• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

need help opening .exe on a mac (file juicer not working)

Started by zanderson889, November 30, 2011, 10:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderson889

So I've tried using file juicer, and it doesn't work. I've specifically tried it with the BSC essentials pack, and file juicer acted like there was nothing there to extract.

I saw on here someone suggested using "winebottler", but the download from that site doesn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions? I've also tried the program "the unarchiver". got an error message saying "this file cannot be extracted using this program". 

spaced

I have had really goo luck with Wineskin. http://wineskin.doh123.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wineskin%2C%20Play%20your%20favorite%20Windows%20games%20on%20Mac%20OS%20X%20without%20needing%20Microsoft%20Windows

The way I found worked best was just use the standard filename, or pick one for just your Sim City file exes. Most of the downloads from this site are just exes. One you make the file it will ask you if you want to view it. It makes a special application folder under "Home"", under Finder. Double click on your file name and a menu will pop up. The top choice is install new software. Choose this and it will open the menu and you go to the place where you are storing your plugin download files and pick the exe you would like to install. After it is done installing you will get a message from Wineskin that is an error, but don't worry about it. Click OK and next time you want to install an exe for Sim City just use the same file as no program is actually associated with it.

One final word. Sometime when you are initially making your Wineskin file, it gets caught in a loop. If this happens close the install pop up and erase the new file when it asks about viewing. Then start over.

Good luck.