• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

Really nice! I like how the towers stand with it's surrounding!

kelis

Hello My friends !!

• It's been sometime since last update, the truth is that I had some problems with my computer and I lost some of my projects, ( Lots, Bats, cities, regions, maps...) right now I have no desire to play simcity for this reason but I want to enjoy with all of you in this great community and continue to share my creations with you so I'll take a little break to install everything needed once again and then I'll come back with more desire  :)

~ I need your advices, I was wondering what I could do in the future, I mean What could be my new project...Maybe an American city? or perhaps a Soviet-style city? Better a recreation? I want your opinion and your advices  ;)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

MrMAvE94 -
Thank you my friend  :)

art128 - Be patient my friend, I'm working on my own page, the page is almost done and I think in a few days the tower will be ready and available. Saludos amigo.

RickD - The lights are part of the bat  :) Thanks for your kind comment Raphael  ;)

Kergelen - Thanks my spanish friend !! Glad you like the tower and the Japanese town. Saludos

clemenclm2001 - Thanks my friend !!

noahclem - Thank you noah, glad you like the my new tower  :)

Swesim - Arthur gave you the correct link ( Thanks Arthur ) Thanks my friend !

nbvc - Thanks for your comment my friend.

moonlinght - Hello friend, really good Japanese fonts are not installed, I made the letters with a tool in 3ds max one by one. Thank you for your kind comment, as always its a pleasure to me visit your fantastic blog, keep up the good work with it  :)

Schulmanator - Thanks my friend, glad you like it !!

vortext - Yeah, that page has some cool stuff, right ? Thanks my friend  ;)

Evillions8 - Hello mate, take a look at this page -> http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html Thanks for your kind comment my friend !!

976 - Thanks you again mate, glad you like it  :)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Hahei

This is lovely! Maybe you could do a New Zealand themed city? Or possibly Australian? &mmm

Nanami

too bad with what happened with your projects.... hope you'll back soon!

how about some southeast asian style? this style are rare and I want to see this style in other people MD!

art128

Quote from: kelis on August 22, 2012, 02:33:29 PMart128 - Be patient my friend, I'm working on my own page, the page is almost done and I think in a few days the tower will be ready and available. Saludos amigo

Hehe, don't worry Jonathan, I was joking around. ;)

Uhmm I'm sorry to hear that my friend. I hope your BATs were backed up. I can't imagine all the time you're going to spent making them again if not.

I'm going to say a Soviet styled. I want to see how you can handle that. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

I'm sorry to hear about your lost files ()sad()

I'm with Arthur that Soviet style could be a good option. Another type of region that I'd like to do someday and I'm sure you could do very well is the north of Spain (Asturias, Galicia) with its green landscapes and  irregular coastlines. Even if your style is more urban and less landscape, but as a Galician I'm sure you'll work out.

Quote from: kelis on August 22, 2012, 02:33:29 PM
Kergelen - Thanks my spanish friend !!

Well, I'm catalan although I'm living in the Spain state. ::)

Links to SC4 websites

nbvc

All cities lost? No more japanese style? ()sad()

Soviet style would be interesting or maybe Singapur.

noahclem

Sorry to hear about your loss  :'(

Soviet style sounds great but I'm sure whatever you pick will be fantastic  :thumbsup:

clemenclm2001

Schulmanator

That is a shame. Your work is always of such high quality. I am sure whatever you bring us next will be high caliber and just as awesome as your usual work. And if I was picking a theme for you, I would do something less common, such as Greek or Scandinavian... I am sure you would rock any theme you select!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

FrankU

Hi Kelis,

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

My advice is: make backups. 
And so my suggestion is: install everything again like you want it to be and then take care to implement some kind of backup routine.

