• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Awesome work on your regional port, Jonathan. Though I think the Aqualiner should get a better more modern terminal. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

# Update [13] Kawasaki City [1] First view / Saitama Prefecture

################################################

• Hello guys. Today I want to share with all of you some of the progress that I've been doing in Kawasaki City.
Kawasaki is a city located in the south part of Saitama's bay. It is the first city that you see when you come into
the bay of Saitama. Kawasaki is a port city, dedicated to the fishing, regional transports and especially dedicated to export motorbikes •

• As you can see in these pictures. My work is focused in the Port-islands. As the space in Japan is limited and as
Kawasaki is located between the mountains and the see. I've created three islands and now I can build the port of Kawasaki in the islands •

• We will visit the islands in the future and then we can see all the details and functions of each island,
but now you can see some pictures, as you can see the islands are not complete yet •

• In this picture you can see the residential zone near the old port, most of the buildings in this part of the city are residential •

• Kawasaki is connected with the rest of the Prefecture by train, Highways and roads and also by ferries. Train is the most used transport system in the prefecture•

• Some streets in Kawasaki. As you can see, despite Kawasaki is a city, you can find some places where the life is very relaxed •

• Residential zone where you can see the popular "Danchis". They are popular in all Japan

• Small and old train station located in the surroundings of Kawasaki

• Most of the buildings that you can see in these pictures are natural growth, for that reason I need a lot of time
to make progress on my region, anyway I will try to make a new update soon. I hope you like it. Greetings from
Saitama Prefecture and until the next time •

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Nice to see a new update here, Jonathan!

Excellent work with the city so far. It has a very Kobe-feel to it.

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

I agree, nice to see you active and again producing wow pictures.   &apls
Some inspiring ideas with the port and a cool trainstation!  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Fantastic pictures!!  :bnn: Your work is inspiring, with all those details in every square meter!!!
Veo y aprendo (espero...)  :P

c.p.

Nice :thumbsup:  It seems like every square meter is unique.

vortext

Great work!  &apls

It's nice to see both wip pics and insanely detailed pics in the same update. Looking forward to see the port islands complete!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Very nice to follow the development here! Really a well-composed and well-thought-out city  &apls

manga rivotra

I love your way of reproducing spaces public and park. It is clear that you enormously worked to make every street corner unique while keeping perfect unity with street furniture, tree and others details. Parked cars, bikes, fences around railroad, everything is perfectly placed.
I like particularly the alignment of parks and bicycle paths between "Danchis" and the last picture too. Excellent &apls

Pat

pokes my head in here, wow great stuff you have been up to here in Windows on the World... Long time since I was last in here and love it still!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nanami

Nice port city you have here! I always love your details on parks and decorations!

kelis

Hello guys,

I had some problems with my computer and some problems with my internet connection but looks like everything is working fine again and these days I've been playing Simcity...

This is the result after two days working on the first international airport of my region. This international airport is smaller than the other one, it is located on an artificial island in the bay of Saitama and the other one in the land...

There is a lot of work to do, but I want to make an update as soon as I can, I hope you like this picture.

Greetings  :thumbsup:

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Fasan

art128

Seems like a fine airport... Can't wait to see more of it. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Really nice airport, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it! And, while it may be the smaller one, it doesn't look the least bit small to me ()stsfd()
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Dantes

I am curious to see if Kawasaki City is fully built. You can also make great airports. I look forward to more pictures!

reddonquixote

ooh.. I missed this update. Beautiful, very realistic  &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

kelis

# Update [14] Tokoname town [1] / Saitama Prefecture

################################################

• Today we are visiting Tokoname town. This town is the first city that you will cross if your airplane arrive in the Saitama's international airport. The airport is new and it is changing the town of Tokoname. In the past Tokoname was a fishing and farmers village. Due its location some new highways were built, it changed the city and its development, but with the construction of the new airport of Saitama, located in an island in the sea Tokoname has grown and has been developed •

• This is the normal appearance of Tokoname. Small houses and shops •

• With the first infrastructure some new people came to live in Tokoname. Some apartments were built •

• The train line was improved, now it has more space and a rail in each direction •

• With the airport construction more residents moved to Tokoname, new and bigger apartments wre built •

• The latest infrastructure is a elevated train line connecting the aiport with the center of Saitama and also with the other international airport located in Saitama •

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

Fasan -
Thank you so much  :thumbsup:

art128 - Gracias amigo. I will show more about this airport in the future.

Themistokles - Thanks for your comment ! Yep, well... this airport is located in an island, there is just one terminal and well the other one is gonna be bigger... I took inspiration from Nagoya's airport with this one, with the other one I will use narita airport as inspiration...

Dantes - Kawasaki is almost done my friend ! I will share some pictures soon  :thumbsup:

reddonquixote - Thanks for your kind comment my friend ! I hope some day you can make some buildings from Japan...it would be awesome.

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.

.                                                                                                                      

noahclem

Beautiful cityscape  &apls  I'm quite excited to see more of the airport  :thumbsup:

art128

beautiful work on the different apartment blocks around the town of Tokoname. It seems like there is still place for a second pair of rail lines to separate express and local trains.

Props & Texture Catalog