• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Toll booth plopping behaviour

Started by xannepan, August 14, 2013, 01:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xannepan

Has anyone ever looked into the special plopping behaviour of toll booths? They seem to be TE lots, yet when plopping they auto detect if the underlying network is a road or avenue. I am just curious if it is known already what causes this behaviour and if it can be beneficial somehow perhaps in solving the puzzle piece TE lot bug...

memo

I have looked into that several times, without luck though. I could not replicate the behaviour with any other TE lots, and assume it is hard-coded. There would definitely be use for this, for example regarding RTMT. I am just as curious if anyone knows more about this.

catty

The RTMT team spent some time a few years ago trying to come up with a way of using the toll booths as it would have cut down considerably the number of stations that needed to be in the menus, in the end we decided it had to be as memo suggested hard-coded in the game.

If anyone came up with a way we could use the toll booths we'd be    &dance

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.