• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Please start a new thread if you want further help with the textures, that's not for discussion here - the problem IS missing textures though  "$Deal"$.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "cork". However, even though you can not see traffic, please use the route query (the lower of the two ? selections), on the tram network and confirm if you are actually getting traffic or not.

dyoungyn

Help, I thought this was addressed with NAM 33.  What am I doing wrong.  I tried clicking EVERYWHERE and with no success.  I know I have done this before and not sure why this is doing this.  Problems at 15m and at 7.5m and with Flex Slopes.  Not even sure if this was reported or not.

dyoungyn

j-dub

I hate to ask, but you previously did do that same interchange at those same dimensions, length times width? Maybe one more tile between the slope and ramp makes a difference between stability, maybe a full wide tile split up-top makes the highway below more stable? Or no? I hate to see you take all the time to build that over, again if not again, but there's only one way to find out, and without experiencing how the mechanics are operating on your end, I have no idea. Someone else know something I do not?

dyoungyn

J-dub,

I have previously done this type of interchange at the height level 15 and 7.5 over a RHW 6C and even RHW 8C on the ground successfully with NAM33 but it appears since NAM34, I started having this issue as I did with NAM32.  I am not saying that NAM34 is bad or making accusations; only I now have this problem.   What I like to do is re-do all my maps since NAM32 and start clean build my Interchanges then develop.  I am trying to do the same here.

Is it possibly be a glitch with NAM34 going over RHW 6C and 8C?

dyoungyn

mgb204

Define glitch...

In a perfect world, cross-compatibility and adjacent stability would work in every situation. Sadly we all know this is not the case, despite some herculean efforts by a few to hit that goal.

The issue is that the code base is constantly changing and sometimes things that previously worked without issue might suddenly misbehave. By brining the matter to our attention, it's possible such setups will get better support in future. But being pragmatic about things, I'd do as suggested and just include an extra tile space here, since that's probably the simplest fix.

dyoungyn

mgb204,

Thank you for the reply.  I am going to resort to no longer do Cloverleafs over RHW6/8C until a fix in place.  I do understand cross-compatibility could behave differently based on other outside parameters that make the mod even better.  Only trying to highlight a possible small problem.  I have noticed based on other maps, that this same configuration flipped, as in RHW6/8C over RHW6/8 works fine.  It appears to only be the under crossing is the issue.  I do sincerely and deep in my heart appreciate all the herculean efforts the entire NAM Team are doing keeping SC4 alive and well, thank you again.

Tyberius06

Hello,

I'd like to ask that are these crossings unsupported yet? All of them made by dragable eleveted road tool.

Another questioun: I don't know if it's already reported, but I found an issues with the flex-ost with OWR. The pathing doesn't look right.

The last one not an issue more like a request/question: is there any plan (near future) for the OWR 3-4-5-RHW 6S-8S-10S transitions? :) That would be very nice and usefull.

Thank you for any help.

Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

Hello!

This problem with textures:
In the distance there are artifacts, but the approach they disappear.

dyoungyn

And here is another cross-compatibility issue.  This time, no clover leaf and rather just a Trumpet.

I think I just may have figured out what the real problem is.  It must be the "Flex Slope at 7.5 m.  There does not appear to be a problem with Flex Slopes at 15 m.

dyoungyn

mgb204

Quote from: Tyberius06 on February 03, 2016, 10:30:22 AM
Hello,

I'd like to ask that are these crossings unsupported yet? All of them made by dragable eleveted road tool.
GLR is supported, only you don't drag through the road viaduct. Drag the GLR away from it without going through and it will connect (requires NAM 34).

Quote from: Alan_Waters on February 03, 2016, 11:05:04 AM
This problem with textures:
In the distance there are artifacts, but the approach they disappear.

Remove the mod that changes the textures (Magneto's SLA Sidewalk mod if I'm not mistaken). Does this issue still occur with the NAM textures?

Alan_Waters

mgb204

The road viaducts are not the default NAM textures though are they? Since the sidewalks do not come from the NAM textures. Moonlights SLA does not have a sidewalk mod from Moonlight, but Magento made one for it, including those road viaducts. In fact, if it's not from Magneto's mod, mine is the only other one I know of (released in Sandstone only), to contain these pieces. Have you been running the Sidewalk NAM preview for automated textures, per-chance? So I'm guessing this texture is from Magneto's mod ;).

Either way, since this is a texture issue, I need to eliminate the possibility your texture mod contains the error. So please remove it and check this situation. If the problem remains, then we may have to look into it further. I have no way to verify this myself right now, sorry.

Tarkus

Tyberius, to answer your questions, there is no support at present for Draggable Road/Avenue/One-Way Road Viaduct crossings involving any kind of a diagonal, and I suspect the same is true of the alternate draggable GLR styles.  The One-Way Road On-Slope situation is also normal--non-draggable One-Way Road items will often show up with bi-directional paths, though there should be no problem with them.  Regarding those RHW/OWR transitions, OWR-3-to-RHW-6S already exists (though isn't exactly pretty).  The others have been requested before numerous times, but they are unlikely to happen until someone makes textures for them.

As far as those RHW issues, dyoungyn, no idea at this point.  The only changes to the RHW code between NAM 33 and 34 were a few small bugfixes, none of which touched those particular parts of the mod to my knowledge.

-Alex

Alan_Waters

mgb204
Thank you very much for your help!
Due to the fact that the plug-ins folder weighs 2.54 Gb, look for the cause would have gravely. I hope that when I have to reinstall the game and all the plugins - then fix it.
Once again, thank you very much!

mgb204

Quote from: Alan_Waters on February 04, 2016, 12:58:04 AM
mgb204
Thank you very much for your help!
Due to the fact that the plug-ins folder weighs 2.54 Gb, look for the cause would have gravely. I hope that when I have to reinstall the game and all the plugins - then fix it.
Once again, thank you very much!

Search for the file "EU_Overpasses.dat" - that should be the one I'm talking about.

Alan_Waters

Quote from: mgb204Search for the file "EU_Overpasses.dat"
There is no such file. There is only "US_Overpasses.dat".

mgb204

Quote from: Alan_Waters on February 04, 2016, 05:08:00 AM
Quote from: mgb204Search for the file "EU_Overpasses.dat"
There is no such file. There is only "US_Overpasses.dat".

Same thing, just for US textures, sorry I missed you are using those... But that file is from Magneto's mod, the one you don't have installed  :P.

woodb3kmaster

I recently discovered that the MHO cloverleaf loop puzzle piece causes the "sinkhole to China" bug when not plopped on perfectly level ground. In my case, it happened at the L0 end of the ramp, but it may or may not happen at the L2 end as well. I can take a screenshot if it would help, but I think the team members are all familiar enough with this kind of bug to make images unnecessary.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

bluepelican31

My elevated rail traffic stops at the station in this picture and everyone gets off.  I turned on draw paths and it seems the El-rail over ground to El-Rail over road piece has pedestrian paths on one half instead of an El-Rail path.

mgb204

The difference in colour of the paths is because El Rail has two sets of paths, one is required for UDI to work correctly. All that's happening here is that the game is showing the second path for a small segment of track. This issue is known as z-fighting, when two objects share the same space, they can "fight" for it. I'm pretty certain that piece works, but the sure-fire way to check would be to drive an EL-Rail train in U-Drive It mode along that stretch. Any problems with the paths will cause U-Drive It to fail.

Assuming the paths are correct, then the behaviour you describe tells me that the Sims either have a faster alternate route beyond the previous station. Otherwise, perhaps you've forgotten to "activate" the next station along? Either way, in the area around the station that's not being used, check the commutes of the buildings there. It should give you some idea why Sims are choosing not to use El-Rail.