• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Extra Cheats Plugin

Started by triforceseek, February 16, 2010, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforceseek

I'm having troubles with the extra cheats plugin, i don't know what i'm doing wrong, i downloaded it in first documents, went ingame did [ ctrl ] + X and right clicked the bar, didn't get anything &mmm, then i downloaded it to the OS(C:) Maxis, sim city deluxe, plugins folder and did the same procedure, still didn't work. I have Windows Vista, not that old, maybe a couple month. I just need a little help  ()sad()

SC4BOY

I expect you did not install it properly. It cannot be just "plopped into the plugins folder" and work properly. You must follow the steps for proper installation. The download links to a support thread for this topic. Whether it expands on the documents or not, I'm not sure.

catty

I have the unzipped "SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll" sitting in "My Documents"\SimCity 4\Plugins folder and it works perfectly in there, I don't have Vista still use Windows XP so it might be a different setup or location in Vista

:)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

joelyboy911

I have my SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll in C:/Program Files/Maxis/SimCity 4 Deluxe/Plugins.

It works fine for me, and that is on Vista.

Best of luck!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

SC4BOY

My apologies.. That was not the way I installed it, but if others find it works, far be it from me.. :) Good luck!

Rady

I discovered that this plugin won't work (or will show the behaviour described by triforceseek) if installed in a subfolder of the plugin directory. You need to have it directly in your plugins folder.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

triforceseek

i see what i did, i fixed it, i put it into a sub folder, thanks anyways ;)