• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Identifying reader properties

Started by thingfishs, May 13, 2010, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thingfishs

Hi,
I am starting to adjust the settings of LOTs to better fit in with CAM and my city style. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions so I've named the thread ambiguously.

My first question I posted elsewhere a couple of days ago but thought the Reader thread may be a better place to get a response. What I am trying to adjust is the monthly cost of callagrafx's Bywater Springs Hospital: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1676 What is the property that controls this?

<EDIT> Here is the exemplar list:

"Budget Item: Cost" seems the likely candidate but it's description says something like "the cost in simoleons" which makes it sound like it's the plop cost; however there's already a plop cost property so I'm assuming it's this one.... but how does it work?

Diggis

Yes, that is the correct item.  It's in Hex and 1A8 is 424, and of course the number is in simoleans, thats the currency.  It's the cost per month.

As I said in your other thread, DO NOT do this until you have bulldozed every instance of this lot in every city.  You WILL break your game if you do.

thingfishs

thanks for that Diggis, and I'll be sure to bulldoze it before I replace it.

What still doesn't make sense to me is the amount, 424. How does this relate to the actual cost (when of course the monthly cost for a lot like this can vary). The full monthly funding of the hospital is $508 (for 171,187 patients!) which works out to about 0.0029 per patient. Whereas the Maxis hospital costs $1200 (for 3299 patients) which works out to 0.3 per patient. What I would like is the Bywater Springs Hospital to be at least at the same ratio, if not more expensive. Any ideas?

Diggis

Well, full funding is over 100% so I would guess that it's 424 for 100% funding. You'd have to find out what it's patient number is at 100% and then do the math to find out how much you want it to cost.

thingfishs

RippleJet

Quote from: thingfishs on May 13, 2010, 04:20:57 AM
What still doesn't make sense to me is the amount, 424. How does this relate to the actual cost (when of course the monthly cost for a lot like this can vary). The full monthly funding of the hospital is $508 (for 171,187 patients!) which works out to about 0.0029 per patient. Whereas the Maxis hospital costs $1200 (for 3299 patients) which works out to 0.3 per patient. What I would like is the Bywater Springs Hospital to be at least at the same ratio, if not more expensive. Any ideas?

Bywater Medical Springs is modded like a Disease Centre, not as a large hopital.
Thus, you'd have to compare those monthly costs to the ingame disease centre reward instead.
The plop cost (and bulldoze cost) should correspondingly be a lot higher for a disease centre than for a hospital.