• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 34 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, December 25, 2015, 02:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

We've finally done it--landed a NAM release on December 25th, just in time to give your copy of SimCity 4 a Christmas stocking stuffer.  Just one short month after our last release, NAM 34 is here, with a few exciting new features.  Here's a brief rundown.

• The Tram-in-Avenue (TiA), Tram-in-Road (TiR), Tram-on-Road (ToR), and Tram-on-Street (ToS) dual networks are now partially draggable.  To activate the dual networks, click the Elevated Rail tool over Avenue for TiA, the Elevated Rail tool over Road for TiR, the Rail tool for ToR, and the Elevated Rail tool on Street for ToS.
  • Elevated RealHighway (RHW) networks and draggable Elevated Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts can now form overpasses over Tram-in-Avenue, Tram-in-Road, Tram-on-Road, and Tram-on-Street dual networks.  Simply drag the crossing network up to the edge of the Tram Dual-Network to form a stub, and begin dragging from stub on the other side of the Tram Dual-Network to continue the network. Some support for networks besides RHWs and the Road Viaducts has also been added, using similar means.
  • RealHighway crossings over Network Widening Mod networks are now vastly more stable.
  • Multi-Radius Curves (MRCs) for the Road network have been added in draggable form, in four different radii (R1-R4).
  • Signalized intersections for One-Way Roads are now possible in the initial phase of the OWR Signalization and Turn Arrow Project (SITAP), complete with turn arrows before the intersection (NOTE: LHD functionality for this feature may still be limited).  These signals cannot automatically appear, due to the game's handling of One-Way Road mechanics, but can be activated by transitioning from One-Way Road to Road just before the intersection.  For intersections between two One-Way Roads, it is necessary to click over the resultant 90-degree Road bend with the One-Way Road tool.  +-intersections and T-intersections between One-Way Roads and Roads, One-Way Roads, Avenues, and +-intersections (no T-intersections) with single-tile Road-based NWM networks (TLA-3, AVE-2, ARD-3, NRD-4) are available.
  • 7 new bridges by eggman121 have been added, including the first-ever NWM bridges for the RD-4 and RD-6 networks, plus a new RHW-4 bridge, and four RealRailway (RRW) bridges.
  • FLEX On-Slope Transitions for the Elevated Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts have been improved to support tighter situations, where a network is directly below the elevated end of the transition.
  • Many Elevated RHW base network features now show preview textures.
  • An issue with High Speed Rail crossings over wider ground-level RHW networks has been addressed.
  • An issue preventing the proper override of the ramp interfaces on L1 RHW QuickChanges has been fixed.  Some clickaround may still be necessary to force the overrides to continue.

We'll have more details on some of those features shortly.  I'd also like to give a special shout out to two of my development team colleagues, mgb204 for his heroic efforts in the last stage of release engineering, and to eggman121 for his continued prolific development and dedication to the community.

Here is a tutorial video for the new content. Here is the footprint for the R4 road curve.

The download link is here.

In the meanwhile, hope you all have the happiest of holidays on behalf of the NAM Team.

-Alex

edit: added two links to tutorials ~Swordmaster

dyoungyn

Alex,

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING and the one thing that I LOVE TO DEATH and FINALLY is a reality is HSR over RHW and even over 8S.  One can also go side by side HSR over RHW 86 and beyond; simply put, GENIUS.  Finally, the ability to end one way road with AVE 6/7 on only one side is FABULOUS.

The one thing I have always wanted is a connector piece from Elevated Rail to Maxis Elevated Rail in the attached.

Kergelen

I hardly had time to play with NAM33 and NAM34 is already here. :bnn:

The new Tram draggable stuff is a great adition.

Thanks NAM Team &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

compdude787

Already?! :o I didn't think it would come out this quickly!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Girafe

As a casual user of NAM, I really appreciate all the effort put to upgrade this amazing tool

Congrats to you guys  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Tyberius06

Happy the Christmas!!! Thank all of You guys!!! That's amazing...!!!! :)  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Vizoria

That's some speedy work! Great stuff, great stuff!

Wiimeiser

Here's a small, quick compilation of screenshots. I don't think anything's wrong here, but draggable tram-on-road intersections don't exist. If you can fix up the reverse OWR arrows, however, there'll be a workaround for onramps.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Jack_wilds

an amazing surprise Christmas gift Nam Team...  :bnn:
exceed the standard well done...
5+++/5...
adding  pluses as I could not find a gold star for this excellence...

Merry Christmas NAM

Catalyst

jlt122

Thank you so much gentlemen for you hard work and efforts and sacrificing that you all do to make this happen especially in such a short amount of time since the previous release in just 1 month! I know I don't talk much on here but know that your work is well appreciated by us all. Merry Christmas to you too and Boxing Day have a prosperous New Year! God bless you all.

eggman121

Hello everybody  :)

Here is the diagram of how to draw the R4 Curve for the road network  "$Deal"$

Flex Pieces will be made in the future (They have not been created now due to time constraints)

Enjoy the holidays and enjoy the new NAM  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

Themistokles

Such smoothness &apls and so easy to just drag it...
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

mgb204

Just in case anyone wants to see how some of the new NAM 34 content works, I've uploaded a short video (no audio) to YouTube. This covers the new NWM bridges, Road MRCs, OWR Signalization and improvements to the Flex-OSTs.

Girafe

So much appreciated for a NAM low knowledgeable person like me  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

compdude787

It's good to see a video showing the NAM's new features! Those things will be nice.

Also, I currently see text at the top and bottom of my screen that scrolls across and it currently says "The NAM 33 official release is here!" It should be changed to say NAM 34, don't ya think?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

jessilaurn

Many thanks to the whole NAM team. :)

gaoting

thank you NAM team,I like NAM very much,good jod

fefenc

I could swear that NAM 34 (the one with all that incoming rail stuff) would take another year to get finished, glad it's already out :D

Thanks for all the effort you keep making to improve this awesome game NAM Team  &apls &hlp

Tarkus

All the incoming rail stuff--FlexTrack and the like--was actually accelerated into NAM 33. :)  In any case, we are trying to get back to a situation where NAM releases don't take a year-plus (or in the case of NAM 33, almost 2 years), by having rolling development cycles, not starting any new massive re-spec projects, and avoiding feature creep.  It's made working on the NAM a lot more fun, and by providing a steady stream of new content, we're hoping to make the game more fun for the community as well.  NAM 35 content is already in development, and the goal is to wrap that up before too long.

-Alex