• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New RHW/NWM FLUP Models

Started by Dexter, September 10, 2011, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

amazing models, that RHW-10 tunnel is my favourite so far. ;D Unfortunately, I think it might be too late to include these in NAM v30 due to its "imminent" release, but these tunnels definately have to be added into the NAM as soon as possible. ;D

You have a lot of talent when it comes to tunnel modelling, you should try and join the NAM team. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

ivo_su

As the teacher would say, Qui-Gon Jinn "power springs directly from it" by that I mean the talent in the modeling of Dexter. We all, and NAM - the team we can not afford to lose such a talent. I still suffer greatly for Twyla which was also amazing, but Matt came in me hope. It should be supported and encouraged in what he does.
Otherwise there is no really how these tunnels can be added to the 30th NAM as sad as that is. Pray,  Alex (Tarkus) to devise a way to place  FLUP's 2.0 without it needs  NAM 31. Otherwise you will wait too long.

- Ivo

ps2owner

Pretty awesome. :) I would go for 10 meters, since that is the hight of the NAM's FLUP's.

Tarkus

Quote from: Dexter on September 11, 2011, 09:10:20 AM
I did start "eurofying" the new NAM cosmetic textures a while ago, but I think I underestermated just how many textures there are  :o.  I don't currently have any plans to continue it though.

Maarten did actually put together a Euro version of the NAM cosmetic textures, but it hasn't been packaged up for release yet mainly because the replacement textures for the Road Turning Lanes still need to be ported over for LHD.

I'm also in support of 10m . . . as ps2owner and several others have mentioned, it matches the FLUPs, and SA's hole digging lots have 10m lowering/raising lots.

-Alex

j-dub

Wow not one not two not even 3, but so many new FLUP models! Not just new but replacements too. I have to applaud for the chunk of real time that took to do! &apls

pimmapman

Seeing that you're so good at this tunneling thing, maybe you could make the same sortof thing, except with rail, and with caternaries!

io_bg

Looks awesome! I'm also for 10-metre ramps and on-slope pieces though :)
Keep up with the great work! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Who's awesome? YOU are awesome! :) Also for the 10meters ramps!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

skyscraper

wow, that's very great, i love it  :thumbsup:
sky's Sim City Venus - Project (Start: 2013)

Only on Sim City (2013)

Current Progress: Planning

ivo_su

Well now then all these models become unusable so I understand? So much work goes in vain because it is made for 15 and not 10 meters. My opinion is that it will be easier to have a brand new FLUP's to dive 15 meters deep, than having to make new models. Matt showed how these passages appear in the game and no one who has not liked them. Please help him, instead of trying to kill his desire.

Dexter

Lol Ivo don't worry, all of the sloped transitions are already at 10m depth, the only ones I had done at 15 were the On-slope pieces, which I have now changed to 10m so everything matches up  :)

Here's how the ARD-3 looks in game:

There still seems to be an alignment problem which disappears and reappears at certain angles and zooms, I don't know if this has something to do with placing them as props rather than buildings?

-Matt
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

ivo_su

Thank you  Matt for having me calm and everything you do - you are amazing and I am glad that you came. Did you make  these models in the puzzle pieces into place or  you have not tried?

Dexter

No they're just lots at the moment.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

ivo_su

I hope soon to succeed and turn them into  puzzle pieces to be functional. Incidentally one of the NAM are already linked up with you to assist you in this project. Maatren a very nice tutorial for making puzzle pieces, but you should definitely Tarkus or Chrisim  to decide how they will be  included in the NAM and when it may eventually be  released.

- Ivo

Kitsune

the one thing about making them subway compatible is that flups can still integrate with them, as seen with buddybuds onslope pieces.
~ NAM Team Member

Shadow Assassin

The FLUP puzzle pieces are fairly easy to create - the most difficult part of the process is putting the models onto the puzzle pieces... that should say how not-difficult it is to add :P

Unfortunately, since we've undergone a feature freeze (this is public knowledge, by the way), stuff like this won't be around until NAM 31 (which means plenty of time to work on these FLUP models...but 31 will arrive sooner rather than later because there are other NAM components that aren't part of 30 that are in the process of being updated).

Matt, just PM any of us and we can help you out with those FLUP puzzle pieces. Alternatively, take a look at the existing ones in RUL0, and you can see how they're done.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Getron

I love those sloped transitions

Getron

art128

Those sloped transition are looking really nice, Matt!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cammo2003

As others have been saying, 10m depth sounds about right. 7.5m is the lowest height that'll be used for elevated sections of RHW in the future, and 10m allows 2.5m for roof structure (visually this is about the lowest height where vehicles won't cut through structures visually with a plausible amount of clearance room.

Have to add my kudos too - these are *fantastic* models, and they remind me somewhat of tunnel portals (and in some cases, cuttings) and such that I've actually seen here in Sydney.