• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Terraformer to SC4 Problems...

Started by dragonshardz, August 03, 2007, 06:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Okay this is the gist of it: I loaded the CP Grand Canyon map into SC4 and the first time i went into a city it worked perfectly, terrain and all. But when I reloaded the city after getting some plugins, THE CITY WAS GONE!!!! all that was left was a flat piece of land. did i forget to do something?

Shadow Assassin

Did you save the city when exiting? If you didn't, there's your problem.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dragonshardz

yeah i figured it out after also learning to never, EVER hit the demolish city button until AFTER you have saved the city.

this topic can be locked/deleted now.

c0rnh0li0

I've got a problem. I recently got a new laptop after my old one crashed. Its preinstalled w/Vista. When I get an error, the message is blank. It doesn't say what the problem is when I try to load my custom region.

dragonshardz

ok scratch the lock request.

ok cornholio, what do you do when you try to load your custom region?

c0rnh0li0

Just following the directions. Open the program, it gives you a list of cities. I select the one I created & it gives me an error after loading a number of the cities. All of the cities in the region have been saved.

wouanagaine

Did you try to load any other region to see if it is a general bug or a specific one ? You may also try to downlaod SC4Mapper and see if your region loads correctly

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

c0rnh0li0

Quote from: wouanagaine on August 18, 2007, 12:40:11 AM
Did you try to load any other region to see if it is a general bug or a specific one ? You may also try to downlaod SC4Mapper and see if your region loads correctly

It'll load the regions that come w/the game. Only my custom one does it have a problem. The SC4Mapper I've never heard of. I need to see if I can find it & what it does.

dragonshardz

search wounagaine on the LEX. its a pared down version of SC4TF that just imports maps to SC4 and has no terraforming tools. i however had problems with it so i use SC4TF..

c0rnh0li0

It says it comes w/out the terraforming tools. I want to form my own landscape. Can I do that w/the SC4Mapper?

wouanagaine

no you can't do that with SC4Mapper, it was a suggestion you tried to open your region in SC4Mapper to see if the region loads correctly or if it was messed up

Any way the best thing to do when working with SC4TF is to only generate the region when you're finsihed with it. While crafting your region, you should only use the export/import function, it will take less time and less space.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

c0rnh0li0

So I shouldn't create the region first? I should just create a folder for it w/the custom configuration & then open the region w/the SCTF?

dragonshardz

apparently that's what the programming genius wounagaine is saying  :thumbsup:

c0rnh0li0

c0rnh0li0

c0rnh0li0

New problem. For some reason the window in which you shape your region will no longer pop up. The box w/the region image & the one where you adjust how strength, radius etc.

beskhu3epnm

Try deleting the config file in the SC4TF folder

C>Program Files>SC4Terraformer>  config.

This resets all window positions, and any saved settings, so it should revert back to the way it was...

Otherwise you may have a corrupted SC4M file, or a Sc4M file too large for your computer's RAM capacity.... Give it a shot and let us know!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

c0rnh0li0

c0rnh0li0

Quote from: c0rnh0li0 on September 19, 2007, 05:35:58 PM
config image or settings?
I removed the "settings" one & that got us back in buisness. Thanks for the help.

beskhu3epnm

HEY, just seen it... sorry I missed your earlier post...

Glad I could help!!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine