• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Park & Ride stations

Started by jcmpaz, January 28, 2010, 03:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcmpaz

I would like to make a custom train  station with the properties like the "park and ride" that your urban and surban stations have (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=171). I appreciate if anyone can help me.

EDIT by Andreas: Fixed link.

cogeo

"Park and Ride" is a SC4 feature, and is enabed for any transit station offering parking facilities. Almost all train stations (incl the ingame one) do offer parking, and therefore are "Park and Ride".  You can see this at a the residential end of the commute trip: sims use their cars to get to the station, and then take the train to get to their workplaces.

GLR, El, subway and monorail stations usually are not park-and-ride, but you can achieve such functionality by placing the station next to a station that does offer parking (eg a subway station next to a rail station, though in this case sims will park at the rail station's parking, incresing its usage) or plop a parking lot next to the station.

If these are not enough to you and you wish to make your owm custom park-and-ride stations, take a look at my GLR Stations and Hubs pack, Suburban GLR Stations, or GHSR Stations and Hubs, all these are park-and-ride.