• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nexis Works

Started by mrbisonm, May 12, 2009, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

It has been quite awhile that I wanted to open this thread here on SC4D, and now since I am rarely posting at ST anymore and got implicated with the GRV II Project here on SC4D, I might as well move in and show what's to come with Nexis Bats and Lots and what I am regularily "cooking" on my computer.
I have more than a hundred projects in mind, some 30 already started.....lol....that I will show later. I got stuck with some (several) projects simply because my knowledge of BATting is still quite limited, and hopefully I will find enough help here to finish at least some of my projects, which some of them are already several years old.

But just introduce my BATting, I will start of with something I started about 6 months ago, around x-mas or so. Nexis Lots have been around since the beginning of SC4 (and even SC3K), ever since the LE came out and some Nexis BATs also have been available for some time now.

Here's the story of this new BAT, of course it is a "simmlish story", like most Nexis stuff.

««Sims have finally done it and surpassed humanity again with developping the first athmospherical molecule energy. Drawing energy out of the athmospere by splitting molecules into fraction and fusioning them back together with solarheat while filtering them through synthetic hydromandates, makes it one of the most reliable, stable, safe, environmental friendly and cheap energy possible. In other words, the best yet! It is still under construction, but plans are ready and everything will soon be constructed and ready to try. Of course this new energy will be experimental at first, but once finalized, it will be powering a medium sized city for little costs.»»

Here is a fraction of the complex. This will be the solar heater part............

Thanks for your interest ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

Wow, Fred!  The sky's reflection adds so much realism and detail to the BAT.  A variety is always desirable, and this new form of energy is quite innovative.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of the legend that is Nexis.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

ooooh Fred your CML sooo fits, In Fred We Trust!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Wow, thanks for mentioning it Pat, otherwise I would not have noticed. Never look at things like that anyways.
Now....have a question, what is a CML anyways? Is that Good?.....lol

Fred

Pat

Yes Fred it is very good indeed and it stands for Custom Member Label... they are assigned by the staff and given out by them to member who they believe deserve it... You can see a complete list here [linkie]

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Quote from: Pat on May 12, 2009, 08:21:32 PM
Yes Fred it is very good indeed and it stands for Custom Member Label... they are assigned by the staff and given out by them to member who they believe deserve it... You can see a complete list here [linkie]

Thanks Pat...this is soooo coool! Thanks to the stuff, I am honored.

Fred

mrbisonm

Here are some more project models that I have started without bringing you the whole of my gmaxfolder.

The Aircleaner model is supposed to become a series of underground facilities sucking down the air and filter it while releasing it further down. Sofar the "suckdown" part of the air-filtering system is done. Originally there were supposed to be three airintakes (1 done) and one outlet in form of a chimney looking like model.
Still three more models to make, get the nightlights done, ctreate the lot and tweak it so it cleans a lot of air in a polluted industrial city.

Beside and below it is my new Water-treatment plant which is about finished. It was supposed to become a modular set that you can plop with one main-building and several bassins, all depending on the size of the city you have. Now I am not sure if I should make it so and only create one simple lot that cleans the water. What do you think?

Without going through my whole collection of real-life north-american barns that I have fotographed in my nearby townships and re-created in 3d, here is one that I actually own myself and only use it for storing my old Mustang (car). Built in the 40's it has a unique wooden cedar silo. The textures are completely different though, mine looking more decayed and greyish. There are several other barn models that I am also almost done with included two modern ones and another round barn, which we have quite a few still standing in eastern Québec/Canada. They should become growables.

This is an older model that I have been working on for several years, bits by bits. It must be 4 years old by now and can even be found as my avatar on ST. In the beginning it was to become a modular set of a University, which I abandonned when I almost finished the first model realizong the time it would take to make a whole set of these. So now I am planning to make it a simple college and a different version (one third of the model) of it as Residentials. (R$$)

Another Energy producing plant, this time regular natural Gaz. Still a lot of work to be done on this one and it only has been quickly textured for the show. I still have to learn more about nightlighting, which I only started a short time ago, because I have no idea how to give this model some lights yet. Because the original Maxis one is too much polluting imo, this one will be less.

