• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

Exactly how I imagine a large American city.  :) Great art, as many details as you have planned.  :satisfied:

The atmosphere is fantastic.  &apls &apls &apls

nbvc

Swordmaster

Simply excellent, Benoit!

Nonetheless, I agree with Matthijs about the cloud/lighting effect. At some point it becomes noticeably repetitive. Subtlety is required here.

Cheers
Willy

Ol.S / Benoit

rooker1 : Thank you Robin, it means a lot to me ! :)
noahclem : Thanks a lot !
sunv123 : Thanks ! :)
art128 : Thanks Arthur ! :)
RickD : Thanks Raphael !
mave94 : Thank you Matthijs. I do apply a simple filter on each picture, to add a spooky / foggy effect, I should turn it off sometimes, or change it but it takes time ! :)
Dantes : Thanks a lot ! :)
nbvc : Thanks you !
Neofita : Thanks a lot, and welcome on Med Inspirations ! I've seen some of your older work and it inspires me, great creations ! :)
Swordmaster : "Subtlety is required here." You are so cruel Willy ! But it is true, I like to do it fast, very fast, so I apply the same filter on each picture, I guess I deserve that statement ! I should turn it off sometimes, which is quite simple ^^ or apply a different one. Thanks you !

With the filter.

Without the filter, next update will be without the filter, or different ones.

++ :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Swordmaster

Sorry, didn't mean to be cruel :)

But any time I'm critical of someone, I am because I genuinely admire their work and think it would be even better with some changes. Your pictures are so great you really don't need any effects, to be honest. The above clearly illustrates that :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

Huston_N7

Either way is amazing still, and I'm always looking to your MD for inspiration. So jealous of your SC4 skills  :D
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Kergelen

I like your unique style. Love the lotting and the life that the city has &apls

I specially like picture 8.

Links to SC4 websites

Badsim

Hi Benoit  ,

It may have come to my mind to regret to see you not explore a little deeper rural and mediterranean style , but , when it's so brilliant ... you're forgiven !  $%Grinno$%

I didn't play with urban environments for years , so I keep on having curiosity for that kind of work and nowhere else than here , I can have measured so suddenly all the SC4 community progresses ... individual progresses , I mean , here fully  revealed by your talent .

Gorgeous !

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

samerton

The detailing of your pictures are superb, incredible work! &apls

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

Again, thanks a lot for the comments ! :)
Swordmaster : No problem Willy, thx for your comment :)
Republic : Thx ! Jealous ?! I am jealous of your skills ! :)
Kergelen : thx a lot :)
Badsim : Thx a lot Cedric, and i'm back here with some rural scenes :)
samerton : Thank you Sam !

#50 - Kinbasket Lake - March 30

D'ont have much time to play but here is something I did today : Kinbasket Lake !
Hope you like it, next stop ? An old Coal Mine close to the lake. :)

Benoit.

Shroud

nbvc

noahclem

Beautiful pictures once again  &apls   The water, shoreline, etc appears perfect. Btw, what are you using here for water?

Since the subject of image manipulation was brought up earlier I'd like to make a comment on it. I really enjoy the changes you make to your images and hope you continue. Of course your pictures are beautiful on their own and "don't need it" but I think the image manipulation you do is an important part of the character of Med Inspirations and looks simply fantastic  :thumbsup:

RickD

Best Sim City lake ever! I love how you detailed the shoreline.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ol.S / Benoit

Thanks for the comments ! :)

noahclem : Thanks, I will continue as I feel that the image manipulation add something to the pictures, just my point of view ! I just use Peg's water, Peg PPond Kit http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=432 . Fast and easy to use for that kine of big area, and climate. Also, as the render is good but not the best, I edit the water with photoshop.

No edit :

With edit, here is the trick I use :
- "Select" -> "Color Range" on water (Between 12 and 16 to make sure all the water pixels are not selected, better and random rendering)
- "Filter" -> "Distort" -> "Glass" or "Ocean Ripple" (Object reflection on the edges)
- "Filter" -> "Artistic" -> "Plastic Wrap" (Smoothness 2 / Detail 14 for that kine of zoom)

Benoit.

noahclem

Wow Benoit, I would never have guessed that was regular PPond water before I saw this little tut! Great work and thank you  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Beautiful lake and campsite. I like the shoreline rocks.  :)
PS add quality to your pictures, but anyway the scenes are nice without it

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

Thanks for the comments :)

#51 - Kinbasket Old Mine - April 08

Lets continue our trip to the old mine, still on Kinbasket Lake ! :)
I'll post two updates for this.

2 - The main buildings of the old coal mine were converted into a refuge for tourists and hikers. It gives the illusion that the mine is still used.

3 - For that matter, docks were established a few years ago.

5 - The railway is still used by a small train that makes the junction once a week.

8 - You can also join the old mine with a seaplane, sure not the cheapest way to do so !

Benoit.

noahclem

Beautiful lake area  &apls  The rail looks great, including the new bridge, and the lakeshores are very well done. Cool idea converting the old mine to a place for tourists and hikers  :thumbsup: