• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

The mosaic from picture 223 and the picture 226 show a really interesting area with the covered passage, the narrow street and the coffees. I really like it.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Amazing mosaics and incredible details.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ belfastsocrates, carlfatal, noahclem, art128, Vizoria :

Thanks you very much for all these very nice comments ! I really appreciate that  ;D

I start now the first of my 2 updates about suburbs.
In my region, there a few CBD but there is no real center, but several poles with varying degrees of economic and administrative importance.
However, I have many small secondary cities, mostly residential, which form a cluster of suburbs and outskirts sometimes dense and sometimes spread and green.
This first update focuses on distant suburbs which include many recent houses and small buildings, often built around the heart of old villages, now included in the urban area of Gransimtenago.

Update 11 : Suburbia, part one

Here, a typical residential area of my suburban set back from the main road where the buildings dedicated to shops and some offices are concentrated.
The city council has provided a gymnasium and a park for the enjoyment of residents.

Another example of a residential area built in withdrawal of a busy road lined with small shops.

The same, seen from another angle. Here it's possible to see the little secondary school

As the police are rare in these distant suburbs, police barracks beeing built at strategic locations. Here is an example with a heliport in the same city tile close to a lake.

Beautiful residences along the lake to finish with city tile.

Other small suburban districts built around park, small squares or at the edge of small commercial districts.

Houses at zoom 6

Overview of another city tile, with many houses and little recent building and the remains of an ancient village surrounding a small square
Edit 26th november 2015 > pic still same but reworked a little bit to integrate a new bat

the center of this small town at the intersection of the two main roads
Edit 26th november 2015 > pic still same but reworked a little bit to integrate a new bat

<<<Click on pic

close views of the different blocks

Closer

To finish the tiny town hall

Another small town built on slopes ( yes again but gentle slopes this time....... :D). Here an overview

Although this city is far from the major regional roads, the government built moderate-rent buildings in that city in the early sixties

This very green city also attracts people with more substantial revenue because it has kept a "country look".

some fruit trees and numerous vineyards on the sunny slopes are visible.

No doubt the two most congested intersections during rush hours...... :D

Another overview on the same city, but west-side, in a more dense district close to the main river of my region

The same, seen from another angle

close view on these very green house bloks

Some recent residence

I hope you like it ! Thanks you  :)

Vizoria

As usual incredible stuff. Your W2W and housing areas are suburb and the mixture of W2W and non-W2W (Wall to Wall) is amazing. I am looking forward to part 2.

carlfatal

Indeed indredible!  &apls

Like I told before, I never would use such a mix of BATs, but on your pictures it looks so natural and common together - that is absolutely stunning!

And am I right, if I think, that you use the model tweaker from time to time? The RTMT bus stops look like if you made them smaller. The original seems to be made for yetis, I changed the size to 0.85, and here it looks similar (pic 238).  $%Grinno$%

Keep it up, canĀ“t wait for the second part of your suburbs!  :thumbsup:

Yan077

Wow  :o

As I follow your MD from the beginning, I have to say now that's just an incredible work, everything is stunning, I particulary like how you make this perfect mix of nature and city.

Really really wonderful  &apls

Yann  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

Your cities are calm and lush, and dense and busy at the same time. The lotting is all made with outstanding care for the minute details. I'm in awe... &apls

(...and of course eagerly awaiting the continuation :popcorn:)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Outstanding work once more. Steep slopes or gentle slopes, your cities always amaze me how they fit so well on those.

The city hall by the water is excellent. Nice use of public housing estates too.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

Replies
@ carlfatal :

I guess what creates unity on my pictures, are the props including trees and cars ( often from VIP, Girafe and C.P. ); and I also used the "model tweaker" from time to time to have buildings that seem to be on the same scale. But in the case of bus stops (including picture 238) i don't use often RTMT models but the great Girafe road bus stops available on the LEX ( reloted by myself for conventional streets and SAM mod streets )

@ Yan077 :

I am very happy to have a comment from one of the legends of this website  :). I admire Corsica from the first day, and I must say that your last update is undoubtedly the most beautiful thing i've seen in this game. I think i watched it 3 or 4 times, just for pleasure. :D

@ art128 :

Thanks you so much for the nice comments  :) . I love this building too, a beautiful modern one of Supremec TSC.

@ Vizoria, Themistokles :

Thanks you very much !  :)  The second part will happen in a few days.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

It's now time to show my second part of my Surburbs update. This time with denser suburbs and fewer houses

Update 12 : Suburbia, second part

I start with a small town that has been a real estate revival these past years, to the point that old buildings in poor condition are replaced fairly quickly by more modern constructions.

Focus on the destruction of this ancient small office. According to the town hall the whole corner block will be demolished in the next 3-4 years and new buildings, like those on the other side of the street, should be built.

The garden center and a large part of the wooded area behind were to be destroyed to make way for a housing development, but following protests by residents, the town hall to finally give up.

modern tenenment in a quiet suburb.

Another suburb, which developed thanks to the presence of a well served railway station

Strangely, these public housing buildings were built fairly close to older buildings without great protest of the inhabitants of the old district.

Now two mosaics of another suburb. The first presents the old quarter between the water tower and newest gymnasium. College and high school surrounds the market square.

<<<Click on pic

The second shows the most recent quarter, between the shopping area close to the station and the university. Many recent buildings were built in recent years close to a new school and a canal, but a few old buildings remain.

<<<Click on pic

Zoom on these newly redeveloped districts.

The cinema in the shopping area.

Some tenement at zoom 6.

Other middle-class suburban neighborhoods.

<<<Click on pic

Finally, poorer neighborhoods, but which nevertheless have quality public spaces.

<<<Click on pic

It's finish for today. I hope you like it, thanks you !  :)

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sunv123

I absolutely love your attention to details! wonderful  &apls
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

romualdillo

I'm overwhelmed by all the details in every image... I'm still wondering how could you think that perhaps we wouldn't like your work, just because you use so many different things in your cities  :D. Your work is fantastic!!!  &apls

JP Schriefer

Bipin

This is just too good. Amazing work!

That's again outstanding work with your selection and arrangement of buildings and arranging park lots, as usual.

I have a request: I've seen the staircase on the subsequent picture on one of your pictures. Can you please tell me where you got it from (which prop pack or lot)? I've been searching long for such a staircase.

belfastsocrates

I could spend hours looking all of the various details, public spaces and individual buildings. A truly superb MD and the work you put into it is clear to see.

Can I ask where the gymnasium building is from?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

I certainly enjoyed this update. You did an outstanding job with the lower class area.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

@ Girafe, sunv123, romualdillo, Schriefer, Bipin, art128 :

Thanks you very much for the nice comments !  ;D

@ belfastsocrates:

the gymnasium is from delija21 on STEX

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20684-tg-sportska-hala/

@ 11241036 :

the stairs are from Buddybud on a prop dat on STEX :

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/13866-jeronij-concrete-wall-addon-stairs/

Themistokles

If this is how poor Sims live they ought to be happy they live in Gransimtenango... &apls [Superlatives out of stock]!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill