• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Holland - N268 Reconstruction intersection ring road Boxtel

Started by Paul 999, May 14, 2010, 07:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 999

A while back, the N264 / N265 / N282 widened to 2x2 lanes. The following map shows the options there were then. Option 1 is selected and is now completed. The municipality of Boxtel said that money must come to improve traffic safety on the N268. The road has become busier in recent years. The road has 2x1 lanes and overtaking ban over the whole length, speed limit 80 km/our. The agricultural traffic also uses this road, this is often slow traffic. Despite the ban on overtaking a lot of traffic overtaking to pass the slow traffic. This causes many accidents on the N268. Netherlands is full whit 2x1 roads with an overtaking ban on the entire lengths. These roads are all laid out in the context of Sustainable Safety. At this moment begins the question about the true safety of this. The drivers are ignoring the ban and are sat about the patronizing.

That something must be done on the N268 is clear. There is no money for a full 2x2 road whit split level connections. We chose 2x1 dual carriageway with a central reservation. The road is so developed that a widening to 2x2 lanes in the future, easy to make.

We start at the junction with the A12, this connection existed of 2x2 lanes.

The only split level connection of the N268.

We follow the road past the amusement park.

The intersection to the amusement park and the center of Boxtel.

We continue towards the A4.

And the A4.

Overviews.

This amusement park also provides the necessary traffic on the N268.

And an overview of the old situation, with the 2x1 lane road without lane separation.

Comments are always welcome!

bat

Nice work on the highway and farms around it! Also the amusement park is looking really great!
Wonderful work on this update. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wallasey

Another fantastic update there! The amusement park is a good touch!

ricardomiranda

Paul 999

After the construction of the N264 and the split level connection to the N282 was announced that in time the whole N282 will be converted conversion to A28. The N282 is a 2x1 road with roundabouts and intersections. The road is very crowded and a conversion to to 2x2 lanes must be carried out. Related to land developments and the expected traffic growth has been chosen for a motorway. There is a budget to create this in two major phases. The phasing is set out below.

Phase 1 - 2x1 section conversion to 2x2 lanes
- Node with the A5 - A28
- Connection southern bypass Hoofddorp
- Cloverleaf interchange with the A12 - A28 / N282 partially open
- Degrade N260, N264 follow through traffic

Phase 2 - to 2x2 section conversion to a motorway
- 2 connections Hoofddorp
- 2 connections Ressen
- Cloverleaf interchange with the A12 - A28 complete open
- Connection to the N267
- Construction of a new route N267
- Connection northern bypass Graven

Old situation

New situation

Today's Phase 1 is opened for traffic. This road section had 2x1 lanes and was known as a dangerous road. Now almost the entire section converted from 2x1 to 2x2 lanes. The remaining 2x1 section is included in phase 2.

We start with the node with the A5. Here we see the A5 at Schiphol Noord.

The A5 is the main direction remained. This results in a very large node.

The other side of the junction with the A5.

A28 to the north.

The A28 south (towards the A5).

The connection with the southern bypass of Hoofddorp.

Once again the node A5 - A28.

Overview of the node and surrounding there.

Works on the remaining 2x1 section, conversion to 2x2 are already in progress.

And finally a overview.

Next time we will look at a part of phase 2. Comments are always welcome!

bat

Your highways are always great!! Looking forward to phase 2... ;)

Paul 999

Work on the A28 and progressing there is another new section opened. Today we look at the new situation in Hoofddorp.

The connection to the southern bypass of Hoofddorp . In the last update was this the end of the A28 motorway. The road was the N282 with 2x1 lanes.

The new intersections are very well integrated into the surrounding area. This made the construction of the road is not cheap.

The next intersection is very similar to the previous one.

The next intersection suffer you to the N264.

The northern bypass of Hoofddorp in the direction of the A28.

The northern bypass of Hoofddorp replaces the old N260. The N260 had a transit function. The new bypass of Hoofddorp has this not. In order to exclude through traffic, there are several curves created in the new route.

And some overviews of the motorway A28, the N264 (left), and Hoofddorp Noord.

An overview of the A28, the part which is already completely finished yet.

Comments are always welcome!

Skimbo

I like that update =) As usual nice work on the roads but I also like thoose 70's style neighbourhoods like the one near the intersection at Hoofddorp Noord.
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

bat

Fantastic new update! And the overview is really nice. Great work on it... :thumbsup:

dedgren

A fine, fun roadgeeky MD.  It's my pleasure to visit for the first time.  Don't worry about language issues, I bet I can't speak a word of your native language, and I understand what you have to say just fine.  Thanks very much for showing us New Holland!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Paul 999

Work on the new A28 is completed. Today, the A28 officially opened by the Minister of Transport. The opening took place at the new junction with the A12. An important reason for the A28 to build was the expected growth in freight traffic to Belgium. This growth is due to the expansion of the port of Maasvlakte. In the future we are still expecting growing. Today the Minister of Transport also announced two plans in the context of a reliable connection to Belgium:

- A1 extend to Belgium (conversion of the existing N1 at Vlissingen)
- A12 widening to 2x3 lanes to Belgium

Both projects have one thing in common. There is no national budget available. All the available budget for the coming year has been spent on other road projects. At this moment the following projects are in the authorization process / preparation:

- A2 widening to 2x3 lanes ( De Dieze - West)
- A4 rearrangement and widening to 2x3 lanes ( De Dieze - Oost)
- A7 rearrangement and conversion to 2x2 lanes of existing N7 (Delfland - Tilburg)
- A11 diversion and conversion to 2x2 lanes of existing N11 (Delfland - Germany)
- N14 ring road Tilburg (North - South section is first built)

To finance the two projects under the context of a reliable connection to Belgium will be explored other ways. The A1 will be built in the short term but will have a toll station near the border to Belgium. For the widening of the A12 is it another story, it is considered a PPP structure.

