• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is there an easier way to change instances?

Started by sithlrd98, September 28, 2008, 04:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Just like it implies , is there an easier way to change FSH instances as a batch instead of manually copy/pasting the instance? I've already tried to Ctrl+click method . I'm just hoping not to have to indidually change 300+instances times 3 again for my next sidewalk mods (a very boring and numbing experience!)

Jayson

Swamper77

In the main toolbar of the Reader, there should be a menu labeled Tools. In that menu, you'll find a tool called TGI Editor. For the digits that you do not want changed, leave the # signs in place. Edit the characters that you want changed. Each character is one digit of the 8-digit hex ID. The hex characters A-F have to be entered while holding either the Shift key or having CAPS LOCK on. Example:

To change C2350005 to C235000A, make the Instance field read ######A, select the file with ID C2350005 and click Apply.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Lowkee33

Sorry for digging... My topic exactly

I am having trouble changing S3D Instances.  The Instances appear to change the way I want, so I re-index, rebuild, save and quit.  The next time I open Reader all of the SC3D will be back to their original Instances.

Thanks

vortext

no expert on this, but I suspect the instance of sd3 files can't be changed, since they are always the same for every model. If you want a copy of a model to exist beside the original, change the last number of the group instead. Usually i go one up or down and this seems to work. Don't forget to change the tgi in the exampler and generate a new instance as well.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Lowkee33

I can change them one at a time, but when I use the TGI editor that Swamper77 mentioned I can't.  There is basically a whole bunch of "2"s that need to be "0"s in both FSH and S3D format.  I changed both the FSH and S3D at the same time using the TGI editor.  The FSHs change, and the S3D appear to change, but when I re-index, re-build, save, quit, and then reopen the file, all of the S3Ds have converted back to their originals.

I would change the group in a heartbeat, but my goal requires the instances to be in a certain order.