• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

007's B.A.T.ing Room

Started by peter007, October 04, 2010, 03:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

I love the new brick texture  &apls

The scale looks maybe a little bit small though...  Maybe 10% so not a really big deal though  :thumbsup:

WC_EEND

I have to agree, it looks better with the brick texture. Looking forward to seeing the nightlights on it.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

FrankU

Hi Ernst,

Now that you showed the images in game I realised that there is something not OK in your model. The large cut out on the lower part is too large. I thought you were going to add some low part of the building or something. It didn't look finshed to me, but apparently it was meant like this.
The three brick columns are way too thin to carry almost half of the building. Especially the fact that there are these two corners of the tower hanging in the air: this is construction-wise not possible! The building should have some real heavy construction on this location in order to become a realistc high rise tower. I really advise you to make something different here.
Sorry if this sounds rude and/or gives you a lot to do now...

The texturing, the finished facades and the upper "landscape" are otherwise beautiful!   &apls

I am looking forward to the results.

kelis

What an amazing job !!!

Hi Ernst, I like so much this model, Very close to the real building and I have to agree the same, this brick texture its much better now, another thing that I have to agree is the scale, I think it would be better a 10% or 15% could be enough, well my friend you may be sure, I will use this model in my Dutch region  :)

Keep up the good work  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

Very nice building, it gives a whole new meaning to roof 'junk' as it is gorgeous.

The pillars, however, still seem too thin to me. And in comparison to the surrounding buildings it looks like the entire structure could be scaled up just a little bit. Other than that, great work  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

w_swietwoot

Hi looking very nice. I don't know if i fully agree with frank, might be a bit to big but I am not sure ???. But there is something going on. But perhaps it is the glass above the entrance. In the google earth pictures it looks like it's bigger, especially longer (and the glass is also blue). It seems to be going to about 1/3 of the eh, what's it called, the space between the columns and the door in RL. With your model it's about 1/4. So the space under the building looks a bit empty.

Viewing pictures side by side, one from your work next to the google earth picture(with its great sc4 style isometric view enabled), it then looks much bulkier, stubby and shorter than the real version, which is more sleak looking and taller. Perhaps it's the strange sc4 scale factor for length.

Success finishing it, keep it up. And success with the finals.

peter007

@Noahclem; That's why I scaled it up 10 percent :) Thanks for the add!
@Xander; I'm glad you liked it. For the nightlights I tried yesterday something but it wasn't worth sowing it so you have to wait a couple of days ;)
@Frank(U); I made the pillars a little bit longer. I hope you're pleased now :)
@Kelis; Thanks! The building is scaled up with 10%
@Vortext; Thanks for the compliment. I made the pillars one meter wider.
@w_swietwoot; Well first thanks for the compliment my friend. The building is empty at the bottom so that the LOTter who wana take the job in the end can place some things at the bottom of the building. The canopy should be a little bit smaller otherwise no prop will fit under it. I tested it in the LOT-editor and a tree fits under it. I adjusted the LODs in that way that its possible to do that. I scaled the building up a little bit now every storey is 4,25 meter which is pretty much the normal 3dsMAX height for a storey. (133% of the real height)

I wasn't satisfied with the glass either. it is to repetitive. So I made some curtains for some variation.

In a far zoom it looks really cool but I still need some work on it. I think adding some easy shapes to the interior will do the job. Just let's experiment and we will see.
If anybody has a better idea? Please say it!

-Ernst

WC_EEND

Oh my, this just keeps getting better :P Is that also a window cleaning elevator I see on the side that has the pillars?

Xander

PS: if you need need extra rendering oomph, let me know
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

w_swietwoot

looking better. Perhaps you could also use these, I don't know if you already have them or if they actually help getting a better result:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20359-trunight-office-windows/

peter007

w_swietwoot; Well I made interior for the building. So putting textures on the glass won't work. Unfortunately
Xander; Thank you! Yes you saw it right, but that thing is there already for a couple of updates so you might missed it :P The rendering is fine. I didn't came further then 1.400.000 poly's so it should be fine.

Ok I finished the day building, but the nightlights didn't came out properly, since there were many glitches and bugs. Therefore I let the building rest for a while to find a solution for it.
Yesterday I started on something new.
Anybody knows the ugly Wibauthuis? On the wibautstraat in Amsterdam?

I added an edge render to make the "details" more visible.

I hope you like it so far.
The blocks at the left top of the building are layout "dummies" It helps for starting to build. Sometimes I end up full with ideas but with an empty scene for about 3 hours and that's when it comes very useful

-Ernst

Oh and I know I should resize the image but I don't know the code for it could someone pass that on?

FrankU

Hi Ernst,

I should know the building, but I don't. It's quite a huge thing here. Useful I think, mabe as a university or college building?

noahclem

The new building looks great so far  &apls   I hope you're able to figure out your nightlighting on the last one. It's an exceptional building deserving top-notch lights so I'll be happy to wait as long as it takes for you to get it to look the way you want it to look  :thumbsup:

As for image resizing, instead of just adding the image link do it like this:
[img width=1024]yourimagehere[/img]

The user can then click the image to see it in full resolution. Substitute whatever width you want for 1024

RickD

I don't know this building but your draft rendering looks very intersting. Maybe it could also work as a hospital.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)