• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms - The End; A New Revolution

Started by marsh, May 12, 2010, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

This is one the best beaches I have seen in SC4.  &apls

And: 100th reply!  &dance
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

canyonjumper

Congrats on Best Sellers marsh! Gansbaai definitely deserves to be moving up the MD ladder ;D Great update! The detailing is excellent!

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

io_bg

Wow, fantastic work on the last update. Congrats on moving to the Best Sellers section, too! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tooheys

Hi Marsh

On behalf of The Staff, congratulations on the move to Best Sellers  &apls

We hope to see a lot more of this great MD you have going here  :thumbsup:

Dave (tooheys)
Global Moderator

kwakelaar

It is looking like the most fantastic city to live in with those beautiful beaches on both sides. I really like the combination of textures you are using, seems perfect for this part of the world.

marsh

Quote from: cubby420 on August 25, 2010, 10:12:44 PM
Wow, great update Marsh! Stunning mosaic at the end there. Very unique overall.

Thank you very much cubby. :)

Quote from: rooker1 on August 26, 2010, 07:17:05 AM
Those pictures were just fantastic.  I loved the over all feel of low wealth and the mid wealth trying to come to life here and there.
Great work. &apls
Robin  :thumbsup:

Thank you rooker. Im glad I am getting that feeling. Its kindof what I am aiming for :)

Quote from: tooheys on August 27, 2010, 05:08:15 AM
That's a fine recovery marsh, it's great to see the "Kingdoms" on the move again.
Great pics as usual highlighting an attractive combination of lots.  :thumbsup:

Dave

Thank you very much dave :) I try and highlight as much as I can, but its usualy hard to squeez it all into one update. Which is why this is a multi-parter!

Quote from: RickD on August 27, 2010, 06:52:17 AM
This is one the best beaches I have seen in SC4.  &apls

And: 100th reply!  &dance

Thanky you Rick. :) And congrats on 100th reply! I want to do somthing special, but I dont know what, so Im just giving you 1 "IOU".  :P

Quote from: canyonjumper on August 27, 2010, 11:28:47 AM
Congrats on Best Sellers marsh! Gansbaai definitely deserves to be moving up the MD ladder ;D Great update! The detailing is excellent!

Your friend,

Thank you CJ! :)

Quote from: io_bg on August 27, 2010, 11:34:48 AM
Wow, fantastic work on the last update. Congrats on moving to the Best Sellers section, too! :thumbsup:

Thanks alot io_bg! :)

Quote from: tooheys on August 27, 2010, 07:47:21 PM
Hi Marsh

On behalf of The Staff, congratulations on the move to Best Sellers  &apls

We hope to see a lot more of this great MD you have going here  :thumbsup:

Dave (tooheys)
Global Moderator

Thank you tooheys. This is a great honor! &dance

Quote from: kwakelaar on August 28, 2010, 01:38:47 AM
It is looking like the most fantastic city to live in with those beautiful beaches on both sides. I really like the combination of textures you are using, seems perfect for this part of the world.
Thankyou very much :) Im trying the best I can to search for BAT's that fit in with my city. Mostly frogface's buildings. :P

Welcome to part 2, and also this MD's first entry as a Best Seller! If your wondering howmany parts this will be... I dont know. I am trying to showcase all of the main city tile of the city, and theres alot. there will definitly be a 3rd part, but i want to try not to make it into 4. So... enjoy  :)

As you can se Ive got some more built.     ;D

On the western side of central Nouadhibou, there is a small section known as "Little Europe". It is named for the large amount of European immigrants, who have moved to the shores of Nouadhibou in the past 5-10 years. A change in architecture is previlent along the main road through the area, and also around "Triangle Park". The area lies just south of the Lahqa Mosque, which is some of the europeans actual religion.

The Pofedder Pilliar Is an ancient Historical Landmark of the city. Its been standing for over 2,000 years, but people are worried, as it may soon be consumed by the sea.
     Every year erosion tears away at the coastline, and the strip of sand seperating it from the pillar, grows narower. This historical structure, may not survive, even as long as 5 years.

Near the beach some condo's are for sale. These are some of the newest buildings in the city and have amazing ocean front veiws. Prices start at 250,000 amarican dollars for a 1st floor one bedroom. There is some other housing along the beach, but they are bland and crowded.

More twords the eastern portion of the peninsula, there is a small busness district. The Silom Palace Hotel is the "main building" of the area, but many people call it home, as well as work.

This concludes part 2!

:ninja:

canyonjumper

Amazing marsh! Your beach scenes are by far my favourite part of your updates!

Your friend,
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Battlecat

Congratulations on your move to Best Sellers!  Love the overview shot in the last update.  The city on the peninsula is turning out amazing.  Your beaches are fantastic!

rooker1

Congrats on your very well deserved move to The Best Sellers Section!! &apls

I think you should enter on of those ship wrecked pictures into the SC4D Picture Competition.....I'm positive you would do very well.

