• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Holland - N268 Reconstruction intersection ring road Boxtel

Started by Paul 999, May 14, 2010, 07:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Paul 999

In this update we look at the second part of the new A27/N27 North-South Corridor. This section of the road existed as N266 and N267 and randweg Vught.

We start with Bossche Broek, here the new A27 crosses the A261 with a cloverleaf.

The new A27/N27 was making a major challenge for the designer and the contractor. Over the whole project is little space available and the existing road can't not close during the construction.

The biggest challenge was to create a connection at Boschelona South. The new structure of the node can handle the traffic quite well, expansion is impossible because the limited space.

The route to Bossche Broek is very close to the buildings. The business had no need to move. There is also chosen here for tunnels because less space.

Also in the next connection is a tunnel built. The tunnel here is somewhat larger because there are plans for a tram link across the tunnel.

The A27 comes with a 2x3 profile along the center of Bossche Broek.

The clover is actually an expensive solution for connecting with the A261. In the original design would get the N27 traffic lights. The industry has raised money to make a cloverleaf possible. Right now they want to pay for a better road. As the recently completed junction of the A9 with the A261 a bottling neck since the opening.

As you can see there's a lot of truck traffic on this node.

On this side of the node, the 2x3 profile of the motorway.

The connection for the industrial park.

The bridge over the canal to Vught.

Then we proceed whit the section at Vught. This section of the road is an upgrade of the existing randweg Vught. This road had a 2x1 profile and crossings designed as roundabouts. There are many people who have left Vught both the capacitate of main roads are not enough. The A27 is possibly part of the solution.

The first connection of the new A27, this was a 2x2 traffic intersection.

The junction with the N263, a widening of the N263 to 2x2 is also on the program.

The connection to the new business area of Vught.

The provisional end of the new A27 highway here is the A27 connect whit the existing randweg Vught.

The junction with the A4 that has recently expanded to 2x3.

Just look back to a pair old situations. The first connection is converted to a cloverleaf. 2x2 road whit traffic lights has been converted to a motorway the A27.

The traffic lights and the roundabout intersection at Vught aansluitng the N263 is now a junction.

The project A27/N27 North-South corridor is necessary for the entire region. The final challenge for the project is to make a connection with the A4. The next update will be the last piece of the A27.

Comments are always welcome!  ;)

kbieniu7

Good work with tunnels. Also the clover looks great :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Tomas Neto

noahclem

Nice job with your motorways and transportation layout!

strucka

Hi! Great work. By the way! How did you get those Euro blocks (those spanish looking) to grow? Pictures 11 and 14. I can't seem to grow the 4x8 and 4x4 version, but if I plop them over empty or build up areas, only one in a 100 doesn't get abandoned. =S

Paul 999

I don't i have no problems whit the grow of those buildings. I don't use plop for resident buildings.

Paul 999

We continue now whit the last part of the A27. The last section of the A27 includes the junction with the A4 at Vught. This was not the easiest job on the route of the A27. We look at the section at Vught, in the last update was this the end of the A27 and the road went back to 2x1 lanes.

The beginning of the junction with the A4.

The node itself. For the structure of the node is chosen for a parallel structure. The parallel structure is extended from the A9 at the junction by De Dieze.

The regional road network.

The end of the route of the road with connection to the A4.

The parallel structure of the A4.

The parallel structure has now become very long. There is one point where you can leave the main road and drive through the parallel lane.

Several overviews of the new node and its surroundings.

Vught now has a brand new road network. The A27 has 2x2 lanes, and the A4 has 4x2 lanes. The widest point of the node has 12 lanes and is the widest of the whole region.

Then we will proceed with the end of the parallel structure in Gestel. The A4 Gestel has recently widened to 2x3 lanes. The process is start to expand the highway to 2x4 lanes.

Before the end of the parallel structure, there is a half connection to Gestel.

The roads to the connection whit the A4 are also new.

Again, a half-intersection to one end of the parallel structure.

The railway is not opened.

And a new road at Gestel.

Finally, a overview of the rebuilt section of the A4.

The whole route of the new A27/N27 the new North-South corridor is now open for traffic.

Region overviews

Bigger size: http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2255/luchtoverzicht17411.jpg

Bigger size: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9303/wegenkaart17411.jpg

That's it for now, comments are always welcome!

Paul 999

Today we look at the widening of the N263. The N263 is the main road between Vught and Rosmalen. Since the A27 was opened become the N263 busier. These created daily traffic jams, an widening was necessary.

The junction with the A27 at Vught.

On the entire route was a space reserved for widening.

Connecting roads to the industrial complex is also converted to 2x2.

There is a HOV bus connection between Nieuw Vennep, Boxtel, Rosmalen and Vught. Along the N263 between Rosmalen and Vught is the largest park and ride stops. The bus ride for a large section on a separate bus lane.

Then we come to the junction with the A4, this connection is also extended to 2x2.

An overview of the N263 broaden. The widening reduces congestion, but the entire road don't have enough capacity.

Skimbo

The motorway story continues  ;D

As usual cool updates =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

scott1964

Paul 999

Today a minor update to the new eastern ring road of Boxtel. In the old situation was much traffic through the village. The construction of the eastern ring road should be prevented. The road was built with 2x1 lanes and roundabouts and has been named N268. On the A12 take the exit N268 Boxtel expanded to 2x2 lanes.

The village of Boxtel would like to expand. Here is taken into account in the construction of the eastern ring road. The eastern beltway N268 corresponds to the junction with the A4 and N263 Rosmalen.

There is a lot of traffic that make use of the N264 towards New Vennep. The N264 will soon be a new exit on the A4.

The interchange whit the A12.

Sciurus

Really well done, I like &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

A lot of great pictures there!
And your region is also looking fantastic!
Looking forward to more pictures...

Tomas Neto

Paul 999

Today we look at the rebuilt N279. The road has been redesigned by the Sustainable Safety principle. In recent years at various locations in the Netherlands refurbished roads in safe and sustainable basis.

Under the old system was a part of the N279 2x2 lanes with traffic light intersections. The road is now fully converted to 2x1 lanes with roundabouts. The road may be degraded because the A9 has been extended. Since the opening of the A9, drive a lot less traffic on it.

Here you see the rebuilt junction with the A9 by Witte Wielen.

Two roundabouts close together on the road to the ferry. This stopped the 2x2 part of the old road.

The bridge of the N279 and the metro to the airport.

We arrive again at the end of the old N279 at Midden Bosch. It is a junction-like connection. There is also good to see that the whole N279 was planned as a 2x2 road. These plans will never be executed.

A new tunnel. This tunnel ensures that no dangerous crossing the Metro lake.

The other side of the node.

The N279 is a 2x1 road continues to the junction with the A27 at Midden Bosch.

That was it for today. Comments are always welcome.

supremec

The road network is impressive and very realistic, I love it  &apls  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

ricardomiranda

Its transport system is very nice, I like it!

Paul 999

Today we look at the rebuilt connection to the A10 at Gestel and the newly opened train station at Gestel. The new station is designed as a park & ride.

We continue with the new junction on A10. The new intersection is prepared for a widening of the A10 to 2x3 lanes.

The A10 to the junction with the A4 continues to 2x3 lanes.

There is also a new office park built between the railway station and the A10 motorway.

There is a passing track built for the fast trains does not stop at the station of Gestel.

The road to the station from at Gestel.

End of the passing track.

That was it for today. Comments are always welcome.

RickD

Your MD ist mainly about roads. But I must say I like the office park, too. And also the scenery next to the highway in the third and fourth picture looks really great.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)