• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Planning Gotham City

Started by Eddie, April 24, 2007, 02:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie

Hello, erm, Devotionists! This will be an extension of my not-quite-a-CJ at ST. The reason that I don't call this an MD (or a CJ) is that it really has no organized updates or storyline yet (which I'll save for the final result--the real MD). Basically, this is just an outlet for my creativity, and a way that I can get feedback from SC4D, to see if I can get different responses at different websites. I'm looking forward to what you guys think.

As some of you already know, this experimental MD (and the final result) will follow a comic book style. It's Batman for God's sake!

Goodbye for now!  :satisfied: (I don't really smoke).

derek_pearce

the md is very well done but your copying me well now i have some competition best of luck to yah. great first update  :thumbsup:

MOD EDIT:  Derek, I'm sure that was said in fun, because all I see is two nifty CJs; each pursuing a different genre, albeit involving the same subject matter.  There's plenty of room here for both you guys.  -DE
Signature comming soon

HabLeUrG

Great another Gotham MD  &apls will be waiting how this turns out  :thumbsup:

guurgkud

very very nice. love the style that you are taking.

looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Pat

Good start here Eddie cant wait to see some more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Strechnitz

Oh great a comic aproach MD :thumbsup:  I look forward to the way you mesh Simcity with Batman.

Strech.

Eddie

"Ones to Watch"...cool.  ()stsfd()

Dedgren had a faulty link though. The link in the "Recently Published" forum led to "Best Sellers."

MOD EDIT:  Hey, watch it!  One slip and that link could be to the Outer Uzbekistan Society of Proctological Research and Farm Equipment home page.  Anyway, it's fixed with my apologies, Eddie.  -DE

Edit: Thanks, D!  :)

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

football_fever

Wow, where was I?  I didn't even know this one was at Devotion.

Just so people know, SpecialEddie was planning this for quite awhile.  The actual MD/CJ will come later.  He's just teasing us with this thread....
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

Eddie

Wow! Lots of comments. I'm starting to like this new MD system here. I'm getting the same amount of replies per update here and at ST. And SC4D is a smaller site, too. Does that say anything as for how efficient this categorization is?  :) I'm no longer bumped into the abyss of Page 2 at the CJ section.

Replies:

derek_pearce: I see you've edited your comment from "Your trying to steal my views." to "your copying me." How is it copying when our MD's are completely different, as dedgren mentioned. And does it really matter if you were first to post your MD? There have been at least 2 Gotham CJ's over at ST way before you even set one up here. Competiton will be good for the both of us. Good luck.

HabLeUrG: Thanks! Glad you like it.

guurgkud: Many thanks.

dioangel: Thanks, but do you have anything else to say about the update? "awesome start" doesn't really help.  &mmm

patfirefghtr: I am glad you're eager.

Strechnitz: I will mesh them quite well. They will be bread and butter.

football_fever: Thanks for clearing that up. You're one of my more detailed commenters. All your feedback is useful, and have been extremely helpful.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. However, compliments only help to boost my ego. I'd rather have one detailed reply (like football_fever's) than 10 "great jobs!!" It's this type of criticism that helps me get better. And as this is an experimental CJ to see what kind of feedback I'd get, helpful tips are extremely encouraged--compliments don't hurt either, though.

Today's update will focus on the Joker's lair, or hideout--an amusement park on a peninsula on the outskirts of Gotham City. Schulmanator from ST gave me the idea for this update, so lots of thanks to him.

Notice that the lights are off. The park is abandoned. Creepy huh?

And to go along with the entire Joker theme, the storyline I'm currently working on is called "Be a Clown" a tale in which the Joker befriends a young child, which gives him a short-lived spark of decency. The story is based on the episode "Be a Clown" from the Batman television series (not the campy 1960's one), though I made some changes to the story.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated.  :)

Glenni

That looks excellent Eddie! :thumbsup:

Pat

&apls &apls &apls

Eddie i loved that amusement park that is sweeeeet and it is kinda creepy,  so looking forward to more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

derek_pearce

Quotederek_pearce: I see you've edited your comment from "Your trying to steal my views." to "your copying me." How is it copying when our MD's are completely different, as dedgren mentioned. And does it really matter if you were first to post your MD? There have been at least 2 Gotham CJ's over at ST way before you even set one up here. Competiton will be good for the both of us. Good luck.

eddie

my Journal is like a year old it was first hosted at the SCU in june of 2005 but besides that great update and awsome amusment park its kinda giving me some ideas  &idea and good luck on your story if u need any help with the batman universe just pm me and ill be glad to anwser any questions.

By the way the SCUBS will be releasing a Gotham City : Mega Bat Pack in a few days and it will be made up of several BATs you may need .

:thumbsup: Best of Luck from your friend derek , The other Gotham Mayor :thumbsup:
Signature comming soon

Shadow Assassin

Quotemy Journal is like a year old it was first hosted at the SCU in june of 2005

Dude, who cares?

Anyways, Eddie, that's a great amusement park. Reminds me of Luna Park, but bigger.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

guurgkud

Even though you have only provided 3 pictures, I can tell that this is going to be amazing. Those 3 pics are outstanding.
I really love that amusement park. It really captures that eerie feeling.

Definately looking forward to more.

Tristania // Revisited

Eddie

guurgkud made me realize that I've only posted three pictures, so I decided to make an update today! But first--let's reply to your replies!

Glenni: Hey! You're pretty excellent yourself.  :)

patfirefghtr: Well creepiness IS my middle-name. Wait a minute...*checks birth certificates* I've been wrong all these years...

derek_pierce: *sigh* This will go on and on and on, until we really see who was first ever to post a Gotham CJ/MD. I'm over it, and I don't really think it matters anymore. I am however, looking forward to that Gotham City Mega Pack.

Shadow Assassin: Well I think you've mentioned before that you're from Australia so I searched "Luna Park" on Wikipedia, and I clicked on the Sydney one on the disambiguation page. And guess what was the first picture:

It's the Joker!

guurgkud: Three pictures only?! Well then I'll have to change that...

Update time! Well I finally got around to doing that "Be a Clown" title card. This version is of my own creation. You probably want to see the Joker turn around, but I think it adds a sense of mystery.

And here is a sneak peak at "Be a Clown." The mayor makes a speech about safety in the city only to be interrupted by police sirens. Ironic isn't it?

By the way, I'm thinking about a release date for the final, official "Gotham City." I'm considering posting it on July 7, because it's a catchy date (7-7-07). I also thought about releasing it on October 1 or Halloween for that Gotham mood at that time of the year, but I thought that would be too far away from now. I know how a lot of you guys are really eager to see this thing, so I think I'll keep the July date.

Bye for now!

HabLeUrG

of course im eager too see this MD complete  ;D excellent comic pictures and themes, like that ironic part of the police and the mayor talking, keep going  :thumbsup:

guurgkud

hehe... love it!

very nice mixture of SC4 and comic book.  Looking forward to the Gotham City release.. although both dates are kinda far :(

Tristania // Revisited

football_fever

Yes, I definitely don't want to wait until Halloween.  Having the planning thread makes it feel like it's right around the corner.  I want to see this baby!
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch