• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Beautiful landscape.

The house looks a bit out of place. Normally house in the open country is just one level and once in a while two.

Framly

Awesome landscaping! You create a unique autumn impression :thumbsup:

Great use of MMP + Terrainmod

Keep it up!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

marsh

Replies

nbvc, art128, rooker1, chester, io_bg, apeguy, supremec, Benoit, Yan007, Kergelen, Girafe, Vester, Framley & Terring: Thank you all for commenting. :) And It's nice to see people are still discovering my cj.

Vester: Well I'm primarily using maxis houses. There are some but their more moderness looks out of place in the country. And there aren't many BAT's that blend in well with low density maxis $$..

10-1

10-2
5 years past since the start of the highway and the town continues to grow. Sandalwood Consolidated School has been completed. The old 1 room schoolhouse now torn down to make room for more expansion. It seems as if this is the first bad effect of the expansion. What the initial residents of the town feared. With growth comes problems this is known. Though the destruction of the towns history is more than frowned upon. By the Original residents at least.
Among other changes is the newly deemed 'Tooblock Park' has seem some activity. Originally the patch of trees outside of town is now in the middle of the towns main park, headed by city hall. Most of the trees now are torn down, though some will be left, to make way for the park. Paths, neatly trimmed grass, and other things may ensue. One thing is ceartain though, the town has already come a long way.

art128

Excellent development on this last update. I'm looking forward to the area around the high school. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Orange_o_

Great! these pages are really wonderful.

Currently working on agricultural and rural props, I'm really encouraged through the use you make of my work already. The Pyrenean Terrain Mod take sublime colors in your MD.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

bat

That are two fantastic shots!!! Looking forward to more from that town...

Badsim

I don't know what I like the most , your work  about growing rural towns or these stunning landscapes of which you're able to capture and give us back here the pure essence ...  :-\  ;)

We can literally feel how your inspiration comes from wild & huge american landscapes .
Like Girafe said , seasonal flora are jewels in your hand , not only in yours but your style is particularly refined & striking at the same time .

Glad to see that your two MDs are now melted in a single one , that's a wise decision for the future . :)

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Ol.S / Benoit

Big step here !
The city is growing quite fast now :)
Nice pictures.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Dantes

You make a very realistic city development. I like the sites that look very lifelike. Great job.  :)

carlfatal

Hi marsh,
first: i saw these awesome pictures from the place where You live. But i was stunned and not able to say anything... And now i´m envious...  ;)
Here near Frankfurt everything is divided into small sections, there is really no place without human marks where ever You look. Nevertheless here live a lot of different wild animals like snakes but You need a good eye and some point of quiescence in Your behavior to see them. The most people are loud and bustling - no chance for them to enjoy this...
But i´m still envious: You´re a lucky guy to have this grandiose perspectives around You.

And then: i love this little town You´re building. Like someone other said: i would love to live there. And Yann is right: You deserve a place in the HoF.
&apls &apls &apls
Greetz, Carl

rooker1

Here is a super fantastic MD with more fine details than most MDs out there.  This will be marsh's second time in OSITM!  Anyone could spend very lengthy amounts of time enjoying these pictures.  So I would would suggest your most relaxing time of day to look over this great MD!

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSTIM!   &apls &apls &apls

I love the growth in progress look your city in the latest update has, it feels very realistic! 

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Congrats on your second OSITM-award! And looking forward to more...

carlfatal

Hi marsh,
also congrats for Your OSITM award,
greetz, Carl

dwelln8hss32

I'm literally melting in my chair. I've been doing small midwest American towns for years and can only dream of creating such beautiful landscapes. Bravo on your second award! Looking forward to seeing how Sandalwood shapes up! Turly inspiring work. Love it love it!   :thumbsup:
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

noahclem

Congrats on another OSITM Marsh!   &apls

The pictures are looking great and nice move combining your MDs  :thumbsup:

Framly

Congrats on your second OSITM-award! &apls

Keep it on :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team