• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Kromeritz.. [CLOSED]

Started by robercik, May 15, 2011, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robercik

.. an European style MD.

This is not my first attempt at making CJ\MD, but it's my first one on SC4Devotion. Two previous didn't last long as I got kinda fed up with them. Maybe this time I'll have more luck :D!

Without to much talking I present you the... Kromeritz !

Today just a sketchy introduction (can I say it like that? :) I thought that while making this MD I could also get some "english lessons" from you guys ;). So feel free to correct my spelling and other stuff.. :D )

Kromeritz borders Germany, the Czech Republic and Poland, as I intend to give it an "European feel"

The whole idea started with making a little paper planning:

And this is the resoult as for now:

I've merged two small city tiles in Photoshop:),
here's a link to a bigger version: http://imageshack.us/f/90/merged1and2tilesbig.jpg/

That's all for the beginig. Expect the first update soon as I'm already finishing it. I'll show you some close-ups

-Robert
- just playing this game.. the European style :)

kbieniu7

Cześć! Miło widzieć jakiś kolejny polski MD ;)
Nice to see another polish MD!
Your screen looks very nice, evertthing fits quite well! By the way it seems like some miniature train dummy  ;D
Where did you placed it?
Gdzie to umiejscowiłeś? Dolny Śląsk, Wielkopolska czy może od Czech? ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Reikhardt

That's a nice start there, best of luck with your MD!

Ol.S / Benoit

Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

FrankU

This is a promising thing!
A new country in this area has some real political implications... A historically sensitive area.

The look of the landscape is very natural: you can see that the farms are added later and that some parts of the forest have been kept in place. Especially in the middle part of the image where the road makes some turns through the trees.
Also the many farm fields without a house to it looks very natural. I guess you plopped them?
As last: a question. What is that enormous factory in the upper right corner?

Please continue!

Tomas Neto

Nice start and fantastic aerial view!!!  :thumbsup:

robercik

REPLAYS:
Reikhardt, Benoit, RickD, Tomas Neto - thanks guys!

kbieniu - Cześć, cześć! Miło dostać pierwszy komentarz od rodaka :D.
Hi, hi! Nice to get the first comment from the countryman. What do you mean by saying "miniature train"? As you can see on the map I've placed it bordering Poland, Germany and the Czech Republic.

FrankU - It's nice to receive such a comment. Yes, I've plopped the farm fields. The enormous factory in the upper right is actually a powerplant. After registrating you can download it here: http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=196
You can see it in this update.

Well... I've written that you can expect an update soon, but it took some time. Sorry for that - I had my exams, "matura" ( "A Levels" in Britain ) and as my holidays started i had no time for making an update - parties:D:D

Let's go on to the update..

I'll present you some closeups of the areal view posted before. I've managed to detail the river a little. Enjoy..

Thanks for visiting,

Robert

Jack Bauer

What a great start! &apls

Everything is perfect. The thing I really enjoyed is the curved bridge under construction.

peter007

The picture with the kano is perfect.
You made it very realistic

-Ernst

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Ol.S / Benoit

The construction site is amazing !  :o
One of the best i've seen so far !

I'll follow your MD for sure :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

Fantastic start on your MD here!
The river is looking awesome!!!
Great work on it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

nedalezz

This is awesome, as those before me have said!

Such an encouraging MD, Im really glad you chose to display your talents here.

Where can I find all those great BATs and construction sites that you are using?

robercik

REPLAYS:

Jack Bauer, peter007-Ernst, Terring7, Ol.S / Benoit, bat - Thanks a lot guys!

nedalezz - for some of the construction elements I advise you to just type "construction" in the BSC Lot Exchange's or Simtropolis Stex's searchbox.
I've downloaded this set: http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=51
If you want do download the set containing the "curved highway bridge" and pylons construction click this link : http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=52

You don't have to register there! :D

TEASER

Just a little preview of what I'm working on right now. It will be a small city and I'll try to make it as realistic as i can :D. You will see some of my LotEditor skills hopefully :)

- Robert

ricardomiranda

Incredible work you have here, congratulations!

noahclem

Beautiful work along that river in the last update! I look forward to seeing the new city.  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Wow..., awesome updates!!! Fantastic!!!  &apls &apls

Reikhardt

The river on your last update is beautifully made, excellent stuff!
Your use of some Polish lots gives a fresh feel, it makes your diary really stand out  &apls  &apls

Sciurus

Really nice start, I wait for more!! :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *