• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

If you're referring to the 45° Mini-Curve (R1) for the RHW-6S, there was a code issue that slipped in right before release that prevented it from working properly.  If you're adventurous enough to manually compile a NAM controller file, see the second part of my post here.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait for NAM 37 for a fix.

-Alex

Alberto García Pastor

Quote from: matias93 on December 11, 2017, 02:40:45 PM
¿Podrías poner una captura de pantalla de lo que estás encontrando? No entendí muy bien si estás intentando hacer una mini-curva de 45° o de 90°, porque hasta donde entiendo, solo la primera es posible con RHW-6 (de hecho, solo se pueden hacer mini curvas de 90° en 2x2 cuadros con las pistas MIS).

And for reference, in English too:

Could you add a screenshot of what you've found? I didn't understand clearly if you're trying to make a 45° or 90° mini-curve, and up to what I know, only the first one is possible with the RHW-6 (in fact, only MIS lanes allow for 90° 2x2 tiles' mini-curves).

Gracias matias93, imágenes tengo, como no suelo usar foros no se como subirlas, y no he encontrado la manera de hacerlo. De todos modos creo que tarkus ha comprendido mi pregunta y no voy a ser capaz de hacer lo que él sugiere, excepto esperar el fix.

Thanks matias93, images I have, as I don't usually use forums I don't know how to upload them, and I haven't found a way to do it. Anyway, I think Tarkus has understood my question and I will not be able to do what he suggests, except wait for the fix.
Thanks tarhus.

Seaman

I'm having some issues here. The RHW-8s D2 outside wide DRI has always been very tricky, this is why I am so thankful for MGBs youtube tutorial. Anyway, I really can't do it, even if I follow his exact steps; it always seem to miss a texture? Is it just me (since it clearly at some point worked for MGB...)?

-> it even shows the texture in place when I try to buldoze it...

anyway, when I try to do the usual clicking around to solve override issues, it's likely to destabilize and collapse.

mgb204

I'm pretty sure there is a bug with this piece, but it might only affect some rotations, hence it worked in my video but may not for you.

Seaman

Thank you, Tarkus!  :)

(How could I miss it in this very samoe thread? *mrmbl* :-[)

Seaman

Quote from: idan.shpri on December 26, 2017, 02:41:26 AM
hey guys, i really Struggle how to make this bridge with the NAM mod, I really don't have any idea.
can you help me with urs Suggestions?

here's something for your inspiration. The trick is to employ the real highway (RHW) in short urban streches. It's not that perfect, because you cannot zone next to the RHW, but it has some cool additional features like this (maybe the future REW is able to help with this??). You can find the "splitter" piece under the (old) RHW ramp button (press tab a number of times to find it), the rest are normal NAM pieces you should be familiar (please ask, if not). Protip: add to the ramp on the broad side one tile with the RHW "road", then you can drag with the normal road from there and it will automatically transform into Ave-6/TLA-7 (like on the image)

Wiimeiser

Maybe there should be a NWM version of that piece...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

idan.shpri

Quote from: Seaman on December 27, 2017, 12:37:01 PM
Quote from: idan.shpri on December 26, 2017, 02:41:26 AM
hey guys, i really Struggle how to make this bridge with the NAM mod, I really don't have any idea.
can you help me with urs Suggestions?

here's something for your inspiration. The trick is to employ the real highway (RHW) in short urban streches. It's not that perfect, because you cannot zone next to the RHW, but it has some cool additional features like this (maybe the future REW is able to help with this??). You can find the "splitter" piece under the (old) RHW ramp button (press tab a number of times to find it), the rest are normal NAM pieces you should be familiar (please ask, if not). Protip: add to the ramp on the broad side one tile with the RHW "road", then you can drag with the normal road from there and it will automatically transform into Ave-6/TLA-7 (like on the image)

nice!! great idea. thank you very much! I appreciate your comment :)
but, i think its possible to do with NWM?

Seaman

Quote from: idan.shpri on December 28, 2017, 02:33:47 AM

The Problem is this piece, which is only available to the RHW. There is, although unintended, an advantage over a pure NWM setup. Here, the overpass is a "highway" opposed to a short strech of normal one-way road on the ground. This means, that your sims will likely use the overpass instead of clustering the intersection since, technically, they think it's shorter (to be honest, I don't know how the traffic simulator handles jammed intersection, but I find my sims quite often using the intersection instead of the over/underpass deliberately if both routes are equal one-way roads).

I think, the RHW-version is much more sleek and close to your google maps example, but anyway, here's a full NWM setup:

idan.shpri

Quote from: Seaman on December 28, 2017, 04:37:12 AM
Quote from: idan.shpri on December 28, 2017, 02:33:47 AM

The Problem is this piece, which is only available to the RHW. There is, although unintended, an advantage over a pure NWM setup. Here, the overpass is a "highway" opposed to a short strech of normal one-way road on the ground. This means, that your sims will likely use the overpass instead of clustering the intersection since, technically, they think it's shorter (to be honest, I don't know how the traffic simulator handles jammed intersection, but I find my sims quite often using the intersection instead of the over/underpass deliberately if both routes are equal one-way roads).

