• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packersfan

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of comments, but maybe it's because these are backlogged updates that you guys have seen already on Simtropolis.  O well.  I'm still plugging along building my region and only two more back-updates and then I'll have new ones!

packersfan

Update 26 - Near South Side: Wisconsin and Oklahoma
Today we will go to the Near South Side, south of downtown Martin along the shore.  In this update we will look at the area around the intersection of S Wisconsin Ave (D29) and E Oklahoma Ave.  Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map for reference.

ABOVE: The intersection of Oklahoma and Wisconsin many years before development.

The rail line splits here with one line going west to Hohler, while the older line continues south where it will later split headed towards Hawthorne or St Paul.

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm working on updating the maps of my city to a google-type map.  I've already completed two sections and I think it is turning out great, so if you check out the District of Wenzel Street Map some will be google mapped.

sumwonyuno

The town looks great!

I had that issue with one of the street light mods.  It's certainly a bug.   &mmm

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

bat

The District of Wenzel is looking great!
Looking forward to more... :)

packersfan

Thanks for the responses!  The next backlogged update is the last I made a while back in March, it consisted of one picture of West Town.  That section of town is on the poxed tile.  I've finished the tile using a workaround to eliminate the effects of the pox, but I've decided that I can't have a full enjoyable experience in what is essentially the core tile of my city, and have finally decided to start the tile completely fresh.  First I must figure out if I can just take the tile and obliterate the city and if that will clear the pox or if I have to rerender the entire region and import a fresh tile.  After that I will begin rebuilding the downtown west area with a little better planning and hopefully no pox, of course.

packersfan

Can anyone help me with the modular railyards...I can't figure out how to use them modularly...they don't really seem to fit together.  Or if nothing there, can someone help me out with ways to make a populated looking railyard.  I've been trying to build one and nothing is pleasing my eye.

Tomas Neto

packersfan

Update 27 - Downtown Martin - West Town
Sorry for the long delay!  This is my first update in four months.  Since the last update, I have had to completely rebuild the West Town tile which had been plagued with Prop Pox.  Well the tile is rebuilt, the map complete, and here is the first in a series of updates of Downtown Martin/West Town.

I included labels for a few of the Wenzel Transit Authority Metro stations.  I didn't label all of them I noticed.

At the bottom of this mosaic is the government center of the Republic of Wenzel.

Martin Central Railway Station is the passenger train hub for the City of Martin to various destinations within the Republic of Wenzel.

Martin Municipal Stadium is currently home to an Independent League baseball team, the Warriors.

That's a little slice of the western section of Downtown Martin.  Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are and to see the Metro Lines.  Just as I finished this post I realized I forgot to include a new shot of the region.  I will definitely include one in the next update in two weeks.  I won't be able to post next week, since I will be in Iowa riding in the RAGBRAI almost 500 miles across the state of Iowa.

Thanks for following.

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

packersfan

Update 28 - Downtown Martin - Grand Avenue
Here are some more views of Downtown Martin around North Grand Ave and Bitter Creek.

I screwed up on these next two mosaics, it really should just be one large large one, as you can see, doh.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are and to see the Metro Lines.  I lied again, I didn't include a region shot!!!

Thanks for following.

RickD

Good looking waterfront park.  :thumbsup: I like the rail line with all the level crossings. I see this very often on Google Earth in american cities.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

packersfan

Update 29 - Highland and Southall Neighborhoods
Welcome to the area south of Brittany River (Highland Neighborhood) and the area southwest of Downtown and West Town (Southall Neighborhood).  Highland Neighborhood has a little bit of a new look compared to an earlier update, since I had to rebuild the entire tile.  So enjoy!

Highland Neighborhood

Southall Neighborhood

Southall College

Finally got that region picture up!  The next update with focus on the area west of the railway around Parquart University and the 32nd Street corridor.  I have a large mosaic in the works for it.  Comment and enjoy!

Ol.S / Benoit

Man, the region overview is one of the best I've seen so far...
And this is also a great update !  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture