• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Framly

Great work as always! The City looks very realistic and the choice of BATs is very good :)

Fantastic work with the Tram! You avoided the Maxis-white Tram, bravo!

Keep up your amazing work! Good luck for the HoF :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

wallasey

Daventry looks phenomenal! The development is just right, nothing has been over built, you have done well to balance the buildings and land uses.

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

nbvc : Thanks !
bat : Thank you ! :)
sunv123 : Thank you Mr.Sunshine ! ^^
Swordmaster : Well, thanks a lot Willy ! But I feel that I can do better, is SC4 can be mastered ? Not so sure ! :)
Gugu3 : Thank you sir !
rambuckel : Thanks a lot ! Spooky atmosphere on n°16, you are right. :)
RickD : Thanks a lot ! :) From RTMT team, probably in this pack but not 100% sure. http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22713-rtmt-add-on-pack-v360/
art128 : Thanks Arthur ! :) Maybe an Hotel ? Not sure either, we'll never know ^^
namspopof : Thank you ! :)
noahclem : Thanks ! :) I'll think about that.
Framly : Thank you ! As long as I can avoid Maxis base texture I'm happy, but this is not that easy with the tram yeah, mostly with the stations. ;D I didn't know about the HoF election, thanks for the reminder ! :)
wallasey : Thanks a lot ! :)

#Update 46 - Coos Bay - Presentation - November 08

Here we are, this is the presentation of my new project ! :)
It's been quite some times now that I work on random tiles, and you don't want to know how my region looks like, from Chiesa Nuova, to Daventry Town, including Amazraou, French Riviera, urban and rural scenes, Oglio river etc... Yes, this is a big mess ! :)
I miss working on a region, with a global layout, region views etc... So the project is quite simple, to make a nice region !
You know me, this is not gonna be mass zoning. I want a detailed and functional region !
About the style, It's gonna be close from what you saw in Daventry Town. Some Euro-American mix.

I'll work on Coos Bay from Izidor, and I'll keep the name cause I love it. That being said, I'm not gonna reprduce at all the real Coos Bay in Oregon ! :)
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27832-coos-bay-oregon/
I'll use Lowkee's terrain mod and Gobias new beaches.

1 - SC4 Terraformer render of the region.

2 - Here is the map, the way I want to work on the region, with the limits of SC4 in mind. Of curse I'm just starting so this is gonna evolve. Feel free to give me advices about that !

3 - Here is a teaser ! Yes I started with the CBD, just to work on the layout, terraforming, marina and some plopped buildings. I'll now work on the surroundings to make sure I have a big demand when I'll be back to work on the CBD.

Hope you'll like it !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

nas-t

looks very promising  :thumbsup:

I'm very curios about the airport! and everything else  :D :D

art128

Now that's some heavy and great planning, Benoit!

Wonderful first picture. I can see this is going to be a nice CBD!

I actually have a little suggestion concerning the highway path at the north. I think it would be more realistic and better to make it goes through the airport. Like at the south would be the terminal and then a tunnel that span all the way to the north of the airport. What do you think?

-Arthur. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Exciting new project Benoit!

It sounds like our playing styles are fairly similar--detailed but functional cities, working with the game's demand, and incorporating a mix or Euro and American styles. Yours is certainly an MD I enjoy and draw inspiration from.

The first CBD picture is truly beautiful. I look forward to seeing how this develops!

Ol.S / Benoit

nas-t : Thanks ! Well, the airport is not for now, to be honest I don't even have one plugin related to the airport as I never made one... :) But this is part of the plan ! And I'll try to make a nice one.

art128 : Thanks Arthur. I have to keep in mind that I can't make diag tunnels. ^^ But sure, this is good idea, to be honest I already knew that I might not stick to the plan for this area, so it helps me ! :) Could look like that, West-East tunnel, or could big a long North-South tunnel as you said, not sure yet. I like the idea of having the highway next to the runways.

noahclem : Thanks, it means a lot ! You are also an inspiration. :)
Benoit.

Swordmaster

Great to see you take on a region, Benoit! Regional play has always had my preference, and it should be very interesting to see how you take it on. If the plan and first picture are the standard, this'll be as good as anything you've made!

Cheers
Willy

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

weixc812

Nice planning  :thumbsup:
It seems that we'll see a bunch of modern pics soon?
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sunv123

That looks like a wonderful place to put a CBD, right at the tip of a a little peninsula.

Really want to see what the suburbs look like. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

vortext

Nice planning, curious to see how it'll turn out though if the teaser pic is any indication I'm guessing pretty spectacular.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

bat

Wonderful teaser and nice region there. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more of it. ;)

Ol.S / Benoit

Replies

Swordmaster : Thank you Willy ! :)
RickD : Thanks ! I'll probably work on a railway to the south yes :)
weixc812 : Thank you :) I'm still working on the CBD, but coming soon !
Schulmanator : Thanks ! :)
sunv123 : Thanks, I thaught it was a good spot for the CBD yes :)
vortext : Thank you, I hope it will be !  ;D
bat : Thanks ! :)

#Update 47 - Coos Bay - Awakening - November 15

Work is still in progress.
Just a few pictures today, the first shots from Coos Bay :)
As I try to work on the details and various networks, it takes quite some time !
I'll be back soon with more pictures :)

Benoit.

art128

interesting pictures of the bridges and the Downtown, Benoit.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Wow, Benoit. I love those bridges. Good photoshopping, too. I can learn a lot from you in that regard. (Well, in most regards, actually :))

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Awesome start to this region  &apls   You really do an amazing job with your city centers and shorelines!

RickD

Looks great. I love bridges.  :)

Which water mod are you using? Is it even a mod or shopped?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)