• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ZIP

Started by mickey98989, April 28, 2014, 03:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickey98989

ZIP
Can anyone give me a .zip file of the NAM? The .exe won't work on my computer - it's Windows - and I've downloaded it multiple times.

By the way - I want all the options, but keeping the standard SC4 textures.

Indiana Joe

Not possible at this time.  The NAM has become too large and complex to do this conveniently.  "Standard options" differ from person to person (RHD vs LHD, road textures, additional stations, Maxis highway override, RRW, different RHW options, traffic controller settings, etc, etc.)

At one third of a Gigabyte, it takes an awfully long time to upload to the internet.

The EXE may not be working due to your antivirus settings.

Dublin

The NAM is Zipped for download, perhaps your antivirus or unzipping program is at fault and corrupting the exe. The exe file can be unarchived but I seriously would not recommend that.There are 29 individual files along with numerous dat files for controllers, UI, traffic, Automata, ect., if installed improperly will only give you grief and an over abundance of troubleshooting posts to figure whats wrong.  I prefer not to use installers myself as a general rule but the NAM is an exception. The installer does a great job of placing everything you need the way you want it and the way it needs to be to work properly.

Seems I type too slow. What Indianna Joe said is your answer. :)
Where ever you go, there you are.

mickey98989

Quote from: Dublin on April 28, 2014, 05:16:10 PM
The NAM is Zipped for download, perhaps your antivirus or unzipping program is at fault and corrupting the exe. The exe file can be unarchived but I seriously would not recommend that.There are 29 individual files along with numerous dat files for controllers, UI, traffic, Automata, ect., if installed improperly will only give you grief and an over abundance of troubleshooting posts to figure whats wrong.  I prefer not to use installers myself as a general rule but the NAM is an exception. The installer does a great job of placing everything you need the way you want it and the way it needs to be to work properly.

Seems I type too slow. What Indianna Joe said is your answer. :)
The installer runs fine, but it keeps on giving me these errors with the version number...maybe that is it? I tried to install the patch but it gives me "missing registry entry" errors...

Dublin

If your not running an original disk or a steam version you won't be able to install the update patch and in turn not be able to run the lastest NAM. Same goes for a "no cd Patch".
Where ever you go, there you are.

Tarkus

If you're running the Steam version (or most other digital download versions), it's already patched and should be recognized.  This particular error pattern sounds like a No CD .exe is involved, along with other things.

I'll add that redistributing the NAM, especially repackaging it, without permission of the NAM Team violates Site Rule #10, and will result in membership termination.

-Alex (Tarkus)
Admin

Shark7

I ran into a problem similar to this when I tried to install the new NAM.  To fix it I did the following:

1.  Uninstall SimCity4 and Rush Hour from the HDD.
2.  Do a clean install from the disks (or if you use the Steam Version: from your Steam Download).
3.  Install any official patches you need to install
4.  Run NAM installer after this clean install

After doing those 4 steps I had no problems at all installing the newest NAM.  It seems my game had gotten corrupted somewhere along the way (this also fixed a multitude of stability issues for me as well).