Loved this update.
Call me Robin, please.

cubby420

Congratulations Marsh! Your last update fills me with a jealous rage at how good you are at this game. Seriously, stop making everyone look bad.  $%Grinno$%

Great pics! I just looked through them again to single out which ones I wanted to comment on, and as I tried to count down I lost track of which ones I felt were your best. So, your update has rendered me without thought...other than...wow...

Quote from: rooker1 on September 01, 2010, 07:13:57 AM
I think you should enter on of those ship wrecked pictures into the SC4D Picture Competition.....I'm positive you would do very well.

I couldn't agree more. Though maybe you should wait a while marsh...you know...a while...  ::)

marsh

Quote from: canyonjumper on August 30, 2010, 08:33:44 AM
Amazing marsh! Your beach scenes are by far my favourite part of your updates!

Your friend,

Thank you :)

Quote from: Battlecat on August 30, 2010, 09:05:25 AM
Congratulations on your move to Best Sellers!  Love the overview shot in the last update.  The city on the peninsula is turning out amazing.  Your beaches are fantastic!

Thanks! Youll like this overveiw better ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on September 01, 2010, 07:13:57 AM
Congrats on your very well deserved move to The Best Sellers Section!! &apls

Loved this update.

Thank you! I did!... but didnt do well.  &mmm  Oh well. You have to lose somtimes in life. And by sometimes I mean almost all the time  &sly

Anyway... Thanks for your support :)

Quote from: cubby420 on September 02, 2010, 04:29:03 PM
Congratulations Marsh! Your last update fills me with a jealous rage at how good you are at this game. Seriously, stop making everyone look bad.  $%Grinno$%

Great pics! I just looked through them again to single out which ones I wanted to comment on, and as I tried to count down I lost track of which ones I felt were your best. So, your update has rendered me without thought...other than...wow...

I couldn't agree more. Though maybe you should wait a while marsh...you know...a while...  ::)

Lol, I should have waited a while.  ::)  And thank you for youe kind words.  ;D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today... just an overview. I want to show you all the region :)

This is NOT the whole region. I've blacked out areas because they await to be rendered... and I didnt want to show bright green terrain.  %wrd
Dont worry, youl see it eventualy ;)

anyway......
enjoy!

(Click for full size!)

cubby420

Great stuff marsh. What map do you use? Looks like it has all kinds of cool possibilities for coastal communities.

marsh

marsh

The Nouadhibou Transit Authority (NTA) has worked in agrement with the Eurasian Multinational Group (EMG) To creat a mass transit system in Nouadhibou. The only current form of it is an old rail track up the coast, which is berly used today.

The old Noudhibou Link Station, was torn down. Its central location is making roads in the area too conjested. The rail line will be moved to a different location, to be built at a later date. Many people protested the destruction of the historical station, but it was ultimitly decided that it would be dismantled and re-built in a new location. 

Old Station

New Station

The new Station is for the newly constructed/under construction El-Rail/Subway System. Nouadhibou officials are trying to introduce Mass-Transit to the city. A private company financed the construction of the station, if they could build a mini-mall adjacent to the station. I goes upwardz more than anything else, contaning over 1,000 stores up 9 stories. Included is a Field atop the roof.

Going North the El crosses a major avenue.

Muion Station Was built inbetween Central Station And North City (Which you will see soon). It used to be an abandoned rail stop, but now is replaced by the El-Rail. Some shops were also built on the exess land.

South of Central Station, the rail line that goes there has been abandoned for many years.
Almost the entire length of the rail, the El was built right over it to preserve money. A Subway is being planned for many other areas of the city, but in this case, an Elevated Rail would be signifintly cheaper.

Were the main avenue used-to cross the abandoned rail, the avenue was ran on the ground and then the El was ran to the Wasbi Dstrict Station. A "poorer" area of the city, where a small powerplant was also built. Oficials were stumped on wether to run a spur here, but because of the powerplant, it was decided to be built.

ecoba

Wow ! You've certainly put out some great work here in the past few days, my friend !

The update on the rail line was certainly fabulous, although I'm sad to see that the historical station had to go. But the rest of the rail line, and the whole city for a matter of fact, is just beautiful ! Great work !

Ethan :)

Battlecat

You're right, I do like that overview.  Looks like a fun section of coastline to work with.

I like the rail network in your last update as well!

cubby420

The new station certainly is huge! Gotta love the cold, unsympathetic movements of "progress". Great update.

rooker1

This city of yours is truly impressive in the way it looks and feels.  I really get a real life feeling while looking at these pics.  &apls
You keep entering the SC4D Picture Competition and you'll start to win! ;) especially if the pics are this good.

Call me Robin, please.

kelis

Great job and Great city my friend ! I like the images and the region view

&apls &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

penguin007

Wow this MD has blown me away!!! Brings back the memories of suplado's work!! I love your contrast of middle eastern, colonial and modern architecture

Will