• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help with adding "Landmark" descriptions

Started by longtimepcgamer, May 13, 2012, 01:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimepcgamer

I have several downloaded landmarks that display no info on the landmark menu...just a picture.  Most just say "plopable" or may have the name of the building with "enter info here" underneath.  I starting getting familiar with the ILive reader and was wondering if someone could give me some info on how to go about adding the info to these landmarks.  I'm only a semi-moron so I should be able to handle this with a bit of guidance unless you veteran modders tell me that its harder than I might think or more work than its worth.  I hate not knowing how many jobs a building has before I drag it into my city.

Tanks,
Kevin

Kergelen

You can easily do it with the LEProp. Is very useful to do it. ;)
Or with Reader adding LTEXT file or modifying it.

Links to SC4 websites

jmyers2043

Use the Xtool.

Find the building. In this case, the Schlotzky Lanes Landmark. Right click to add a new Item Description if there is none already. Or click the item description line item and type to your hearts desire. Don't forget to save.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

longtimepcgamer

Wow!!  Both of these suggestions work perfect for what I want to do....I've already added a bunch of info for many of the buildings.   Thanks so much to both of you for helping me out.   Now I'm even more addicted.   

Kevin