• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

You certainly have managed to make something quite unique, I must say the overview from your last update was simply fantastic.

cubby420

Whoa...what a huge, awesome update. Your best yet I think.  &apls

Tomas Neto

marsh

Not an update, I've just re-did Gansbaai's Statistics. You can see on the front page if your interested.(your probably not. XD )

Also, I've made a new map, and a un-detailed history.

Click For Full-Size!

History: The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms are a relatively new nation.  In early 1990 the city of Nouadhibou in the disputed lands South of Morocco (West Sahara), goes into complete Anarchy, after the president of Morocco, (visiting the area on a "peace" mission) is killed by a roadside bomb. This put the entire disputed area of Western Sahara into turmoil, and is remained disputed, for a longer period of time. Later that year the conflict in Nouadhibou (&West Sahara) is resolved, and a ceasefire is issued. Problems remain in the area, such as famine and political instability.

In 1993; After much dispute over the lands in West Sahara, It was decided by the several West African countries disputed over the area, (Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania, and Mali), that citizens in the boundaries would have independence as their own country, The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms. This new country was officially deemed a country on June 21st, 1994

In 1997, Major Oil Reserves were found in lands disputed by Morocco, The Gansbaai Kingdoms, Mauritania, Algeria, Mali, and Songhai. The lands were originally disputed over Political issues and "Power". This gave even more reasons to want the area. Tensions between the countries grew over the years.

Recently in late 2008, the disputed lands were given to Gansbaai. The revenue from the oil soon made the population of Gansbaai skyrocket, and Almost every major city in the country is a commercial epi-center.

The Future... Gansbaai is looking for new land acquisitions. One is Antarctica, were it wishes to set up a research facility, and also is starting to fund a space program.

:thumbsup:

kodlovag

Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

canyonjumper

Marsh, just imagine I posted all the positive things I could possibly say. That would be what I think of your updates, especially this last one!

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

kelis

WOW, really amazing night mosaic  &apls &apls I like the effects of the water !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

RickD

Beautiful pic. And I liked your statistical update, too. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nedalezz

WOW  &apls  &apls  &apls

That is a STUNNING mosaic, gorgeous nightlights, and the canals look great!

In your last few updates the canals weren' there, is it something you've added as you've reworked the city, or is it in another part of the city?

nbvc

sumwonyuno

&apls &apls &apls &apls

I am in so much awe right now!  That region view was just stupendous!  I can only imagine what it would look if the rest of the region was filled out.  The subsequent mosaics were just a delight to look at!   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

rooker1

Congratulations marsh on a very well deserved move to the OSITM.
I'm sure we are going to have a very fun month with you here.  I can't wait for the eye candy!

Congrats from myself and The SC4D Staff!! :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

io_bg

Congrats on the OSITM award and fantastic last update! Love the water reflections! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

marsh

;D ;D Thank you all readers! for helping me get to the OSITM!  ;D ;D

First of all... theres too many comments for individual replies. (I guess I should write them during the teasers as well....  %wrd) But thank you all!  ;D

I do want to reply to something though;

This is a completely new area of the city. I will show exactly were next update.

I'm sorry for the lack of an update this weekend. I promise I will have one next week. However I do have 2 neat things I've worked on.

First is firework pic for the grand opening of the Quay! (blatant name rip off of Dubai's marina... I may change it)

And next, I made a pretty sweet animation While I was bored today.  :)

This is just a thumbnail. The actual image is 9.7mb....  :-[ Click the link to see it.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5518/fireworksanimation.gif

cubby420

You're really something else Marsh  &apls

Every time I think you've reached your peak, you bust something like this gif image out. Simply awesome.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot, congrats on the award. I'm sure you'll make great use of the time.

Shilka

Congrats marsh! You've been showing more and more amazing stuff, and I've been constantly amazed by the continuous improvement in both quality and quantity of your work. I'm very impressed, and you definately deserved the OSITM credit!

ecoba

Firstly, congratulations on OSITM; you very much deserved it ! ;)

Secondly, the night mosaics are really amazing ! The firework effects are certainly very cool looking and it is also a very well crafted area. :)

Ethan