I always have two backups of my projects.
1. I make a backup everytime when I shutdown my computer. I have written a small script (backup.bat) that copies all my documents and SC files onto another HD in my computer. So everything there is is on two locations on my HD. This is for stupid activities like overwriting or deleting my files. It won't help against crashes or burglary.
2. I have an external HD lying next to my computer. I make backups on it not regularly, but I do when I have finished some important thing like a new set of windmill lots or farm lots.
This HD should be, if I wanted it to be perfect, in a locker on another location of my house, but that is too much for me. In case of fire or burglary everything will be lost, but it is good enough against HD crashes, firestorm accidents etc.
Two years ago when I just had installed it I took it with me on vacation, but it felt too paranoid. I don't do that again. But I do make backups of all before I leave on vacation.

It's time I made some small tutorial on how to make such a script file, although it should be obvious to anyone who knows a bit of writing simple scripts in MS-Dos. You need the copyX command and the shutdown command... that's all.

kelis

# Update [4]  ~ Something more about Ajima - Saitama Prefecture ||

• As some of you know, I lost some things for a problem with my computer, today I wanted to show you something about the center of Saitama but due the problems with my computer I have to create almost all the center that I did in the past so We will see more about Ajima and surroundings •

• In this update we can see an important infrastructure for Ajima. The Bus station is a vital point for the life of the inhabitants of Ajima because Ajima is located between the rural areas of the prefecture of Saitama

• The bus station is located on the outside of the city and is surrounded by rice fields

• There is a small line of taxis that connects the small center with the bus Station of Ajima. From this bus station we can travel to the center of Saitama •

• Ajima is also connected with the center of the prefecture by train but the bus is cheaper and for many people the bus ride is always more special •

http://www.youtube.com/v/iejRqYvcl_E&feature

# Enjoy this little video about Ajima

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

Hahei -
Hi mate, Thanks for your advice about a city of Oceania but I'm not a big fan of this type of cities.

976 - I was thinking a long time ago to make a region of this style, I like so much the cities like Bangkok so maybe in the future could be a possible region  :) Thank you my friend !!

art128 - I lost the models were not exported but I have all models that have been exported so as I said you be patient my friend, in a few days the tower will be ready for you  ;D

Kergelen - Yes the Soviet style could be a good choice I think !! Are you Catalan ? then you are Spanish  :thumbsup:

nbvc - I did not lose Bassen and only I lost a few things of Saitama so cities are safe  ;) 

noahclem - Thank you my friend ! Well I lost the cities that would be the next cities in this MD but I did not lose the actual cities so I can keep working !!

clemenclm2001 - Thanks my friend !!

Schulmanator - Thanks for your kind comment my friend, well I was working on a New York city recreation but I lost it, also I was working on a region inspired in Scotland but I lost that region so well...maybe I would work on a soviet style city.

FrankU - Hello my friend, Well actually I make backups of my creations regularly, for example I've been able to save Bassen and most of Saitama because I had a backup, but I was working on a  New York city recreation and a Scotland region and I've lost them Also I lost some model, even the ABN Amro Bank and some more because I did the last backup just of the plugins and regions, maybe I have to do a better backup the next time...about the script sounds interesting, have something in mind? Thank you my friend and Greetings  :)

# Jonathan.

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

nas-t

art128

Wonderful update Jonathan. Everything fit together nicely.

I like the details you add with the MMPs.

EDIT - now that I saw the video very cool ! I liked it a lot! Just remember to make your roundabout ( 0:50 ) on the other side as you're left hand drive. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Thanks for the comments my friends and Thanks Arthur for your advice  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

Uzil

Very nice screens, always pleasant to contemplate  :thumbsup:

Huston_N7

Huh, your updates are always without flaw. I mean it is literally impossible to find a flaw :P Another knock-out update!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

mave94

Very nice, mate! :thumbsup: Wonderful work as always. I like the video. Videos can be more living, because people and vehicles are moving, so they give a nice touch.
For me, it doesn't matter what your new region will be. I am sure that whatever new region you will make, it will be great. ;)

-Matthijs

nbvc

Good to see that you didn't lost everything.
Great images and video. &apls

Connor

Really beautiful work! Every picture is perfect - detailed, realistic, and truly wonderful to look at.  &apls