Some of you probably have already seen a good part of my "Logging set" in my CJ/MD *The Winding River Project". This is a very new model, the last one I worked on. It will be a modular set that you can create your own size. It will have all you need "Logging" props from A to Z included, such as loose logs, packed logs, floating logs and rafts, stranded logs, piled logs, others, and all the products deriving from logging. It will come in handy with some other props from different Creators to make complete logging scenes. I am working on this project now and hopefully it should be finished in a couple of weeks, so it can be tweaked and tested for general upload.
The textures of these buildings you see below are for my CJ/MD only, because it is the story of a new sawmill being built, but for the public upload it will have more "used" textures to give it a little better rundown look.

And last, not least, some more solar powered BATs. Not sure yet if I will release it in a single unit or create a bigger one. (how about a really big one.....lol)

So this is what I generally do with gmax without showing everything. Hopwe you'll like some of them. Let me know, I might finish and upload them. ;)

Have Fun with Nexis !

mrb

BarbarossaS

I love the water treatment plant and the solar power, those textures are so realistic. If you decide to upload those I'd be very happy  ;)

-Stijn-

just_a_guy

Wow I love how realistic your bats are. I especially like those solar panels, they might end up being a very important resource of our total energy someday!

I'll be looking foward for their release.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Pat

Fred OMG ashtounding work here wow!! I am sooo drooling!!!!

kimcar

&apls &apls wow excellent all these bats. They are veery original and i`m sure that you gonna have succes with those beauty.

SimNation

I look forward to all of these creations of yours.

mightygoose

i have been waiting for that college building for soooo long...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Thanks fo the comments. I guess I must finish them and then have them uploaded. There's one that I finished some time ago and I was going to keep it for my MD/CJ, but I guess I will make a growable lot out of it and send it to BarbyW for the professional tweaking and testing.
It is a part of the College/University BAT that I transformed into $$ Residentials.

Right now it is on a landmark, but I'll make a growable with it. It needs a 3x3 lot including the parking. I'm just wondering how many R$$ sims it should be able to host? Any ideas?

Fred

io_bg

Great bat! In my opinion the building could host about 150-200 sims
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

BarbyW

Send me the model, Fred, and I will make you a basic lot in SC4PIM which will have the correct number of residents.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Swamper77

My only criticism about the lot is that you should use prop families for the parked cars. That way there will be more variety each time the lot grows. Prop family A000003D contains car props that appear during the day and prop family A000000F contains car props that appear in the evening/night. Most of Maxis' residential lots use A000000F for their parking lots to represent the people being home after work.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Nexis4Jersey

I like alot , would fit nicely in my small towns  :thumbsup:

SimGoober

The texturing on some of these is excellent.  I like the idea of the water treatment plant; personally I would recommend one lot instead of the modular appraoch, but that's just my style.  I'd make my own lot out of it if you released a modular set...  ;)

The air purification lot I made was very, very popular. I would bet a water treatment lot of a similar fashion with these models would be very popular as well.
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

mrbisonm

Quote from: io_bg on May 14, 2009, 02:11:25 PM
Great bat! In my opinion the building could host about 150-200 sims

That's what I had in mind also, about 150. I guess BarbyW can figure that out better.

Quote from: BarbyW on May 14, 2009, 02:21:55 PM
Send me the model, Fred, and I will make you a basic lot in SC4PIM which will have the correct number of residents.

I'll do that, but I just remebered, I never use nightlights in my game so I never build it on my BATs. Better ggo back and do at least some windows lit etc, right? I will do it this weekend (rain they announced) and send you the model right after. Btw, can you get out the modelfile of a datfile? I have this Peg Bat but he always uses a datfile and his lot is not to my liking at all. If you can, can I send you the link?

Swamper77 , I know what you mean, but there's a big problem, I have no idea how propfamilies work, not even a bit idea of it. I guess I have to find a tut and then get to learn it first, but time is not my side this spring.

SimGoober, Thanks for the comment. Do you have a linkie to your air purification lot? I probably will release a modular set after I made a single water treatment lot. Good idea.

Thanks everyone for helping and encouraging.

Fred