• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Amazing updates indeed, the level of detail is just outstanding! I particularly enjoyed the park special, so much creative lotting packed into one update! Also like the use of the aquaduct, don't see it used that often.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

This last update just blow me up. Now I see how eclectic you are, but everything looks fantastic. There's too many things to look at, and the city seems to fit the slope perfectly!  &apls

carlfatal

EDIT: wrong post

EDIT 2: What should I say, absolutly stunnung pictures, wonderful BAT choices, perfect handling of slopes and terrain - I am totally wowed!  &apls

c.p.

Amazing :o  There is a lot to like here, but I especially like how well the castles, cathedrals and skyscrapers are integrated into the city. &apls

art128

Great update. Your tower in front of the aqueduct reminds me of the time Montparnasse Tower was built. A monolith in the middle of historical buildings.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

That's again a great update. Cathedrals, old town buildings and modern buildings arranged in a beautiful way. Great building on and around the hills. And the aqueduct is brilliant, never saw anything like this.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ feyss, Vizoria, vortext, romualdillo, carlfatal, c.p., art128, 11241036 :
Thank you very much of all these nice comments  ;D . I am very happy that this update, a little bit particular, is pleased you. :)

Today, I'm come back with the last of my Slopy friendly updates, maybe more conventional. Here, pictures will be extracted from various cities tiles

Update 9 : Slopy Friendly, last part

I begin with a distant suburban town, which has the peculiarity to be completely built on a hill and to be very green.

As the countryside is very close, we can perceive vineyards in some gardens. Furthermore, most of the houses have view on fields below the hill.

One of the blocks at the start of autumn

Same block, the rain appears

Second city tile presented, a very slope one, with some medieval vestige : a castle and a fortified tower 80 meters below surrounded by the older part of the village.
Nowadays there is nothing more than forest and a new housing development close to the castle.

From another angle, the fortified tower and the old village with a few very old building preserved.

The mayor was considered for an eccentric when he decided to sell a part of the beautiful larch forest to build a golf course there. But now, the rich people are happy to take advantage of the view since the terraces of the club and the mayor satisfied to see the businesses prospering in the city.

Some villas on the hill top have superb view on the village and the golf course.

Closer view on the church and the private club

Closer view on the fortified tower and the older part of the village

Every sunday, a small market settles down here

Another church in the low part of the village

The castle to finish with this city tile

Another tile again, with some gentle slopes, and even a flat part where some industry settle on the upper part of the picture

Some expensive residence on the upper block

Another city tile, a big one, completely built on hills in spite of an important density. Only distant view here. We can see some of the park presented on Update 6

And the last city tile for today, with old and new building mixed

197. Heavy spring rain

It's finish for today, I hope you like it !  :)

Vizoria

Amazing stuff. You really make towns built upon hills work, the smoothness of the retaining walls is impressive.

solsystem

Great updates with a brilliant work on slopes.  &apls &apls

Girafe

I am really pleased to see that you are suing my hedges  ;) and most of my flora  :)

Result is really lovely  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

carlfatal

Indeed fantastic work with the slopes!  &apls
And usually I donĀ“t like so much different styles of BATs in one place together, - but here the first time I like it, cause it becomes some special, very individual style if handled with such a care. Great!  :thumbsup:

art128

Picture 195 and 196 are my favorite from this update, you can really feel the sloppiness of the city, wonderful.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

I came in to comment on Update 8 and there's Update 9 already... amazing work yet again.

The work with the slopes is incredible. The parks and castles are just beautiful. What a delightful setting for showcasing my BAT of the Infinity Tower  :bnn:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

FrankU

Simply incredible.  &apls  &apls  &apls

c.p.

Awesome. :thumbsup:  One thing I like is there's almost no repetition.  You have to search to find a duplicate building.

Amazing work again. Like already mentioned, there's little to no building repetition, good slope work and especially good arrangement of BAT's, especially in the large city on pics 184-189. I also like the castle on pic 184, how it is looking over the lake, and the design of the old village in pic 175.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ Vizoria, solsystem, carlfatal, art128, FrankU, c.p., 11241036 :

Thanks again for the very nice comments !  :)

@ Girafe :

I love yours trees, and all yours props ! I used them on 90% of my lot, I thinks i'm relly addicted and I love that.  ;D
So thanks you very much !  :thumbsup:

@ reddonquixote :

I am very happy that it pleases you. Each of your creations are masterpieces and they are as monuments in my cities !  ;D

Today, I am going to show pictures of various villages and towns and a few of medium density neighbourhoods. On this occasion, I have create my first mosaics. As Always, I played in some picture with the weather mod of Xannepan

Update 10 : Big villages and small towns

First, a small town at the edge of a lake. Closer views from others angles were presented on Update 3, but here the centring allows to see the area of the town

Closer view on the main crossroads and some school building

Some luxurious residences along banks and part of the municipal cemetery

Here a big village built on slopes

A small town with a old and relatively protected city center (at the top and in the center of the picture) and an industrial park benefiting from the presence of the railroad (at the bottom of the picture )
The mid 19th-century brick-built mill is one of the last industrials vestiges in my region. Nowadays, it's a historic monument and it's impossible to destroy it. So, when it needed to build a new gymnasium in the town, a nearby and unused for decades ground was naturally chosen. But, rather than to build a contemporary and impersonal building, the architect decided to integrate it into his environment, by building it with brick and in proportions similar to the old mill.

Closer view on the older district

The other historic monument of this city is the old 16th- century belfry. A small park was built in the continuation of the belfry square and it acts as a separation between the old and the part of the town

Another small town, with more recent building

From another tile, a shopping place

Now, some pictures of one of my few rural villages. In fact, with 17000 inhabitants, it is more a town than a village. It's still surrounded by fields but some industrial park replace groves more and more.
Some distant view here ( the closer view are in the update 3 ) while playing with the Xannepan weather mod.

More luck with the weather this time

Closer view on the school.....

........on the old market

.....on the older port of my region on the main river

and the main church and the main square

3 mosaics to discover a little bit more this small town. The first from the river to the fields

<<<Click on pic

Second from the biggest agricultural market of my region to the cemetery

<<<Click on pic

And the last, by following the banks at the end of summer

<<<Click on pic

Another city tile again. A big village with a beautiful cathedral front of a vast place encircled by 2 medieval gate. But first, to visit it you have to leave the train station.

First mosaic according to an east-west axis

<<<Click on pic

Second mosaic according to an north-south axis from gate to gate

<<<Click on pic

Some details on the place

To finish a another mosaic from a seaside village cornered between a lagoon and an inlet ( closer views were presented on update 4 )

<<<Click on Pic

I hope you like it !  :) Thanks you very much

belfastsocrates

Apologies for repetition but I really must echo the comments from others regarding the hill work, it's absolutely fantastic. I haven't the patience for such work but it great to see someone master it so beautifully.

Another superb update, such attention to detail and incredibly building variety.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

carlfatal

Superb again! Although all the pictures show the same level of detail and passion to build this time my favorite was easy to find: 209 with the rainbow!  &apls

Keep it on!  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, this made my day  :o  It's going to take me quite some time to digest all this but I'm blown away! Proof, if any was needed, that SC4's best days are not in the past  :thumbsup: