• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smf_16

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose the following bugs are all well known, but I have a side question: when will - approximately - NAM 31.1 be released? Because if it is a matter of days, I can wait, but if it's a matter of months, I need to redesign this interchange, so that it'd function properly.

Tarkus

I can't give an exact date, but I'd say we're "imminent".  The circled bug you have on the RHW-4 curve (upper right) shouldn't break the pathing--it's just a bit disconcerting.

I should add, if anyone who is experiencing CTDs with NAM 31 would like to give the current controller build (r177) a go, to ensure we've addressed the issue, drop me a PM.

-Alex

smf_16

Allright, thanks, I'll just wait a little bit then. :)

As for the CTD's, I didn't experience any CTD's with NAM 31, so I can't help you with that.

vinlabsc3k

There's a bug with Long Avenue Height Transition, the inner lane are inverted and have ped paths on the "traffic island".

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

k808j

I noticed in my game the pedmall tiles are missing. So I looked in my plugins and they aren't there.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

z

In your top-level NAM directory, you should have a file called "NetworkAddonMod_PedMalls.dat".  If you don't, you most likely unchecked this option during installation.  Rerun the installer with the Custom Installation option and make sure the Ped Malls option is checked under the NAM Networks branch.

k808j

Thanks Z, I went back and did custom install for the NAM and noticed it and other goodies. Good to see you still around. (We are still going to assimilate you though  ;D )

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

michi_cc

There's a slight problem when dragging a RD-6 over a RD-4. The side that is dragged last gets the tiles for a RD6-RD6 intersection. Clicking on both tiles with the road tools changes the tiles to the right ones. Only happens for RD-6 over RD-4, but not for RD-4 over RD-6.

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on April 08, 2013, 11:28:18 AM
I can't give an exact date, but I'd say we're "imminent".  The circled bug you have on the RHW-4 curve (upper right) shouldn't break the pathing--it's just a bit disconcerting.

I should add, if anyone who is experiencing CTDs with NAM 31 would like to give the current controller build (r177) a go, to ensure we've addressed the issue, drop me a PM.

-Alex

I would love to, but I don't know how to drop you a PM.

Rayden

Quote from: roadgeek on April 12, 2013, 07:17:26 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on April 08, 2013, 11:28:18 AM

-Alex

I would love to, but I don't know how to drop you a PM.

See image attached. :thumbsup:

clemenclm2001

I don't know how can I solve this bug

I've tried a lot of things... I hope it can be solved.
Thank you

fefenc

This happens when you build some RHW on the hills ______/'''''''''''''''''''\________

MandelSoft

Some tips:
- Try to flatten out your slopes a bit, or make a smooth and more constant slope.
- Place a zone right next to the sloped part and then remove it again. This applies a wealth texture that covers up the hole (if I'm correct)

We are aware of this issue and this only happens to flat model-based networks (in this case, for example, the RHW-4 with overhangs) on diagonal slopes... The game seems to bend the models the wrong way...

Though, this gives me an idea: what if we use squares based upon four triangles instead of two? With two diagonals? Maybe that will solve this bug, who knows...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Indiana Joe

I think one of your teammates suggested that somewhere already...it's a good idea.  If it's possible.

Tarkus

It is possible, but it's going to take a bit of advanced S3D modding to manage.  It's listed as #103, and we have it marked as a DEFCON 4 (the higher the DEFCON rating, the less critical it is).  It won't be corrected for NAM 31.1 (which is, in every meaning of the word, "imminent"--we're in packaging now), but it's something we'll look into for whatever our release after NAM 31.1 ends up being.  Using a slope mod should also help mitigate the issue to a large extent.

-Alex