• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

avenue + intersection with road?

Started by ssc4k, September 22, 2007, 12:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssc4k

i think someone should make this so i dont have ot delte stuff bye making the avenue merge to road before the intersecton.what do oyu guys think?
(+part of the intersecton <<>> parts of avenue r road)
                      VV^^
                      VV^^
                      VV^^
<<<<<<<<<<++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>++>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>++>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        RR
                        RR
                        RR
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

simzebu

The only way I know of is to turn the avenues into one way roads, and make the intersection with the one ways. The road won't ever be centered, because of the grid. It'll have to be off to one side.

AA
      OO
AAOOOOAA
AAOOOOAA
        R
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

figui

very interesting. i would apreciate it
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Crissa

Why not split the road into an avenue before the imtersection?

-Crissa

Like this:

Of course, you usually want to have more room for the traffic to collect before the light, though.

Oddly enough, the RHW2 was able to go straight across the intersection and merge into the avenue...

nerdly_dood

I think that is exactly what he DOESN'T want to do
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

ssc4k

well nerdly dood was right that is what i dont want to do... by the way wont that mess up all of the paths and make your sims jump to work?

oh thegunkid thanks for getting a pic i didnt have the time. :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Crissa

No, none of the paths would be 'messed up' in the intersections I showed, since they don't use puzzle pieces.

But really, that's what they do in the 'real world' because offset intersections are a pain to make and a pain to police...

With the RHW I was also able to extend the one-way of the other lane across the intersection, making for a one-way and two-way intersection parallel.  Traffic would prefer to turn left onto the road it encountered first, though.

There isn't a tile of RHW2 merging into an avenue from an angle yet, but maybe eventually.  Once again, the paths here are correct.

-Crissa

ssc4k

well there are also a few thigns wong with taht intersection... why would i want it if i couldnt build on it?
oh and im talking about in the interseciton the road comes out of you have an extar tile the one im trying ot get  rid of good try though:P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Tropod

Quote from: TheGunkid on September 22, 2007, 01:23:51 PM

This type of intersection should already exist in the NAM, except the bottom section is a onewayroad (not a road). So I would imagine it should not be that difficult to make a road connection of this type.

EDIT: should have added; the real problem with this would be getting the Paths right, especially on the connecting avenue tile, in conjunction with the whole intersection. That's why this wasn't done initially when the onewayroad/avenue one was done.

jplumbley

WELCOME Tropod![/size]

It is great to see you have finally made the trip over here.  There has been quite a bit happening transit modding anyways, you may be surprised with all that has happened in the wake of your absence.  Many a new modders have joined the cause, but none will ever fill the shows of Tinker.

I hope you will make yourself at home again and look forward to seeing you around more!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

TheGunkid

Quote from: Tropod on September 30, 2007, 08:17:34 PM
except the bottom section is a onewayroad (not a road).
I use Euro road mod do to me liking Euro stuff...and my MD/CJ being based in Russia -_-

Palpatine001

Quote from: Tropod on September 30, 2007, 08:17:34 PM
This type of intersection should already exist in the NAM, except the bottom section is a onewayroad (not a road). So I would imagine it should not be that difficult to make a road connection of this type.

EDIT: should have added; the real problem with this would be getting the Paths right, especially on the connecting avenue tile, in conjunction with the whole intersection. That's why this wasn't done initially when the onewayroad/avenue one was done.

Tropod and others, that combination is possible as Tropod has shown in the pic
I have those intersections scattered around Solaria in the Core

Best way to do it is construct the T Avenue Intersection first, then start 5 tiles back and draw the road to the intersection - NAM should allow a connection - and some pretty mean traffic accidents  &Thk/(

TO save a double post

Ironic, I destroyed the last intersection like that in Rangitoto Town while upgrading Benson Road  &sly

In trying to recreate it - it seems to be eluding me something shocking, yes it will allow the one way road to connect but not the darn two way road  &Thk/(

I did get this which is normal in Solaria

Now I have a further discussion of this going on at Game Experiments at Simcities as a few of us tinker at it
But seems I can not link  :thumbsdown: errrr you'll have to head over there and hit the Game Machanics Button and hit where I typed NAM

I'll let you know how the tinkering goes
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

ssc4k

i was talking moer about avenue on 3 sides and road on one but it would be nice to have that to.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Palpatine001

That can already be done with the current version of NAM - just join the Ave to the cross road then add the 4th spur road to the top to get it

As for Ave, Ave, Ave Road intersection - am working on it  :'(
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

ssc4k

well unless you learn to modd or find some great miracle error your probably not going to find much more than i did, nothing :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Pat

ssc4k don't count palp out yet he has been known to throw in a grand schemer here and there from time to time

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Palpatine001

Am working on it in a limited capacity while university begins winding up for the year

So far not much luck, but will keep having a crack at it
Now Idle

ssc4k

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

j-dub

Below.