• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deora

@R.D.Q:
Wow,you always surprise me!
First,you did that lovely Lady Liberty with Pedestal and now this :thumbsup:
I have to admit,i really had a hard Time building a realistic looking Liberty Island around your Statue,especially because it wasn`t alligned with the Simcity Grid and my Island never looked rally good compared to that lovely detailed Statue of yours.

btw,use the Photobucked embed Fix for Firefox or Chrome,otherwise you just see a stupid Photobucket Speedometer

And now you are doing the whole Island?That`s just Killer awesome.
Can`t wait to see what else you have up your Sleeves :D

Unconstantean

red rulz :D can't wait to plop that island in my city :D

Terring7

Looks very cool. And thanks for the addon :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments, photo and anecdotes  :thumbsup:

Here's another pretty cool looking ferry terminal, very modern design this time. I like it a lot  ()stsfd()

Click if you want to make bigger

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

manga rivotra

Great, we need some modern design building like that, especially civic ones.
It' s already look like amazing !  :thumbsup:

reddonquixote

Brookfield Place:

(Click to make bigger)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Andreas

Whoa, that's BIG! One of the few building ensembles that I've been waiting for since ever, although there were I think two or three earlier approaches to this, but none of them ever managed to make the complete set.
Andreas

Unconstantean

Holly f***K , that's big <3 finallly we'll have this amazing WFC complex. you rock man  &apls &apls &apls

JP Schriefer

Wow, that's awesome! I always waited someone to do the whole complex from the WFC. You're doing great!

mattb325

Just amazing. It looks like I missed the last update with that ferry. It's a beauty!

You really are a master of this art (and don't be humble  $%Grinno$%)

One question: are you using 2017...how have you been able get it to work with Bat4Max? (I'm having palpitations for when my license runs out...)

reddonquixote

Thanks Andreas, Brookfield Place / WFC is a particularly nice section of the Lower Manhattan skyline IMO... when you consider how close it is to the WTC its thankfully amazing it survived 9-11, although I understand it did sustain significant damage.
Thankyou too Unconstantantean. <3 what? 3... decades?  :D
Thanks JP, good to see you back, hope all went well with your studies this year.
Thanks Matt - yes, using 2017, and did get it to work with BAT 4 Max. I'll make another post in a minute how to tweak the script so it works.

Here it is again, in situ. While that's a pretty large segment completed, its a sobering reminder how much more there is to do :D :D

JP Schriefer

I can stare at this picture all day, it's so cool to see lower Manhattan greatly modeled.
Do you have intentions to model the Woolworth Building? *_*

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

LZM

reddonquixote

Thanks for nice comments.

Based on JP's suggestion, here is:

The Woolworth Building

That's probably my last post of 2017 - happy new year to all  :party:

art128

That's an interestingly good way to end the year, that's for sure. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Unconstantean

Outstanding work!!! Happy New Year!!!  &apls &apls

dyoungyn

This is more and more reminding me of Korver's bats with his forum of Manhattan.  He has also include a lot of the bats you are working on.  Still, wonderful work.

mattb325

Quote from: dyoungyn on December 30, 2017, 02:40:22 PM
This is more and more reminding me of Korver's bats with his forum of Manhattan.  He has also include a lot of the bats you are working on.  Still, wonderful work.

Korver uses stuff from the 3d warehouse. Reddonquixote models from scratch. Quite different skill sets, I would say. Also, many of the truly breathtaking bats you see in Korver's Manhattan scene are in fact from Reddonquixote and are available for download.

The Woolworth building is just breathtaking! Even without texturing the detail is superb and the model already pops, I can't wait to see it textured  ;D

Happy New Year  :bnn: