• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Nice highway, and lot of detail on the coast, and good use of the VIP rural pack. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I don't think the sunabathers are going to catch much sun though. :D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Swordmaster

Yes, absolutely excellent. I think I'll have to try out this terrain mod, too.

Keep it up, marsh  :thumbsup:

wallasey

Marvellous imagery with the Bridge, the realism by looking into the impact the highway has had on the ferry is a really good touch.

Huston_N7

That is Spectacular work Marsh, I can only get more ideas and inspiration from this! This realistic to the max. like you always do!!  ;D
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

marsh

art, Gringamuyloca, SkyGuy, Dantes, GuGu3, apeguy, Swordmaster, wallasey, Republic & others: Thank you all. And Quick update today.  :)

nbvc: The base water is a mod by lowkee. Then yes, I have photoshopped the water to make it look more realistic. ::)

threestooges: Not sure. I'm not very good when it comes to explaining stuff. :P The biggest problem when making transition is the lot borders. I try to cover them up with mmp's such as dirt and grass to make them blend into the landscape. Also as you go into more rural areas. Spread your houses out more. There wont be just a complete stop of civilization. (That is, unless you are creating American sub-divisions :P)

Bear with me while I still try to find good positioning for the picture numbers and text. :P Also for some reason my banners always have spelling mistakes in them. Damn you photoshop for not having spellcheck. D:

Fall, moving into winter. The entire county gets very cold. Not exactly a warm place to live. However others seem to like it here.

5-1

George Call recently bought a small piece of property in Sandalwood before summer ended, and started construction on a house there. He was one of the workers on the I-16 project through the region. He moved to Sandalwood aspiring for a new life. The construction on his house started late november. Due to the cold weather however, the house wont be finished for some time.

5-2

The house was finished in mid-spring of the next year. After winter passed and the cold left, he finished up the house. And on top of that, he is the first citizen to move into the county for over 35 years.

5-3

Recently, the residents of the town have been pondering about what the new highway will bring to their quaint little town. Already it has had 1 person call it their new home, as well as many plots of land being bought. Along with that traffic on the highway has been increasing gradually. Drawing in a lot of passerbyers. Now that winter is gone and spring is here, how much else will change.

Swordmaster

Mmm, looking brilliant again. I could never spend so much time and effort into a handful of houses. For some reason I'd pull a gazillion roads through the area and move in the masses. With so much free space, I wonder how you keep that urge at bay.

carlfatal

Hi marsh,
wonderful pictures again, it´s pure joy to follow the course of time here. But if i don´t see the wrong one one thing is funny: George Call has build the framework in his backyard and then put the complete thing near the street to finish the house there?  &Thk/(
Seems he is a busy man everytime...  ;)
Greetz, Carl

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Gugu3

Ol.S / Benoit

Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

art128

I really, really love that town, very good looking. The fog effect is well done.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rambuckel

What a beautiful landscape ... The shoreline is brilliant ...

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Badsim

Hello marsh ,

Just wanna tell you that I'm there and will be there , because great things are  happening there and greater ones will happen ...  I browsed again and  more attentively your previous MD ... whatever praises you received , I think your work is still undervalued . In fact , I think you should ask to a moderator for the reunification of your two MDs into a single one ... why ? Well , I'm a SC4Devotion member since its early days , I've seen several exceptional authors and MDs  to sink into oblivion , and even if  MDs  classification  tree has been changed since ( Inactive MDs are now kept in their respective subforum ) , I'm sure that your work is promised to the MD HoF ( if you don't get bored of SC4 before ...  :P ) , so your work shouldn't be and stay fragmented . Just my opinion ...  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

marsh

+Replies+

somwonyuno, Gugu3, Ol.S / Benoit, Art128, rambuckle & others: Thank you all for commenting. Excpect an update in a bit while I try and get some things figured out. ;) (see my reply to swordmaster)

Swordmaster: In more recent times things have changed for me. I cannot really build until everything is perfect. Resulting in me trying to make many different mods for the game. One now is a maxis tree replacement mod. Though I've already made it I want a seasonal one. If I can't make it seasonal, I'll make 4 separate mods. 1 for each season so that my dream can come true, and I can finally start growing the city more. :P

eulf: heh. Well there isn't a construction model for every single building.  ::)

Badsim: The reason why I started a separate MD was to just see things anew. I felt like I would be more persistent starting a new thread rather than continuing my old one. One which I've changed many times already. (I could never work on only 1 area of Gansbaai :P) Though I see your point. I'll think about it, maybe in the near future after I get my feet wet in the county of hemiparasitic trees, I'll see. :)

Jmouse

You are doing some great work here, Marsh. The landscapes are stunning, and I like the sense of open spaces. May I ask which terrain mod you're using?

Thanks in advance
-Joan

Simcitler

Outstanding pictures here. I really like your landscaping. The town also looks convincing for me.

Great job  &apls

dadeux029

I love it! &apls

but I have two questions:

1 - Where do you download this amazing map of San Francisco?

2 - In your village, the house are R$$, but when I start a small town, I just have house R$ (ugly). Is that a mod or not?

thank you!

** sorry for my bad English. :-[

marsh

Replies

Jmouse: Thank you. It is orange's Pyrenean terrain mod. ;)

Simcitler: Thank you :)

dadeuxe: The map is a special request I made where I had it flipped. The houses (atm) are just plopped. For that very reason. So they're not functional. Once the town gets larger I'll start growing it legitly.

Winter moves into spring. The cold bitter air is replaced by the cool wet air of spring. Many plants and grasses in bloom.

6-1

After George Call moved in, many of the workers on the Francisca Bay Bridge and I-16 felt motivated to move into town. Already accustomed to the
residents from staying in the local in, shopping at the town store, and nights at the pub, some felt right at home already. 

6-2

The streets empty. Why? They're all at the towns first baseball game.

6-3

The local schoolhouse is already expecting new students for the next school year, after summer when many of the houses are finished. With the recent
surge in new residents and sales in the local stores, the town has had a much needed increase in tax money. The Council voted and decided it was best
to spend the money on a field for the school. The students and residents are all happy with this new addition to Sandalwood. Although some say the
money should have been put to fix that pothole on the highway.

6-4

carlfatal

What should i say? You´re well as a builder and texture artist as a storyteller.  &apls
I´m eager for more...
greetz, Carl

art128

Lovely new development near the baseball field. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog