• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshiisland2

The NAM itself seems to function fine, all the paths are correct, all the textures are right, and no missing components.  So what's the problem you ask?  Well, it's kind of weird actually; it's a problem with the intersections.  The traffic lights (red, yellow, green) themselves don't show up, just blank poles.  I keep reinstalling the NAM, but that doesn't help.  I'd post a picture except that the computer I'm typing off of doesn't have SC4 on it; the computer that does have SC4 doesn't have internet yet.  I ran the BSC cleanitol to alleviate conflicting plugins but that doesn't do me much good, either.  In case you're all wondering I install the NAM components in the following order:
1.) June 2007 NAM
2.)June 2007 NAM Essentials
3.)RHW V13 Beta

I also have additional bridges already installed, but I don't see how that would effect intersections...
-yoshiisland2

nsj806

I have a few questions

Is there an easier way to build GLR avenues because it gets really hard to keep clicking and pressing tab.

Is there a GLR station or do you just use the El-Train station and ramps up and down from it.

When you build a Ped. walkway does it matter which way the little arrow is.

If this isnt the NAM help thread could some one direct me to it. I can't find it.

JoeST

there are plenty of glr stations arround, and even some glr in ave stations...

glr in ave is tedious, but you never know there may be a puzzle drag piece in the works

i dont thing it matters with ped walkways

and the NAM help thread is irelivent if you have read the manual....

hope this helps

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

kassarc16

Having a problem with the RHW. Installed the new NAM, installed the Essentials, and used Cleanitol to remove any old mods. In-game, it still says it's the ANT network, has that icon, and when I try to drag the two, it takes at least a minute to draw, but all the textures work. Tried moving all the plugins to a folder that loads after NAM, but that hasn't worked either.

Tarkus

Hi kassarc16-

Which order did you do everything in?  If you did the Cleanitol in the NAM download after you installed the new NAM, that might cause some issues.  The RHW, by default, is installed to your Network Addon Mod\Rural Highway Mod folder--it should load correctly if its in that placement.  You might also have an old version of the RHW sitting around as well.  The versions before v13a (which was released at the end of April) don't have pathed end stubs, which slows the conversion down a great deal.

If you're still having issues, let me know.  I'm happy to help. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

kassarc16

I think my problem was that I though the RHW was included in the NAM now, but after reading the description in the STEX download, that doesn't appear to be the case. I think after I redo everything and actually install the RHW, everything should be fine.

Crissa

I cannot get RHW to work...(More at Simtropolis) And the culprit may be some corrupted files.

Is the NAM Essentials supposed to expand to this?:
drwx------   6 stacey  admin  204 Sep  7 15:59 NAM Essentials

/Applications/Games/SimCity 4 Deluxe/SimCity 4 Data/Plugins/_props/NAM Essentials:
total 568
-rw-r--r--   1 stacey  admin   24810 May 31 18:44 NetworkAddonMod_Essentials_June_2007[173724]-26.dat
-rw-r--r--   1 stacey  admin  226349 May 31 18:44 NetworkAddonMod_Essentials_June_2007[192050]-28.dat
-rw-r--r--   1 stacey  admin   31267 May 31 18:44 NetworkAddonMod_Essentials_June_2007[342493]-30.dat

This doesn't look right, does it?

Can anyone link to an uncorrupted archive of the .dat files, please?

-Crissa

Andreas

@Crissa: Are you using FileJuicer on a Mac to extract the NAM Essentials? It looks like the filenames weren't correctly extracted, but there are three DAT files included in the Essentials. Telling from the size, the filenames should be as following:

1. NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat
2. NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat
3. NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat

If you want to use the RHW, you need 2. and 3., and if you want to use the additional bridges, you need 1. (but for the time being, this is identical with the file in the NAM). Just rename the files and overwrite the versions that are contained in your NAM folder.
Andreas

BigSlark

This isn't so much as a "trouble" as a question:

Is it possible to use ebina's new Classic Rural GLR texture while keeping the standard puzzle pieces the concrete texture? From the readmes, it seems that EVERYTHING but the Standard Draggable GLR will be the classic texture.

I use the concrete puzzle pieces to piece together GLR in Avenues and railroad crossings together and would like that to stay the same.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Kevin

Bluebeard

Sorry if this been asked but flipping page over page ain't my cup of tea.
      This Drag Glr is there anything else you need to download beside the main file?.Because when I try to Drag the GLR all it does is Plop.Thanx

Crissa

:thumbsup:
Thank you, Andreas!

Okay, now I have control of the most complicated tool ever ^-^

Two questions:

How do I get onto bridges from RHW?  And where's the on and offramps for it hidden?

I know how to make it work with Avenues, but in many cases I'd not like to slow down traffice with an avenue piece if I can avoid it.

-Crissa

Some needs to make a tips thread just for this tool!  I could spend hours explaining how to make right and left turns and giving examples ^-^  Maybe I should, as I learn by doing.

Bluebeard

Thanx Warrior. :thumbsup:

Well I got it working thanx to Warrior help but the GLR Stations have don't seem to work with the Drag GLR.So is there different stations for the drag or is there a patch?.Thanx

BigSlark

Quote from: Crissa on September 09, 2007, 03:33:05 PM
How do I get onto bridges from RHW?  And where's the on and offramps for it hidden?

I know how to make it work with Avenues, but in many cases I'd not like to slow down traffice with an avenue piece if I can avoid it.

Well, bridges don't exist yet for the RHW. Its on the greater Network Widening Mod (which RHW is a part of) to-do list. As for ramps, they are known as the Modular Interchange System and are coming in a future release of the NMW. As is NAM policy, no release dates are ever given, but if you check out the RHW development thread there are some great MIS photos and I imagine it won't be too many months before we're graced with a Beta release.

Cheers from a long-time NAM follower and transit modding wannabe,
Kevin

Andreas

Quote from: BigSlark on September 09, 2007, 12:12:24 PM
Is it possible to use ebina's new Classic Rural GLR texture while keeping the standard puzzle pieces the concrete texture? From the readmes, it seems that EVERYTHING but the Standard Draggable GLR will be the classic texture.

I use the concrete puzzle pieces to piece together GLR in Avenues and railroad crossings together and would like that to stay the same.

I haven't tried ebina's new GLR textures yet, but from what I know, the draggable GLR uses different texture IDs than the puzzle pieces, so it should be possible to get several styles by using both items. At the moment, I can only advise to actually try it, though.
Andreas

Bluebeard

So how do you get the old GLR working with the new Drag GLR?.Thanx.
   Also is there new GLR Stations for the Drag GLR?.Thanx again

jplumbley

Quote from: Bluebeard on September 11, 2007, 01:42:42 PM
So how do you get the old GLR working with the new Drag GLR?.Thanx.
   Also is there new GLR Stations for the Drag GLR?.Thanx again

Draggable GLR and Ploppable GLR are two separate mods.  They were both released this time because it is the first NAM with Draggable GLR and existing GLR will have to be removed before removing the Ploppable GLR from the NAM.  Essentially, you should be removing any cases of Ploppable GLR.

There are 2 versions of GLR stations out there right now.  You have to have the original Ploppable GLR downloads which VesterDK has kindly posted links to at ST and I believe he did here aswell.  Now, Ploppable GLR stations will not work on Draggable GLR networks.  This is due to the fact that Ploppable and Draggable are two different mods and the way they were created differently.  Andreas has uploaded LOT Patches for ALL of the GLR stations, this is in one download and only has the LOT files not the DESC or the Model files.  You must replace the old Ploppable Lots with the new Draggable LOTs.  Make sure ALL old GLR Ploppable Stations are destroyed before you replace the LOTS with the new GLR Draggable Stations.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Bluebeard

:D
   Thanx JP.So I take your answer as the Drag Stations at this time are limted and I should stick to the old method until the world catches up.Thanx again