• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Girafe

If I go on uploader tools / collection rankings / select someone to get his files, it doesn't work.

Thanks for fixing  :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

Whoever decided to include a PSC picture in the LEX banner, many thanks!!  :thumbsup:

(Yes, I only realized just now. . .  ::))

Cheers
Willy

CasperVg

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 23, 2013, 10:02:26 AM
Whoever decided to include a PSC picture in the LEX banner, many thanks!!  :thumbsup:
No problem, glad you like it.

A spin-off of some improvements I'm making to the admin interface for the LEX. Figured some extra search functionality couldn't hurt..

Basically a table of all lots on the LEX, that you can then manually filter and/or sort by name, author, upload date, category, etc.

EDIT: Now available on a LEX near you! Note that, due to the sheer size of the table, loading may be a bit sluggish if you're on an old computer
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

c.p.

I tried the new lot table feature out.  It's slow on my ancient computer but it works :)

I don't know if it is just me, but this is how the main LEX page (the main list of files) appears on my computer screen:

The screenshot I captured to get this picture (using Alt+PrtScn) was 11,841 x 7,233 pixels  ()what().  This is the top left corner of that screenshot.  (I further reduced it in size by 50%.)

When I go to an actual item that I want to look at or download, that screen appears normal.  (the picture is correctly sized, etc).

EDIT: ignore what I said about the size of the screenshot.  That was a Windows Paint mishap, and had nothing to do with the LEX.

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

CasperVg

Hmm, that's weird. What browser/version and screen resolution are you guys using? It could be a mishap in the dynamic resizing features

c.p.

Internet Explorer 8, 1280x1024.  I haven't measured exactly, but the pictures appear to be stretched vertically to about 1024 pixels tall exactly the height of the window.

CasperVg

Hmm, trying it out using IE10 in IE8 compatibility mode didn't show such a problem on my end (I did get the problem to appear when going into IE5 compatiblity mode, but that was expected). I'm guessing it's an issue with the @media queries, which are unsupported by IE8 and under. I'll do some research to see if there are alternatives available.

rooker1

I just noticed yesterday that the problem is now gone. Whatever you did, thank you.
And a huge thank you for all the hard work you do on the LEX.

BTW....I wish we could search by creator again.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

c.p.

The picture-stretching problem is still happening for me. &mmm

CasperVg

Back by popular request.. it required some re-coding and one of the main reasons I ended up programming the LEX API..

You can now add files to your "download later" list again, which can then be accessed and downloaded by external tools (like the old LEX Download by Wouanagaine (*)) later. For example, you can browse the LEX at work, and later download the files you selected at home.

NOTE: the Download Later feature requires that you use a relatively new browser. It should work in recent versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. It will also work in Internet Explorer versions 9 and above. If you are still using IE8 or lower please consider upgrading, as those browsers are horribly outdated and you will never get the full LEX experience!

NOTE: if you have an up to date browser and still don't see the "Download List" buttons, please clear your browser cache and make sure to log in using the index page to log in!

(*) the original LEX Downloader has not worked since the LEX layout update a few months ago. I will release a cross-operating system application (in Java) later today that fills that gap.

vortext

Question: if I want to update my tree controllers, do I need to upload the LEX images again or can I just upload the zip-file?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

CasperVg

Only the zip-file should suffice. The software will automatically assume that anything that you don't upload while editing should remain the same.

JoeST

(you should probably rename that button to 'download later'?)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

@JoeST: Heh, you're right. What was I thinking.. I'll change it asap

In other news, the LEX Downloader X is now on the LEX

memo

Great, we need more Java. It works as expected on my end. :thumbsup: Only the absolute layout is a little off on my system.

jdenm8

Quote from: CasperVg on November 24, 2013, 07:35:13 AM
If you are still using IE8 or lower please consider upgrading, as those browsers are horribly outdated and you will never get the full LEX experience!

I think it should be mentioned that XP users cannot do this, so they should use Firefox, Chrome or Opera instead.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

CasperVg

@ Memo: Thanks! Apparently the Mac OS version of JavaFX has a bigger font size. I have released an updated version (v. 1.0.5) with a larger sidebar that should fix the issue (I tested on my brother's Mac and it seemed to work now) and also adds an extra download button. There's a "Download all" and a "Download checked" button now.
@ jdenm8: That's correct. Although, with XP soon reaching EOL status, it will no longer receive any updates, so I would advise anyone still using XP to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1 as soon as they can.

EDIT: I have just done some UI updates to the web version of the Download Later list, which didn't get the layout facelift yet. It also comes with some new features, like removing files from the list and one-click downloading them. All of this uses the new API and thus IE9+

If the birthday cake on the LEX homepage looks somewhat like this for you, then it's time to get a more up-to-date browser..