• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 31!

The night shot is looking beautiful!
Nice work on the redevelopment.

Framly

Congrats on OSITM!

I really like your construction sites! &apls

Weiter so :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

benedict

Congratulations, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

solsystem

Congratulations for OSITM!

It's alway a big fun to visit Santa Barbara County.

art128

Nice redevelopment there, Raphael! The new building is much better than the old ones, and fits perfectly the surroundings.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Battlecat

Nice redevelopment shots!  Your city is growing quickly! 

RickD

I recently re-discovered the "Osturland Executive Offices" Building in my plugins and wanted to have it my city.

I chose the spot where the flat buidlings are standing now next to the freeway ramp. Those grow like weeds and I have the same setup on the other side of town. So I decided those have to go.

Construction.

The new buidling.

I think it looks great there.

And the usual night shot. ;)

The last remaining gas station in the CBD on the corner block of S4 Avenue and W7 Steet is about to vanish. Land value is just too high.

See, it's gone already.

I might have gone overboard with the number of "after"-pics but I just love those Bats and their nightlighting.

Badsim, Dantes, peter007, noahclem, bat, Framly, benedict, solsystem, art128, 976, Battlecat:
Thank you!  :)

Quote from: apeguy on January 09, 2012, 11:31:18 AM
More redevelopment I see. To be honest I think it looked better before, the buildings fitted in with their surroundings better than the new office building, but that never stops developers in real life, so this is still an excellent update for realism. Looking forward to more. ;D ;D
As in real life, you can not make it right for everyone. And I am trying to get rid of some repetition. There are a lot of those buildings in the area.

Quote from: Gringamuyloca on January 10, 2012, 11:56:53 AM
&ops
The how and why I have not commented here before escapes me, considering I always look forward to seeing a new post in your fantastic MD and have since your first post! :o  ???
Don't worry. I am glad that you chose to leave a comment now. ;)
There are many facets to enjoy about your MD, though I admit to being partial to your networks and 'long' shots. I like the way you have taken your readers on this evolving journey through 'content' and time.
Yeah, I'm not that good at micro-detailing everything. I am most interested in getting the "big picture" right.

Quote from: emmotic on January 10, 2012, 05:36:52 PM
Although i prefer a bit longer updates, i have to say its nice to have something new from Santa Barbara so fast   ;)
Since I wasn't able to maintain the higher updating frequency due to real life, you now get a longer update.  ;D

That's it for today. And don't worry, this is the last re-development update.  ::)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

I love those bats and nightlighting too!  &apls  I don't get to use them too often because they don't fit the best with my city's style but it's nice to be able to enjoy them here  ;D Keep up the great work!

rooker1

I really like how you did the RHW in pic 48.12.  I'm going to have to give that piece a try. ;)
Great work all round and very nice night pics.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

threestooges

Love the renovations. The area's really building up. Though I do wonder where everyone will find their gas now that the stations are disappearing. I'd hate to have a fuel light come on during rush hour, though I'm sure many have had that experience before in real life. The density of downtown is realistic and seems to neatly walk the edge of dense, but not choked out. Nice work.
-Matt

nbvc

Great work how you replace the old buildings with the construction scenes. &apls

kelis

Great job my friend, I love your city, looks good with a great american style, the buildings selection is also great !

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Battlecat

Another excellent update.  I really like the diversity in your highway designs. 

Dantes

I really like your pictures from the city highway.  :thumbsup: Your building has a great blend of style suits the city and has a special charm.  :satisfied: Fantastic work again  :thumbsup:

io_bg

A great update indeed! The sunken highway looks really cool :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bat

Wonderful shots of the highway! Also nice night shots, too... ;)

AcoG000

my first comment here.
I'm very impressed with what you've done so far. (me has been looking at quite a few previous updates :P)
Visit cheeseSC4! A very good (slightly small) site!

RickD

The OSITM is coming to an end and this also marks the end of this MD. I made this decision a while ago and I think the OSITM is an adequate ending.

I am closing my MD with a laughing and a crying eye. I had a great time here with all of you. I like how the region turned out but I am not very happy with the narrative style of my MD. I kinda ran into a dead end.

I felt the urge to start something new for quite a while. Now that I have more experience in MDing, I am up to a new challenge and will hopefully start something even better. In fact, I have started playing another region several months ago.

Thank you all for your great support. I enjoyed reading every single comment. You are awesome!

Be sure to watch out for my new MD "Empire Bay", coming soon to a Recently Published Section near you. See you there. :)

And now some final aerial shots from all over the region:

I think I have not shown the yacht harbor and the ocean promenade before.

Click  the links for the bonus pics:

This would have been the city of Goleta if I had finished it.

An unfinished suburb of Goleta. The empty area on the coast would have become the university.

The last region view (click for full size, 3MB):

The End.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

marsh

That region view is absolutely stunning. Even though this is you last update (?) It's awesome to see some of these never-before-seen areas. Like the rural country across the mountain range.

I'm sure this next cj will be great. I'm very interested in seeing how you plan on making it. I've been a follower of Santa Babara for quite some time. Empire city will certainly be a great new start.

,marsh