• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Hi Marsh, congratulations on OSITM my friend!!! Fantastic mosaics, really great work!!!

bat

Fantastic pictures of your great city there!
And congratulations on the OSITM. &apls
Looking forward to more beautiful areas...
And the fireworks are really really nice. :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Congrats on your selection for OSITM!  Great mosaics and animation!

marsh

Quote from: cubby420 on October 03, 2010, 08:45:28 AM
You're really something else Marsh  &apls

Every time I think you've reached your peak, you bust something like this gif image out. Simply awesome.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot, congrats on the award. I'm sure you'll make great use of the time.

Thank you cubby! I hope that I can keep exceeding your as well as my own expectations.  ;D

Quote from: Shilka on October 03, 2010, 12:15:49 PM
Congrats marsh! You've been showing more and more amazing stuff, and I've been constantly amazed by the continuous improvement in both quality and quantity of your work. I'm very impressed, and you definately deserved the OSITM credit!

Thanks Shilka! glad to see you back on the forums. Ans I'm really glad you like this.  :)

Quote from: ecoba on October 03, 2010, 02:13:46 PM
Firstly, congratulations on OSITM; you very much deserved it ! ;)

Secondly, the night mosaics are really amazing ! The firework effects are certainly very cool looking and it is also a very well crafted area. :)

Ethan

Thank you very much Ethan!  :)

Quote from: Tomas Neto on October 03, 2010, 02:26:34 PM
Hi Marsh, congratulations on OSITM my friend!!! Fantastic mosaics, really great work!!!

Thanks alot!  :)

Quote from: bat on October 04, 2010, 08:11:06 AM
Fantastic pictures of your great city there!
And congratulations on the OSITM. &apls
Looking forward to more beautiful areas...
And the fireworks are really really nice. :thumbsup:

Thank you Bat! I hope you become a common veiwer of my MD!  ;D

Quote from: Battlecat on October 04, 2010, 08:12:19 AM
Congrats on your selection for OSITM!  Great mosaics and animation!

Thank you battlecat!  :)

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms has recently acquired a new Addition to The kingdoms. A small peninsular in Antarctica. The land was bought about half a year ago, and now Gansbaai has sent an expedition team to explore the area, and also find a suitable area for the construction of a research facility. 3 ships, 2 of them Ice breakers, were sent off about a month ago, and have almost made landfall. This research facility would supply information for the earth's past, and also will contain an Observatory.

RickD

Great idea. I don't think I have seen ice breakers in SC4 before.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

rooker1

I have to agree with the above comment.  I have never seen such a picture before....great idea.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

peter007

It's just so espacial because you ain't seeing this teh whole day long. Perfect  &apls

nedalezz

I think this MD has firmly placed itself in that "Elite" echelon where you simply have to check out each update because you know its going to be something special!

The icebreaker? Antartica!?! You, my friend, have ventured into unknown lands! But that is exactly what one would expect from a SC revolutionary like yourself :)

cubby420

Nedalezz is dead on. Your MD is definitely a must view every update. I feel for all those suckers missing out  $%Grinno$% This update in particular is so exciting, I can't wait to see where it goes next! I've never seen a lot of content that fit the genre "antarctic research station" before...so I'm really curious where your gonna pull this one from.

vester

io_bg

Wow! It must've taken you a lot of time to photoshop this! ;D Looking forward to more!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

canyonjumper

Just awesome marsh. I can't say much more than what's already been said, but you keep breaking expectations ;D

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Haljackey

There are some truly fantastic pictures here marsh. Excellent work! Congrats on OSITM too!

Jayster

It will be very interesting to see what happens next... looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

marsh

Quote from: RickD on October 05, 2010, 03:56:46 AM
Great idea. I don't think I have seen ice breakers in SC4 before.  :thumbsup:

Thank you a lot. I try to be inventive.  ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on October 05, 2010, 07:14:04 AM
I have to agree with the above comment.  I have never seen such a picture before....great idea.

Robin  &apls

Thanks a lot Robin!  ;D

Quote from: peter007 on October 05, 2010, 07:16:47 AM
It's just so espacial because you ain't seeing this teh whole day long. Perfect  &apls

Thank you.  ;D

Quote from: nedalezz on October 05, 2010, 08:02:44 AM
I think this MD has firmly placed itself in that "Elite" echelon where you simply have to check out each update because you know its going to be something special!

The icebreaker? Antartica!?! You, my friend, have ventured into unknown lands! But that is exactly what one would expect from a SC revolutionary like yourself :)

Wow. Thank you very much.  ;D I'm trying to be as inventive as possible. And believe me.... there is a lot more to come. Which you haven't seen because its for my eyes only currently...  ;) I'm ecstatic that you think this. It's provoked me to start some other things.  ;D

Quote from: cubby420 on October 05, 2010, 10:59:54 AM
Nedalezz is dead on. Your MD is definitely a must view every update. I feel for all those suckers missing out  $%Grinno$% This update in particular is so exciting, I can't wait to see where it goes next! I've never seen a lot of content that fit the genre "antarctic research station" before...so I'm really curious where your gonna pull this one from.

Thanks a lot! I have a lot of ideas. I've been trying to not get TOO much into photoshop; for some things however I will have to, like roads, Ice, and Ice breakers of course. :P

Quote from: vester on October 05, 2010, 11:46:51 AM
Great idea. Just wonder how you did it.

Just some plopable ships and water.  :D For the facility itself.... you'll see. ;)

Quote from: io_bg on October 05, 2010, 12:21:20 PM
Wow! It must've taken you a lot of time to photoshop this! ;D Looking forward to more!

Thank you! Not TOO much time. Just more time figuring out how to do it in the first time. Now that I know that, the rest will be a breeze.  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: canyonjumper on October 05, 2010, 05:29:29 PM
Just awesome marsh. I can't say much more than what's already been said, but you keep breaking expectations ;D

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:

Thank you jordan! I promise you I will keep breaking them.  :D

QuoteThere are some truly fantastic pictures here marsh. Excellent work! Congrats on OSITM too!

Thank you Haljackey! I'm glad you like it.  :)

Quote from: Jayster on October 05, 2010, 09:59:05 PM
It will be very interesting to see what happens next... looking forward to more!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

Thanks jaystar! I hope you will find what happens interesting.  ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm again, sorry for the lack of updates.I've been doing more important stuff. (AKA-Real Life)
BUT, since this is OSITM, I will post teasers when I can.

So..... What tis this?

I'll give you a hint... It's NOT an airport.  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

tankmank

Well it could be somthing industrial like a factory or it could be more touristy such as a Hotel or it could be a shopping centre

travismking

I know as well! but you can say it yourself, I really don't think it looks like what its intended for, though, but maybe it will when its done

marsh

keep guessing! :P

October 10th, 2010. The first ship en-route to Cerro Paranal Antarctica, reaches shore... or as close to shore as it can get. The cold was the worse anyone has ever experienced. Even for the European workers, let alone ones who have lived in a desert their whole lives.

Construction was started as soon as possible,for... obvious reasons... So far the workers have lived in tents for 2 days, but some more stable structures were recently completed. Another thing that was built was a desalination building to provide water for the workers.

At months end a large flat plot of land was finished so that aircraft could land and bring goods to Cerro Paranal. Planes immediately came bringing more food, building materials, and more.

RickD

&idea If it is not an airport then it must be a seaport. 

$%Grinno$%

My real guess is: a racetrack?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)