• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Neighbour connection problem with RHW

Started by diego6677, January 10, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diego6677

Hi all.

I have read several documentations both by official nam and unofficial source of information all over the place.  The official documentation is not much helpful (it could do with few more pictures IMO).  Also I check this forum for information but unfortunately evil imageshack ruined it with their stupid frog pictures.

I wish to verify this set up with you as I can't figure why or what's wrong with it as I seemed to have trucks on it only, no cars at all.

1.) I set up invisible neighbour loop (I can't figure why it is essential as none of any info said why it is must do).  Is it correct set up?

2.) I set up 2 6 S-RHW  (one is incoming and one is outgoing) at the end of city map (see picture).  Those in red circle are 6 S-RHW neighbour pieces.  Those before blue line are normal 6 S-RHW.   Is that correct set up?

3.) Any idea why this set up only accept trucks outgoing but not car in both incoming and outgoing, and no truck incoming.

4.) Just in case - is there anything else that I miss out in setting up this neighbour connection real highway?

thank you very much for your helps and sorry for the trouble.

Diego

mgb204

As far as I can tell, yes that is correctly set up, just to be sure, you did set up the other side of the connection the same way? The Invisible Neighbour loop is required because the game is hard-coded to only allow these connections without a tile of space between them, by adding the Neighbour Loop you complete the connection.

If you are currently only getting trucks leaving, that's a sure sign that either you have not set it up correctly on both sides, or more simply that no sims wish to travel between the two tiles currently. Trucks will never come into your city, trucks leave "exporting" goods to wherever sim goods end up, but once they've left a tile they are no longer simulated.

diego6677

Quote from: mgb204 on January 10, 2015, 08:21:08 AM
As far as I can tell, yes that is correctly set up, just to be sure, you did set up the other side of the connection the same way? The Invisible Neighbour loop is required because the game is hard-coded to only allow these connections without a tile of space between them, by adding the Neighbour Loop you complete the connection.

If you are currently only getting trucks leaving, that's a sure sign that either you have not set it up correctly on both sides, or more simply that no sims wish to travel between the two tiles currently. Trucks will never come into your city, trucks leave "exporting" goods to wherever sim goods end up, but once they've left a tile they are no longer simulated.

Mgb204, thank you for your input and verification! It is helpful as I was hesitated about it and wondered whether I did it wrongly or not.  I did set up similar set-up in my next door city as per advised by the documentation.  I was wondering about the trucks/cars part but I leave the game running for 2/3 years (in-game year) and suddenly I got both incoming and outgoing cars and trucks on both setups.  So  I am happy.  I'll add my personal notes to the documentation to allow the setups to running for few years to "get it up and running", so to speak.

And thank you for your explanation about the invisible neighbour loop as I understand now.

Thank you again! have a good day to you.  :thumbsup: