• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A solution to the NAM Ped mall bug

Started by kes5219, May 24, 2010, 01:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kes5219

As many people know, there is a bug which residential buildings do not grow on NAM ped mall.
One day, I decided to fix this bug and finally found a solution.

My solution was to add car paths to the ped mall and use transit enabled lots such as pedestrian mall connector(link: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=3861) to block the car traffic and this solution has been working without major problems so far.
Since this is modification of NAM files, please wait until I get the permission to upload the file.

Picture:

translation - Road. Pedestrians: 495

Andreas

Now that's an interesting solution alright. :) But instead of uploading your mod, I'd say it's better to contact the NAM team, maybe this concept could be integrated into the NAM itself somehow. The main reason for this procedure is to make sure that a NAM update won't render your mod incompatible (the NAM Ped Malls are one of those items that are on the list for a rework since quite some time already).
Andreas

thingfishs

Wow, that's brilliant  &apls

This will be a big help for me in a few ways. ;D I can't wait to utilise it...

kes5219

Quote from: Andreas on May 24, 2010, 01:10:52 PM
Now that's an interesting solution alright. :) But instead of uploading your mod, I'd say it's better to contact the NAM team, maybe this concept could be integrated into the NAM itself somehow. The main reason for this procedure is to make sure that a NAM update won't render your mod incompatible (the NAM Ped Malls are one of those items that are on the list for a rework since quite some time already).
Got it. I will contact one of the NAM team members soon.

Quote from: thingfishs on May 24, 2010, 01:17:32 PM
Wow, that's brilliant  &apls
thanks  :)

mattb325

Absolutely brilliant! I can't wait to see these in game &apls :o

gn_leugim

I thought this before too, but as my lack on knowledge to change stuff, may have been the issue. I didn't add a car path totally to ped tiles, so would not have to use a blocker, but instead, just had a circular car path within the ped mall. it would car enable it, but cars would have no place to go, so no blockers were not important. now, I don't know it that is right to do, if is possible or not. your solution is also good I have to say :)

I just couldn't figure my idea out ^^

Terring7

The Roadless Paradise of Simcity 3000 will be back &hlp :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

gn_leugim

well.. after what I read, I take other shot at my previous mod, and this time was better:

I plopped the ped malls, I zoned the C areas, they grew, I zoned the R areas, they grew, sims walked to C zones and I was happy.. but the ZOTs wont go away, and after a few sim months, the houses became vacant, and not vacant.. and vacant.. and again occupied, and vacant again and so on so son..  :-\

I made the same as Kes did, I added car paths on the SC4pathfile for the pedmalls. (thanks Blue Lightning for yout tutorial  :thumbsup: )

this was what I added:
Quote-- car 0.2
-8,-2.5,0.0
8,-2.5,0.0
-- car 2.0
-- car 1.3
-2.5,-8,0.0
-- car 3.1
2.5,-8,0.0

also Changed the number of paths on the top  ::)

still, the game screwed this method :(