• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Wow! I often like to say 'my favourite picture is that one or this one', but it would be difficult for me to choose here  ;)

BTW, the dried-up docks are really a great idea  :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters

vortext

Wow the mountains and steppe are just breathtaking!  &apls

Also, think I asked this before but would you consider releasing some of your BATs, in particular eyeballing the smaller huts (not just these shown now, also those in the previous update and in the Africa update as well iirc).
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

reddonquixote

Another amazing release. The ship graveyard is very cool  :satisfied:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

Quite the journey catching up with all the goings on here! Don't even know what to say. I'm halfway between excited to borrow some of the ideas, wanting to visit these places, and giving up on SC4 entirely because I could never accomplish anything like this :D  Thanks for your amazing work and inspiration  &apls

carlfatal

Superawesome again!  :thumbsup:

I mean, I ran out of superlatives.  :D

What happened, when you started the game the first time? Your work is such a "dive in" from reality into a pixelpuzzle and back, it´s difficult to stop viewing, and you simply started it this way?  &apls

eugenelavery

I liked this update so much I had to comment here at SC4D is addition to Simtropolis.

vinlabsc3k

I can't describe your mastery!!
:o &apls :o &apls :o &apls :o &apls :o &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

kbieniu7

Oh, man... those ships laying on the sandy dry bed of the former lake is just enormous. Terrain work and vegetation play as some grate details, but the ships themselves creates a little horrifying atmosphere. That's probably the most mysterious photo of SimCity I've ever seen.  &apls

And a great plus for Nurek Dam. Dams are always on plus  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Themistokles

We need a new jaw-drop smiley.

And I probably need a new jaw.

Splendid. Makes me want to jump on the Trans-Siberian. &hlp
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

I might be very late for this but, let me jump into train after seeing that breathtaking SE Asian update . :o :o :o :o

It's very accurately represent it or atleast very much like how it should be. I really like that terraced rice field mmp work as well as the whole update. Your work never fail to amaze me!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As for the latest update, its great as well  &apls &apls

Quote from: ChiefZDN on March 23, 2017, 11:02:25 PM
:thumbsup:. Even, I can't do that for now because I don't install big mods. I usually install at most 10 mods.
my 5.5gb southeast asian plugins still far from capable on doing it  $%Grinno$%

Dantes

:o Holy flying spaghetti monster!  :o
??? I think I see a little piece of paradies!  ???
I am dead ?  ;D

korver

- UPDATE 16: Patagonia -

Our journey to Patagonia starts off in the countryside. Sheep farming is common across much of southern South America and the Falklands - introduced to the region in the late 1800s, the constant demand of sheep wool and meat ever since has kept this a vital economic activity. With the sheep population outnumbering humans 10 to 1 - you're bound to see them wherever you go.

Our next stop is Ushuaia, Argentina - the southernmost town in the world. Abandoned and wrecked ships dot the harbour, such as St. Christopher  - a reminder of how unpredictable the waters of the Beagle Channel can be. With dreary, foggy days being the norm here - these boats seem to fit right in.

Ushuaia is located on the Tierra del Fuego (Land of Fire) archipelago - a name that comes from Spanish explorers observing the local Yaghan people's tradition of constantly keeping a fire stoked to deal with the chilly weather.  In autumn however, the landscape itself turns into a "land of fire", coming alive with a beautiful display of red, orange, and yellow foliage. With much of the year being best described as bleak - it's a dramatic change that's quite stunning.

In Patagonia, much of the land consists of barren plateaus and grasslands - one of the few ways to get around is by taking the Pan-American Highway, the world's longest motorable road. While much of the surrounding landscape is rather plain, there always seems to be something interesting if you look hard enough - and in this case, don't be surprised if you see a couple of llamas grazing the lands.

Patagonia is dotted with countless rivers, creating great canyons as they slowly carve away the landscape. The Rio Pinturas Canyon of Argentina is perhaps the best example in all of Patagonia - it's just as dramatic as it is beautiful. Another destination you'll want to be sure to visit is the Cueva de las Manos (Cave of the Hands), tucked away in the surrounding granite cliffs - few places in South America and even the world can compare to its collection of ancient rock paintings.

Our last stop might be the most spectacular of them all. Rising nearly 10,000 feet above the surrounding Patagonian landscape in relative isolation, the mountains of Chile's Torres del Paine will take your breath away. Catching a good view of them is quite difficult, with heavy clouds often covering the peaks and violent storms frequently battering the area. It only seems fitting however - this is truly one of the most untamed places on Earth and a can't miss destination of Patagonia.

-korver

---

Replies

manga rivotra: Thank you for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the steppes :thumbsup:

Simmer2: Thanks for the comment :)

c.p.: Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

feyss: Thanks for the comment, appreciate it!

Alan_Waters: Thank you! :)

vortext: Thanks for the high praise! As for the huts used in the Africa update, most of those are already available - I just used some of the Manchou Pack03 on the LEX and some of nihonkaranws's buildings from ST. I think you could be refering to the "Amazon" update, though - pretty much all of those I got off of 3d warehouse. They aren't particularly good quality though, so I had to be careful on how I used them and from what zoom angle I took the pics from. I have no idea who the authors are so I probably won't be able to release them, however. I am actually working on my own set of huts that I BATed from scratch though which are nearing completion and I'll be using them in upcoming updates, so I'll be able to release those if you're interested when I'm done.

reddonquixote: Thanks, the graveyard seems to be a popular pic ;D

noahclem: Thanks for the kind words, always cool to hear when my work inspires others. I just hope you're kidding about the whole quitting thing, though :P

carlfatal: Thanks for the comment :) Some of my scenes from when I first started were pretty atrocious, lol. Even if I still had them, they would never see the light of day :P I just had to practice, practice, practice.

eugenelavery: Thanks for stopping by :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k: Thanks for the praise :)

kbieniu7: Thank you :) I was really going for that spooky mysterious vibe on that pic so I'm glad you liked it :thumbsup:

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed it!

Nanami: Thanks for the kind words and for the k-point, much appreciated :)

Dantes: Thanks for the comment ;D

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

reddonquixote

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vester

WOW. Breathtaking. Hard to believe this is Simcity.

Nanami

Yet another great images! :thumbsup:
the mountain in the last picture just..... well, steep...  &apls

Alan_Waters

I still can not believe that this is done by the resources of SC4. Incredible!  &apls &apls &apls

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill