• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 9!

Really great 29th update there! The overview is fantastic!
Looking forward to update 30... :thumbsup:

packersfan

Update 30 - Parquart, Southall, and Highland Neighborhoods
Here are some more shots of the western area of this rebuilt tile.  Included are some shots of Parquart University and industrial zones south of Brittany River.

W Sherman Ave and N 32nd St

W North Ave and N 32nd St

...and a super big mosaic

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.  Next update we will move out of the downtown area maybe South Martin or Portland to the west along the river.

marsh

My only suggestion would be to put cars on those roads. They look so dead.  &ops Maybe re-lot the traffic controllers so they work to your advantage. Make some plain grass lots, make some parking lots, or even houses. To blend in as much as possible. :)

packersfan

True, the roads are a little dead.  I don't have the ability to re-lot, but I do have the traffic lots.  Unfortunately, I can't get the lot editor to work...there are a LOT of lots I would like to re-lot.

Perhaps, I also have the automata set on low and forgot to reset it when I returned to a populated city.  I usually turn it down when I take pictures of the farm areas.

bat

Fantastic mosaic of the industrial area and neighborhood!

nbvc

Nice update. I like the industrial area. &apls

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments
nbvc: Nice update. I like the industrial area.

Thanks.  Yeah, I like it too, always trying for as much realism as possible.

bat:
Fantastic mosaic of the industrial area and neighborhood!

Thanks a lot.  Mosaics are so important to show detail but also a large area.

Ol.s / Benoit:
Man, the region overview is one of the best I've seen so far...
And this is also a great update !

Thanks a lot.  I've always been inspired by fantastic realistic region shots and I'm glad to finally be in that conversation.

ricardomiranda:
Big Region , fantastic update !

Well region size is a matter of point of view.  My city isn't nearly as big as even Milwaukee, much less Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles which spread of tens of miles!

Thanks for all the great comments.  I'll try to be more diligent posting replies in the future.  Update 31 will be up around noon (US Central Time) on August 26.

packersfan

Update 31 - Staples Center
Now we move west along Washington Avenue.  Here is the development of parking for the Staples Center near and around the intersection of West Washington Avenue and North 48th Street.

ABOVE: Industrial businesses along West Washington Avenue.

BELOW: Later lots are abandoned and cleared.

New parking lots are constructed in the open spaces to serve the new Staples Center arena.

The neighborhood and more parking around the Staples Center.

What do you think?  I have more mosaics and pictures from around North 40th Street and West Washington Avenue for the next update.  Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

bat

Nice work on the parking area! Also great big street map!! :thumbsup:

wallasey

Skimbo

Update 31 gives a real american feel and update 30 is also nice (Except of the railroads, slightly curvy)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

RickD

I have to repeat myself: I love this MD and your Map is impressive.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Excellent update, the area around the stapples center is wonderful. Good job.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CrossSide

Stunning! That region shot and that big mosaic are one of the best i've seen! Only suggestion I can give is to keep the railroads more straight, as they hardly ever have so much turns.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments

ricardomiranda: Suburbs cool!
Not quite suburbs yet, but we are moving further out from the downtown, so more low-density residential.

Sciurus:
That's very nice, I like 

Guillaume.

Thank you.  Glad to notice some new names in the comments!  You guys inspire me to keep going strong.

CrossSide:
Stunning! That region shot and that big mosaic are one of the best i've seen! Only suggestion I can give is to keep the railroads more straight, as they hardly ever have so much turns.

I understand what you mean about the rail, however the curves are really just a way to give the roads and rail different angle directions as opposed to just 0/45/90/135/180.

art128:
Excellent update, the area around the stapples center is wonderful. Good job.

Thanks, I'm also happy with how the area turned out.

RickD:
I have to repeat myself: I love this MD and your Map is impressive.

Thank you so much.  I'm really starting to get rave comments about my map.  Let it be known that the map is essentially a mosaic too created by stitching together maps from all the city tiles using HTML.  I plan, due to some demand, a tutorial on how I created my region street map.

Skimbo:
Update 31 gives a real american feel and update 30 is also nice (Except of the railroads, slightly curvy)

Thank you, that is the ultimate goal.  I explained the rail earlier (limitations of the game).

wallasey:
And enjoyable and realistic update!

Thanks, realism is the name of the game!

bat:
Nice work on the parking area! Also great big street map!!

Parking areas always help add realism to American sim cities.  Thanks, the map is definitely very enjoyable to make and present.

I try to post on a weekly basis, but my work schedule shifted again, and I was a little lazy today, so an update should be up tomorrow, Saturday, September 3.

packersfan

Update 32 - Garfield Park and Portland Creek Vicinity
This update is a little scattered though most of it focuses on North 40th Street and West Washington Avenue.  The mosaics cover a few neighborhoods - Garfield Park (around 40th and Washington), Marshall Peninsula (area between the Brittany River and Portland Creek), and Washburn (west of 48th and north of Washington).  I will have future updates focusing more on each of these neighborhoods individually, but for now, enjoy some great overviews.

Night view of the southeastern corner of Washburn neighborhood, the Staples Center, and Marshall Peninsula.

Day view of North 40th Street and Garfield Park neighborhood east of the throughfare.

Day view of North 40th Street, Holt Museum, and Garfield Park neighborhood west of the throughfare.

No idea where the next update will take us, but I should post another region view.  Despite my residential demand being through the roof, residential zones are slow to develop in some key areas that I'm working on so a little frustration with that, but all your awesome feedback is keeping me going!  Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

RickD

QuoteI plan, due to some demand, a tutorial on how I created my region street map.

I'd really appreciate it. I think I know how you did it in theory. But in practice all my attempts to make something similar failed.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto