• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Awesome style and great pictures have exceled this MD through all the different MD categories and now you are finally in The Classics Section.  Congrats my friend, it's a very well deserved move.  &apls

Congrats from myself and The SC4D Staff!!
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

Wow, great pictures.  &apls But I hate war.  ()sad()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

The pictures of the ship are awesome!
Great work on them.

apeguy

awesome update marsh. :thumbsup: Is Gaansbai fighting in the war?

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Reikhardt

Fantastic pics as ever! A great and moving tale too!  &apls

canyonjumper

Congrats on the Classics marsh! You certainly deserve it!

Your friend,
                               Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

netmod

mooooooooooooooooo...

Tomas Neto

Nice update and welcome to the Classics section!!!

marsh

-- Replies --
greckman, Framley, peter007, rooker1, RickD, bat, reikhardt, canyonjumper, netmod & Tomas Neto: Thank you all.

TekindusT: I had to post the previous update. I needed some "buffer time". :P Anyways, thank you. That is my aim with Serindriea. A depressing story. And I am glad I am accomplishing that.

kelis: I don't play SC4. I use it as a base to produce artwork.  ;)

apeguy: You will learn more about the war in this next update. ;)

All: Thank you all. It's been almost a year and this move to the classics is a great honor. I hope to be able to continue Gansbaai for as long as I possibly can!  ;D

Lieutenant Johnson, my commanding officer, called me over to his side. He seemed to like me after frequent talks across the Vascan sea. He informed me of the mission we had. Detailing of the route and stops, ect; As well as our landing location in northern Trentannia. A newspaper lay on the table. Published a few weeks ago, probably obtained back in the country. It read:

--April 29th, 1948--
After years of controversial actions made by Trentannia, the people of Serendriea has been enraged by the most recent one. A major attack on a Naval fleet preforming tests and training in the Alcadean. 3 Cruisers, 4 destroyers and an aircraft carrier where all sunk in this single attack. The attack was unknown to the troops on those ships, and left over 2,000 dead. Serindriea immediately took this as an act of war, in a planet already in a state of extreme revolt and global unrest. Drafts are now in affect in Serindriea. 1.5 million citizens have already been shipped off.

"Is that where we're going Sir?," I asked.

"No," he replied. "We're going out to Trentannia itself. Takin' the war straight to their land."

He showed me a map of western Althena.

"Why is that area around Trentannia colored in grey?" I pondered.

"That is all Trentannian land. Conquered by them over the past few years."

"So, "I questioned again. "Why are we going straight for their homeland? Isn't that rather dangerous?"

"Attacking anything other than the Trenannian homeland would prove useless. They murdered twenty two hundred of our own men. We will murder the same. Any that die along the way. We will get that payback also." He continued, "an eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. Our blood has been spilt. We will spill theirs."

---2 weeks later---

Sitting in my bunk in the berthing space quietly, I heard a loud noise. An, explosion of some sorts. I walked down the hallway and into the nearby cafeteria and looked out the porthole in there. I saw a battleship on the horizon. Firing, it seemed, directly at us. I hastily made my way up to the deck. As soon as I reached it I heard a voice say, "QUICK, Get down!"

A mortar shell immediately dug itself a large crater into the deck of the ship. Splintering the wood into millions of shards and igniting a small fire. The Mark-7's quickly begun firing. Piercing my ear drums. A large explosion then over-took this sound. I looked to the starboard and saw the enemy ship ablaze with a hole in it's hull the size of a large bus while sinking like a lead anchor. I saw many people. Rapidly swimming away from the sinking vessel. The Commander hurriedly handed me a gun. I... I recognized it. It was the very same type of gun which my father used to hunt with back when I was a child. As well as what I learned to hunt with. A nostalgic feeling came over me. I remembered better days when I was a child. A loud voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "Let no one escape alive!" Gunfire then engulfed the airways. The men escaping where being killed like lambs to slaughter. I couldn't get the courage to shoot. I've never killed a man before. Let alone a utterly defenseless one.

"Shoot you bastard," The commander screamed at me. "Don't be a coward! There's no mercy in war, Only death to those who oppose us!"
I froze for a moment, as I felt the barrel of a gun jammed against my temple.
"Shoot or you will be killed with them," he snarled.

I shot. Out of fear of being killed mercilessly by my own men. I attempted as best as I could, to try and not shoot anyone. Bullets simply firing into empty black waters. Immediately, I saw a man die. I knew that it was a bullet from my own gun. I looked down, his body close enough to the ship to where I could see it, his hair wet from the salt water. His tan Trentannian uniform soaked. Then I looked into his cold eyes realizing. I just killed a fellow human being.

peter007

Awesome update. Marsh

The best story I read for months.  &apls

-Ernst

nedalezz

Very compelling story!

Makes you want to see what's coming next!

Dont delay too much on the update :)

Tomas Neto

Framly

Congrats on the Classics &apls you deserve it ()stsfd()

Great Update   :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

apeguy

Awesome update as usual, very good story, and excellent pics. Can't wait to see what happens next! ;D ;D ;D

Also, congrats on making it to the classics section! :thumbsup:

BTW, those battleships you've used are amazing! I don't think I've seen them before on the STEX. Where did you get them?

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Yan077

Congrats on entering the classics my friend   :thumbsup:
Another unbelievable couple of updates.
Your CJ has not equivalent. Your story, your photoshopping, your artwork, all is amazing !

&apls &apls &apls

Reikhardt

Great work and congratulations on making the Classsics section!  &apls  &apls  &apls

greckman

Very well done as always, marsh.
Congratulations on Gansbaai being one of the Classics.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

canyonjumper

Great update marsh! The storyline is very intriguing!

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

peter007, nedalezz, Tomas Neto, Framly, yan007, Reikhardt, greckman, kelis, canyonjumper: Thank you all so much. :)

apeguy: They're not on the STEX. Check out the Japanese SC board here on SC4D. ;)

I'm not usually very good at words or long comments. (Which came to my amazement that more than 1 sentence spouted out of my mouth while writing the Serindriea war.) I usually let the pictures talk. I know I left some more recent updates out of that mosaic... but I really wanted to remind you all of past updates. Ones that don't deserve to be forgotten. It's been a great year. When starting Zukuraai I never thought Gansbaai would get as far as it has today. I want to thank each and every one of you for commenting and viewing my CJ. I truly appreciate it. One whole year already. Time flies. I hope to continue Gansbaai for as long as I can. I don't know what the future holds for my CJ.

A little treat; these are some pictures I have never shown before. Mainly because I planned an update, but only made 2 pictures for it.  &mmm

Also, I recently have been reminded of my first (real) CJ. Tropicana. Only 2 pictures remain. I remember Tropicana well. But due to a computer failure I lost it all. And for some reason I thought it was a bright idea to delete my imageshack folder.

1 year of Gansbaai. Hopefully it can go on for many more. :)

,marsh