• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risu

Reminds me of Walsenburg. :D Great city! I especially like Marble Lake, for some reason.

rooker1

It gives me great pleasure to move this fantastic MD to The Best Sellers section! &apls
Congrats frommyself and The SC4D Staff!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

packersfan

Thanks a lot guys!  I'll try to get another backlogged update up here either today or tomorrow.  I'm busy with work and preparing for a return trip to China!

Skimbo

Time for me to not just stop by and look but also comment onto your MD.

The region overview and the last updates show a nice realistic american region! =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

packersfan

Well, I'm back in China, so my internet is a little more spotty, but I'll more free time for throwing up updates and playing SimCity...maybe...Thanks for sticking with my journal despite delays and long layoffs.

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

packersfan

Update 18 - Near East Side - Ivanhoe Terraces
We move kitty-corner from Cramer Neighborhood, north of E Sherman Ave and west of N Webster Ave to Ivanhoe Terraces.  The neighborhood is bordered to the west by Orchard Creek, to the south by E Sherman Ave, to the east by N Webster Ave, and to the north by E Orchard Ave.  The terraces were developed along the sloping ground where Ivanhoe Park and N Webster Ave now sit down to Orchard Creek.  The neighborhood has two schools, Ivanhoe Elementary and Ivanhoe High School, and is home to middle-class residents.

District of Wenzel Street Map

Unadulterated farmland on the verge of being overtaken by the expanding Near East Side.

Ivanhoe High School - MPS

Views from along N Webster Ave along the western side of Ivanhoe Park.

Intersection of N Webster Ave and E Orchard Ave.

Ivanhoe Elementary School - MPS (Kindergarten - 5th Grade).  Ivanhoe Terraces along Orchard Creek.

Ivanhoe Park. 1/8 square mile (1/2 mile X 1/4 mile).

View of Ivanhoe Terraces and Ivanhoe Park looking northwest.

Street view looking east.

Ivanhoe Terraces looking west towards Orchard Creek.

Ivanhoe Park looking west.

Thanks for visiting Ivanhoe Terraces.  Next week we will look at Lincoln Terraces east of Ivanhoe Park.

Tell me what you think, what you would like to see, what could use some work.  Thanks for visiting.

packersfan

Update 19 - Near East Side - Lincoln Terraces and River Bluffs
We move to the east side of Ivanhoe Park and view Lincoln Terraces and River Bluffs, more upscale neighborhoods.

Hills prove a little problematic in SimCity 4, but they also offer great opportunities for different looks.  Above is a very scenic view of the intersection of Orchard Rd and the future N Prospect Ave and farms along the sloping ground.

Below: Here is a picture of Ivanhoe Park before I added all the recreational facilities, etc.

E Orchard Ave and N Prospect Rd are paved and Prospect even expanded to 4-lanes.  These beautiful farms' days are numbered.

First section of terraces terraformed.

Let's add in some embankments.

Completed with new middle-class homes.

More terraces to be constructed on the southeast side of the lozenge-shaped hill.

Add in embankments.

The northwest side is also terraced.

Finally, the northeast side is terraced to mirror the southwest side.

Lincoln Terraces at night.

Bluffs along Honey Creek covered in trees.

Some terracing work, and some texture problems.

Wealthy upper-class homes along N Lawrence Ave.

Before view of the hill:

After view with completed terracing:

I'm glad I was finally able to get this update up!  I'm very pleased with the terraces.  Something different.

kwakelaar

They look great your terraces, and I really like how you prepare your photo's. Also your river with all the trees lining its shore is a nice touch.

RickD

Great terraforming. I like the diagonal terraces.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

FrankU

A nice CJ! Just found it ande saw some very interesting things.  &apls

packersfan

Update 20 - Lincoln Terraces and River Bluffs Continued
A few more pictures from Lincoln Terraces and River Bluffs.  I didn't initially plan this as a lazy update, but it worked out well since I didn't have much time during the week prior to 30 January, since I was getting ready to leave China.  Luckily, I put this update together at the same time I made the previous 23 January update.

Above: River Bluffs

Mosaic of Lincoln Terraces and River Bluffs down to Honey Creek.

Close-ups of Lincoln Terraces.

N Prospect Ave apartments.

Lincoln Terraces and River Bluffs

Tell me what you think.

packersfan

Update 21 - North Sedgwick Avenue
Now we move west to see the area around N Sedgwick Ave.  D42 runs along N Sedgwick Ave between E Orchard Ave and E North Ave.

District of Wenzel Street Map

Whoops, forgot the border...I'll fix that tomorrow.  Nice night view of Orchard Creek and surrounding areas.

Orchard Creek during the day.  Future updates will focus on Orchard Creek Parkway north of Orchard Ave.

Lazy update, no real explanation about the pictures.

rooker1

Nice update.  I like the industrial along the river side.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

packersfan

Hello.  I'm having an irritating issue with my main city tile.  I guess it must be a save glitch, and I hope it doesn't happen all the time, but again it has struck and a swath across the entire tile refuses to load any props, so the avenues and streets are bare, low density housing completely missing, headstones missing from cemeteries, etc.  TERRIBLE!!!  I rebuilt a section of the city it did it to before, and then when I reloaded it still glitched a little, but some of the rebuilt stuff was fine...I'm going to try to rebuild a section in the glitched area and see if it improves, otherwise maybe the entire tile is glitched and I'll have a pain rebuilding the beautiful area!  URGH.

nbvc

Locks like the Prop Pox. Hopefully you have a backup of your nice city.

GreekMan

yeah^ there should be a thread on this problem somewhere on this site that might help you.

great job on the city so far!
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

packersfan

I have the dreaded Prop Pox, so likely I will have to rebuild a significant portion of my Downtown West, URGH, but as long as the problem is fixed that will be fine...I'll be able to refine my building and plan better.  I opened Downtown North which is also a large tile with over 15mb file size and a network file of well over 6mb and there seems to be no damage, so that city isn't infected and it appears that hopefully the offending prop is gone and I only had it for a little while when I was solely working on Downtown West.  I will do some tests to make sure everything is kosher, then the real work will be determining which backup of Downtown West is uninfected.  It is hard to tell when I was working on Downtown West and not North, because whenever you save a city all the other neighbors are also modified thus making it appear I worked on all those cities, so this will require a lot of testing or maybe just going back very far in backups and really having to rebuild a ton of Downtown West.  O well, as long as it is just that city and the culprit is gone I will be content to rebuild.

LATER: I used a test city provided by BAP which was built entirely using vanilla simcity to a file size of 15926kb and a network file size just under 6mb....I built up the city a little with my plugins fully intact to test whether the pox culprit was still lurking.  I saved, exited, checked the file size and it had jumped up to over 24mb, and the network file to over 16mb, meaning no pox?  I reloaded the city and no props were missing.  I saved again and the file size had grown as did the network file meaning pox free.  So the pox disease is no longer on my computer and seems to be contained only on Downtown West now.  Now I must go back and find a clean version of Downtown West, though I fear it may be as far back as October and before so much of the building and updates made on that tile :(.  Sad but it is either that or kill the entire tile anyways, there is nothing else that can be done...:(....I'll keep you posted.

Reikhardt

I feel for you :( Hope you don't have to go back to far...