• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ZeroDivisionError how to solve?

Started by FireLancer, December 18, 2009, 10:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireLancer

Every time I try to start the program, I select a the Sim City 4 regions directory, and after which I get nothing, although the exe is always still running according to task manager...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2369, in OnClose
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 2372, in ShowMain
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 624, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 206, in __init__
  File "DlgCities.pyo", line 310, in RebuildConfig
ZeroDivisionError: float division

I found all sorts of problems people were having with directx, etc, however nothing on this...

Given that this is different from the other Vista-related issues with SC4T I found on the internet, im guessing Vista is not he problem here, so everything else that I can think of that may be related.

• Sim city 4 is installed to "C:\Games\SimCity 4 Deluxe\", rather than the default location. SC4 Terraformer is located in a "Terraformer" sub directory to that.
  • I have python 3.1 installed, and it is on the system path and the default program for .py, .pyo, etc files.

wouanagaine

the python interpreter is embedded in the exe file, so it won't use your version

Given the error location, I guess the config.bmp in the region you're trying to load is not properly formed ( either a bad .bmp, or it doesn't reflect cities layout )

To make sure it is that, try to load the Timbuktu region

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

mggabin

Now I see it. What was not apparent from the initial dialog box that you needed to select an active region, not just a folder.  Now that I have done that, timbuktu indeed loads.

I *think* I should be off to the races now.

I'm getting the same error as FireLancer (see my contemporaneous post on another thread), and would love to try what you suggest wouanagaine, but how would I go about trying to load the Timbuktu region if I can't get SC4T to finish loading?  Is there a command line option or something?