I think, the RHW-version is much more sleek and close to your google maps example, but anyway, here's a full NWM setup:

I cant find the piece that separate the one-way road from the nwm, can you help me ? :newbie:

Tarkus

Quote from: idan.shpri on January 09, 2018, 04:45:31 PM
I cant find the piece that separate the one-way road from the nwm, can you help me ? :newbie:

The reason you can't find it is because that particular transition isn't a piece and isn't under the menus.  It's draggable.  Take the OWR-4 network, bring it to an end stub, then draw two regular One-Way Roads starting on the tile after the end of the OWR-4, not physically connecting the two.  The result will be the transition shown.  The NWM Feature Guide in the NAM Documentation shows the basic mechanics for these "Draggable Stub" transitions.

-Alex

Seaman

Unfortunately, I don't have a proper video at hand to show this, but this video on the other NWM transitions might help you to illustrate, what Tarkus said. Use the mechanic shown in the video and drag OWR-4, then stop and start draging OWR-2 from the neighbouring tile. The only important thing is NOT to completly drag through the intended transition.

eggman121

Thanks Seaman for the comments you have been giving out. You seem to have a good knack of how to use the various pieces of the NAM!

Many of the situations will be more easily made once the REW comes out in NAM 37.

But for the meantime great work hear on workarounds :thumbsup:

-eggman121

Seaman

Quote from: eggman121 on January 10, 2018, 11:43:11 AM
Many of the situations will be more easily made once the REW comes out in NAM 37.

I'm already on the hype train!  :bnn:

but seriously, a REW counterpart for the fancy RHW inside ramp mentioned above would be really cool at some point in the REW lineup. I mean, of course you could always go for the normal inside ramps, but I really like the effectiveness how this special part is using the tiles. It perfectly fits a dense urban scheme where sometimes 4 tile wide highways or alleys won't quite fite in.

I guess zoning next to REW is possible, since it's based on OWR? I mean, it might not be realistic to have your private gateway directly entering a busy expressway, but there might be situations (like above), where it's going to be quite handy.

Tyberius06

Hi!

It's an RRW related issue but  I guess still NAM.
Well I ran into something strange with RRW. I draw all of them with the same way, still this R3-R STR turnout Compaund is not working in every rotation/direction. See attached picture.
or I miss something, but I tried a couple of way and this had happened all the time. (Oh, It doesn't matter if I draw further the "broken" ones, still won't convert into STR...)

Thanks for any help in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eggman121

Quote from: Seaman on January 12, 2018, 09:18:23 AM

I'm already on the hype train!  :bnn:

but seriously, a REW counterpart for the fancy RHW inside ramp mentioned above would be really cool at some point in the REW lineup. I mean, of course you could always go for the normal inside ramps, but I really like the effectiveness how this special part is using the tiles. It perfectly fits a dense urban scheme where sometimes 4 tile wide highways or alleys won't quite fite in.

I guess zoning next to REW is possible, since it's based on OWR? I mean, it might not be realistic to have your private gateway directly entering a busy expressway, but there might be situations (like above), where it's going to be quite handy.

Well the REW Ramps will act as both inside and outside Ramps. So that I think will be really useful for certain setups. The REW is shaping up to be a great project and is fun to work on  ;)

Thanks for the comments  :)

-eggman121

b22rian

QuoteI guess zoning next to REW is possible, since it's based on OWR? I mean, it might not be realistic to have your private gateway directly entering a busy expressway, but there might be situations (like above), where it's going to be quite handy.

Seaman,

I just wanted to add few things to Stephens excellent reply here :

First of all i am very happy you have decided to join NAM Discord chat room  :thumbsup:

All rew content have ( or eventually will have ) walking paths.. I have also been exploring some different set ups in my test city using ( unreleased ) RTMT NWM stations , the functional parts of REW i have already pathed,  and than Pedmall tiles to complete some interesting configurations..

In any event I think you are going to enjoy what you can do with the new REW once this is released to everyone  ()stsfd()

Tyberius06

Hi there!

I recently ran into some interesting things, one of them, that I wasn't aware of that there is El-Rail over L1 RHW support at least on the 1 tile wide networks... which is cool :) It's not an issue.

On the below picture I was wondering a setting like that, but the overpass above the AVE with the 2 other elevated OWR2 crossings it's not stable enough. I was wondering if there will be further stability support for this kind of settings, or that would be too much work?

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius

P.S. It works with the other way, if the AVE is the elevated party. (2nd picture) still...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.