• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Searching for current Properties.xml file

Started by Rabbyt, January 27, 2008, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabbyt

Hi there,

I have run into a bit of a historical puzzle. ()what()
The Ilives Reader looks for a "properties.xml" file. Now I have done a minor search of the sc4D forum with the available search engine. This did not result in locating links to any files. There are a few mentions of the need for or use of such file but no file specifically called properties.xml. Now with the download there was included "Tropod_properties.xml" which I have come to assume is a variation or update of the original. I am assuming this is an update Tropod prepared for his needs and shared it with the rest of us (THANKS), because the introduction of the properties.xml file in the history of the reader was in v0.8.0 September 2003 and the Tropod file is dated May 2004. This leads to my questions.

Does anyone know if this is the most recent update?
Are there other versions of the properties.xml? If so, what is the rational or differences between them?
Has there been further developments which could be included into this file? I haven't found any because they have different names?

I could even update the txt file should there be any revelations to my inquiry here. Although another person would have to replace the older file in the download because not familiar with the tools used to do so. I am on a Mac running the reader in Windows 98 emulation only.

Thanks,
Rabbyt.

Andreas

I just had a look at my "tropod_Properties.xml", and it has a date stamp from december 2005 - however, it might be probable that I edited something in there once. As far as I know, the main reason why such a file exist is to label the "unknown" properties that are displayed sometimes in the Reader. There are still a few unknown properties, and I also think that the version you have might be the latest one. In any case, check the "Modds & Downloads" section at Simtropolis if there's a newer version, but if not, it doesn't matter that much, since the file is by no means essential, it just helps dealing with the files in the Reader.
Andreas

Rabbyt

Thanks Andreas,

I was at the ST site last night and found a properties.xml file but alas it was dated Feb. 2004.

Tropod's it is then.

thanks again and I'll look back here a couple more times if anyone else can shed any further light on the file.

Rabbyt