• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Suggestion of new pieces for Elevated networks

Started by gn_leugim, October 31, 2017, 08:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Hello people,

I was seeing the latest developments by Eggman121 on elevated networks, namely SAM's, and I had a idea.

First, is there a 7.5m to 15m on slop transition?? (see picture) it is currently missing IIRC, and would be a good addition to most, if no all, E-networks.

http://imgur.com/a/AYbmg

But then it remind me of other idea.
would it be doable to add more eighths so we could use E-networks to make custom (yet small) bridges? like have a road cross a small valley, with curves or with other networks underneath for example.

PS: how do you embed a imgur pic?  %confuso

metarvo

On your imgur page, when you go into images and select a pic, you should see a list of links on the edge of the screen.  One of them should be a BBCode link.  Copy that link into your post in place of the link you posted and you should be good to go!  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Akallan

I think the idea is very good. I've had the problem a few times where I needed a transition type for the RHW as you quote, gn_leugim. I think the missing part is feasible (almost everything is achievable with SC4), but for that it is necessary that an expert answers! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

dyoungyn

There is another piece(s) I was hoping for and that is RHW6S dual (like with MHM) with elevated curves dual.

woodb3kmaster

As it happens, the RHW FlexOnSlope L0-L1 transition can be overridden to the L1-L2 transition you're requesting. You just have to drag a L1 RHW network into its lower end, as with all the other FLEX overrides. I don't remember offhand if the same is true for the one-level FlexOnSlope transition for the Draggable Road Viaducts, but since it's based on the RHW transition, I wouldn't be surprised if it can be similarly overridden.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

gn_leugim

Yes, I've have just checked that out. but, what about those situations you are not using draggable elevated networks, or you can't use them and you need to use static puzzle pieces instead?

woodb3kmaster

Well, we no longer make static puzzle pieces, so your best bet is probably to build the FLEX transition and plop starters on either end of it in a situation like the one you described.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8