• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A headache with the RHW -- Highway crossing over the bay

Started by Pythias900KMB, December 30, 2015, 12:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations!!!  It is quite annoying how I have had to re-do those screen captures; still, I successfully pulled it off.  As you can see from the screen captures, I am at a loss for how to construct the bridges to cross that bay.  Perhaps if I had the Diagonal Bridge Enabler, I could solve this myself quite easily; still, searching for it has become akin to locating a needle in a haystack which is quite a perilous endeavor in its own right!

In any case, I need some counsel on how to redress this.  There are other things that I would like to get done today besides this.

APSMS

Here's a dumb question:

Have you tried to make a bridge with the RHW tool and see what happens? The MHW (Maxis Highway) tool can also make some RHW bridges. Try this and see what happens. The rest is going to be limited by your terrain.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

There are no bridges that'll support an L3 or L4 RHW-6S (or any other elevated RHW-6S, for that matter), and the DBE won't help you either, but there's also no reason for that mess of on-slope transitions there.  If you're needing the mainline 6S bridge to be height level, raise the ground up under the massively elevated portion and run it at ground level.

-Alex