Then we look now at the newly opened road section of the A28. The connection Ressen South, this was an intersection with traffic lights.

The connection Ressen to the junction with the A12.

The viaduct is large because of the designed connected to the junction with the A12.

The cloverleaf junction of the A28 to the A12.

The beginning of the node on the west side. The viaduct over the A12 is also new. Because the former N282 is converted to the A28 there was not longer a road for the agricultural vehicles. There is now a new route laid out for agricultural vehicles.

Then we continue on the A28 . After the junction with the A12 followed by a significant connection with the The N267. The N267 is a new access road to a new residential area of Ressen.

And continue with the A28. The connection Graven, a very compact connection. This is also the last intersection of the A28.

Here we arrive at the end of the A28, the road goes here continue as the N282.

Overviews of the converted N282 to A28. Connection, Ressen South.

Connection, Ressen.

Cloverleaf interchange, A28 / A12.

Connection, N267.

Connection, Graven

Overview of today's open section of the A28.

In the next update we will look at the N267 and the new residential area at Ressen.

Thanks for the responses to previous update, comments are always welcome!

bat

Wonderful work on the highway! And looking forward to the N267 and the residential area... :)

Paul 999

Today we look at the new route of the N267. The N267 is the main access road to the expansion area of Ressen. The expansion area is currently for some 40% built. The municipality has further expansion put on hold because there is no question for new homes. Within two years can probably continue to be built.

We start with the new section of the N267 at Graven. The whole N267 is designed for 80 km / hour.

And the connection to the A28. The N267 is constructed deepened.

The N267 direction Ressen North.

A large roundabout provides the connection to the neighborhood.

Also on the other side is a large roundabout built.

The residential area can be left in the direction of the A12 (above).

To the inhabitants of the new neighborhood to mind out there is another overpass over the A12 built. This is only a temporary solution. When the A12 is expanded to 2x3 lanes the overpass will be replaced for a larger overpass whit bus lanes.

The space reservation for the third lane is clearly visible.

Overviews.

That's it for this update, comments are always welcome!

sumwonyuno

Nice zoomed out view!  It's good to see how it all connects together. 

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Paul 999

The construction of the last piece of the A1 has been a long time coming. This is to be fully integrated due to the lack of budget. From the government of Belgium and the Netherlands. The port Maasvlakte took the initiative several years ago to be quickly begin whit the construction of the remind section of the A1. The Port searched with the Minister of Transport for a way to finance the project. Ultimately, only one option likely candidate. The port Maasvlakte paid all the construction costs. And the government paid the costs for land acquisition. The A1 will be a toll road, the tolls are levied on the border between the Netherlands and Belgium. The money that is earned from the toll will be paid back to the harbor Maasvlakte. There are many companies who benefit from the construction of the A1. This reinforces the business climate of the harbor. The extension of the A1 built with 2x2 lanes. This is enough if the road remains a toll road. If there would be no toll on this route the 2x2 will not be enough and there must be 2x3 lanes.

Time for the pictures of the current state of the construction. We start at the point where the current N1 begins. This junction dates from the '80s when there were big plans whit this node. In the design takes account of conversion to a cloverleaf with a connection to the A19 never built. The plans for the A19 are in '90s finally disappeared into the recycle bin. Because the A5 is built much easter than was previously thought, the A19 is no longer required. This junction will now complete overhaul, and adapted to modern requirements. And preparations for the A19 will be removed.

Just after the junction is a new viaduct constructed. This was a roundabout. There is already one lane of the A1 realized.

In the design of the A1 is very well featured at the water storage. There are many ditches built.

Now comes the part where it really has been a construction site. The new connection Vlissingen - north. At present, the roundabouts of the old N1 still in use.

The A1 is get a new alignment than the old N1.

From here the A1 is built on a new alignment. Here we see the new junction with the N631.

The N631 will be also constructed with 2x2 lanes, see the left. At the right you see the old alignment of the N1.

Then we now proceed to the last part of the A1, the border and the toll plaza.

Overviews.

On the left you can see clearly the path of the never-built A19. And at the right you see the A5 which is very close build to the never- build A19.

That's it for this update, the next update will be opened the A1. Comments are always welcome!

RickD

Nice construction pics. There are still so many roads to improve in your region. And when the new RHW comes out you have to start all over again.  :P $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Rady

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Framly

Master of RHW &apls

I'll come back to steal some Ideas :D

Very impressive!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

As Framly said: "Master of RHW", nothing else to say ! Grreat work again on this update :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Jeverledenzoektje

The amusement park looks rather nice but I still think Duinenzicht was your best.