• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RRW / RAM (Real Railway by NAM 32)

Started by diego6677, January 14, 2015, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diego6677

Hello all,

I am not sure if this post should be in a new topic or be moved to NAM support and problem, as I thought this new post could be sticky point for the users of RRW in future.  Please pardon me for making wrong assumption.

I have used RRW extensively from my NAM32 for some times and I am very happy with it more than Maxis's standard railway.

However, I noticed one issue and I can't find my answer in NAM's RRW user manual and I also checked this forum but no answers.

I noticed that some trains can't switch over to different tracks especially in U-Drive-It mission (or free drive).  I thought that there would be some switch that enables me to direct the train toward different track, not on the track it was travelling on.

In other words, whenever I free-drive the passenger train, it is one way even though there are plenty of tracks crossover/railway junctions (for want of a better word).

Did I do something wrong, or is there no support for such changeover/switch over in RRW?  ()what()

Is there some files that I need to download to help this issue of changeover/switch over?  Please kindly provide links.

Thank you,
Diego

diego6677

(Apologises for double post in case - I add another post after my post because I need to add one more screenshot but my previous post is full).

I attach another screenshot which shows the working drawpaths of railway junctions.  So according to this drawpaths, the train should be able to switch over to different track from the track it was on but it couldn't do so.  Hence I am baffled at this issue.

Thank you again,
Diego.

Tropod

Quote from: diego6677 on January 14, 2015, 11:29:11 AM
(Apologises for double post in case - I add another post after my post because I need to add one more screenshot but my previous post is full).

I attach another screenshot which shows the working drawpaths of railway junctions.  So according to this drawpaths, the train should be able to switch over to different track from the track it was on but it couldn't do so.  Hence I am baffled at this issue.

Thank you again,
Diego.

Internally the paths for rail actually have a flag for their switch. If for whatever reason this flag is faulty, it won't show up in the game irrespective of the paths. So on surface I'd say this is possibly bugged. Couldn't say if it's been reported or not or fixed yet. One of the other members may have to stick their head in  ;).

APSMS

I think that the RRW developer (Swordmaster/Willy) mentioned this bug shortly after release, mostly because he was unaware of how the udi switches were flagged. I'd report the bug on the official thread just to serve as a reminder to him, but unfortunately for now the only thing you can do is revert back to the old rails or just not so the rail udi missions.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

diego6677

Ah, so that is why it is not possible to drive u-drive-it mission with those RRW. 

Thank you for the explanation and checking, and thank you again for reporting this bug to the official thread (which/whereabouts of that thread for my reference  please?).

Thank you once again,
Diego

Indiana Joe

Quote from: diego6677 on January 18, 2015, 01:47:31 PM
Ah, so that is why it is not possible to drive u-drive-it mission with those RRW. 

Thank you for the explanation and checking, and thank you again for reporting this bug to the official thread (which/whereabouts of that thread for my reference  please?).

Thank you once again,
Diego

Right here under NAM Creations.  We're aware that this feature has not been implemented yet and it has been posted about.  There's lots of things missing from the RRW yet.  U-Drive-It is considered a non-essential by most of the NAM Team, but the functionality should return eventually.  With Willy gone for now it might be a little while before the RRW picks back up.  Follow the work of Eggman121 for the latest on the Rail front.

eggman121

Quote from: Indiana Joe on January 18, 2015, 06:40:58 PM
Right here under NAM Creations.  We're aware that this feature has not been implemented yet and it has been posted about.  There's lots of things missing from the RRW yet.  U-Drive-It is considered a non-essential by most of the NAM Team, but the functionality should return eventually.  With Willy gone for now it might be a little while before the RRW picks back up.  Follow the work of Eggman121 for the latest on the Rail front.

Don't know how much I can help in this area but I should be able to provide an answer for now.

While Willy (Swordmaster) is away I have been trying to fill in the gaps for the RRW but I have been helping with the RHW part of thing of late, enough said.

Until Swordmaster comes back I am limited in my ability to add meaningful additions. The stuff I will add will the railyard textures and Maybe some flexing of the turnouts but we are limited in knowledge on the INRUL flags needed to accomplish these.

Remember the RRW is still in its early stages and you won't see any meaningful progress until NAM34 +. If you are really concerned than maybe reverting to Maxis rail may have to suffice until the the RRW becomes more developed. No one person can work on the a project alone and the RRW is no exception! My additions I am making are cosmetic and will remain my only work until I hear any further about the direction of the RRW.

-eggman121

diego6677

Sorry for my late reply as I was busily occupied IRL.

Thank you for your inputs, Indiana Joe and Eggman121 as those are much appreciated.

1.) If I may please suggest that RRW FAQ to include an important point about U-Drive-It mission so that the people would see it earlier in that thread instead of finding it somewhere?  I meant, I never knew that it was not possible to do U-Drive-It mission with RRW set up as I never see those in the documentation until I was told about it in this thread.

I'm not too bothered about not having an ability of doing U-Drive-It mission in my RRW setup because I did simple one loop of RRW to complete these missions at the start of my city building to get those railway missions out of way. :)

2.) Eggman121 - Thank you for the updates on the RRW development - please no worries as I am still happy with the current RRW overall.  I was worried that I broke RRW or I found a so called bug about U-drive-it mission until I learnt about it in this thread.  I rather to have RRW than hving Maxis railway even though the side effect of using RRW is not using U-Drive-it missions in complex setup of RRW all over the place.

Most importantly, thank you for your continued hard work on RRW even though it is sole project and SwordMaster is away.  All I can say is that sometimes, it is nice to be own boss in sole project! :)

Thank you and have a great weekend!
Diego

CahosRahneVeloza

@diego6677: IIRC a lot of SC4 players are not really into U-Drive it that much anyway, A Noony Moose (over at the STEX) and Paeng (STEX and Simpeg) are two people I can remember off the top of my head who couldn't care less.. On the other hand, there are also folks like Haljackey whose repertoire consists mainly of doing UDI videos on Youtube :)

Just my two cents though.