• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Schulmania: National Capital Region

Started by Schulmanator, September 19, 2012, 03:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

Good build with  paris houses, bat I miss cars on the streets  &ops

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Performance Based

In the ninth arrondissement, located north of the Wirdle River in the heart of the city, a magnificent gift from the Supreme Wirdle to the people of the capital serves as the focal point and as a dazzling example of the grandiose Capital Style architecture which dominates the expansive new capital. The National Theater presides over the district and is the home of the National Symphony, National Orchestra, and the National Ballet. Of course, many more fine arts are located here as well. Designed by Charles Garnier-Nutrisse in the opulent Capital Style, this magnificent structure is the largest dedicated arts facility in the nation.

Given the massive National Theater, flanked by two performing arts venues, and multiple other artistic venues in the neighborhood, no wonder the Theater District's business is 'performance based'

The golden statues on the National Theater gleam in the sun

The renowned sculptor Augustus Saint Clawdens created masterpieces in marble, cast gold and gilt marble for the theater

The fabulous details are inside as well as outside, dazzling all who come

The IXè Arrondissement is a art lover's dream. Venues with performing arts of all kinds radiate outwards from the theater. Shops selling costumes, jewelry, art and more abound. Bookshops and salons add to an eclectic and vibrant atmosphere.

Salon Schulmanique is located across from the small Chapel of Maxis of the Reticulated Spline. It is a famed gathering spot for prominent intellectuals and a great spot for getting a catnip tea and watching the townsfolk.

The Chapel of St. Maxis of the Reticulated Spline. Many come here in remembrance of St. Maxis' exhortation to "Challenge Everything" but others come to seek intercession for the dreaded crash to desktop.

By Morris Park, many establishments entice you to part with your schulmonetas. Here, we see TGI McScratchy's Goodtime Funeatery, a casual dining franchise, and Moe's Tavern, where the elite meet to drink. Care to join me for a catnip tea with some sardine and tuna tapas?

Morris Park is a welcome patch of green in a highly urbanized district. Those living here in the Maison Aliki love the view.

Closer to the theater, there is less green but more to see. Along Rue Félix, we find the dance studio of Meowcal Baryshnikov and the Lolcat Lounge, a popular comedy club. Headlining this weekend are Gabriel Iglesias and Jack Benny. Your sides will hurt from laughter – guaranteed.

In this view, we see the entirety of Morris Park facing the National Theater. Along its central axis, vendors set up each morning to offer fresh foods, trinkets and doo-dads, and handmade (paw-made?) artwork.

Having a large park is essential to felines to break up an otherwise highly built up area

One popular spot in the park is The Scratching Post, a climbing tower for proper cat exercise. One's claws and paws will be in good shape shimmying to the top of this one.

The wildflower meadow is a natural area in the park. The felines like it because chipmunks and squirrels congregate here, leading to easy meals and plenty of fun in the sun

Let's head back to the theater. I understand there's some seats left for the matinee performance of Penny Hofstadter-Koothrapali doing her one woman show "Cheesecake Factory".

Or, if you believe the reviewers and decided to pass on Penny's show, why not marvel at the variety of fine buildings as you stroll down to Marv's Sensational Six Seafood, a seafood eatery recently opened by an émigré from Schulmania's longtime ally Port Matthew eager to start his second life amongst the felines.

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

mightygoose

very nice work, it is great to see this project still running.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Swordmaster

I also live in a "theater district". But there's no cats here. :(

Nice work.

Cheers
Willy

Shark7

You have done an excellent job recreating the real thing in game.

But I have to say...while it is beautiful, I don't think I'd like to live there, it's just too crowded for me.

noahclem

Great job assembling this area  &apls  The layout and bat selection is very well done. My cat Santtu is quite enticed by your talk of catnip and sardines while I may stick to Moe's tavern.

And one of these day's I'll think of a clever enough or awful enough cat pun to include in my reply  :D

rambuckel

Mozart really appreciates the existance of a large park. He likes theatres as well as they provide pillowy seats to lie on and good music is good for dozing off  ;D Theatre monologues will do as well  ()stsfd()

I really like the choice of BATs and the structures you build them in!

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

sunv123

Dang, those flowers must be GIGANTIC!()flower()

Keep on going. ;)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Dantes

I am amazed and watch your pictures. These are images of a capital city. I have rarely seen so much paris set in scene set. I will marvel at this evening still a while your pictures. Great, magnificent, impressive!

eldaldo

I always love looking through your Diaries.  This entry is wonderful.  that is some well done and unique street work there.

Schulmanator

Dantes      Thanks for coming by. Cats do not like cars very much, so don't expect to see many here in Schulmania.

Mightygoose   Thanks! And glad to see you back!

Swordmaster Thanks for coming by. No cats in your theater district? You are missing out on some great performances!

Shark7   Thanks for coming by and welcome to Schulmania. The capital is the biggest city and has crowded parts. But the nation as a whole is quite low density. Our towns are leafy and compact. Come see us at www.schulmania.info.

noahclem   So you also have a feline supervisor? He is welcome to join the aristocracy in the Bureau of Feline Affairs. We always welcome more furry, purry friends!

rambuckel   Thanks! And do give Mozart our warmest, furriest regards!

sunv123   LOL! All the better to see you with, says the wolf! LOL!

Dantes      Thank you. You are very kind and I am delighted you liked it.

eldaldo   Thanks! This one took some work to pull off. And I am glad you liked it.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

nbvc

bat

Nice work on your new region and MD! The city is looking great.
Looking forward to more... :)

Schulmanator

A Tribute

As we all know, today a gunman entered an elementary school in Connecticut and killed 26 people. There is no rational explanation for this; it is simply an act of evil. It is a tragedy that so many lives have been lost and so many families devastated by malice beyond my comprehension. As someone who works in a school, this latest incident resonates very much with me. You can't do what I do as a job; it's personal. We don't just give knowledge; we give ourselves. And regardless of whence they come, we take care of and care for all of our kids. And when things like this happen, regardless of how far away the place is, it feels very close to home. And I think of my own school and the many people who are special and important there. So I have this small tribute for those who were lost in this tragedy.

Mr.Lin

AMAZING !
Look forward to your next update !
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

sunv123

I see that there's 26 candles. There was 27 dead you know &cry2. Ah, yes, it's very sad. Why did he do this? :'(

You can see that i care as well. Look to my signature. :(
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Around Morris Park

In the ninth arrondissement, located north of the Wirdle River in the heart of the city, a magnificent gift from the Supreme Wirdle to the people of the capital serves as the focal point and as a dazzling example of the grandiose Capital Style architecture which dominates the expansive new capital. The National Theater presides over the district and is the home of the National Symphony, National Orchestra, and the National Ballet. Of course, many more fine arts are located here as well. Designed by Charles Garnier-Nutrisse in the opulent Capital Style, this magnificent structure is the largest dedicated arts facility in the nation. Facing the magnificent façade is Morris Park, named for one of the feline world's greatest actors. This park is a welcome respite from the urban jungle of the IXè arrondissement and is a haven for artists, musicians, families and recreationalists.

The massive green dome of the theater dominates the neighborhood

It is topped with statuary by renowned sculptor Augusts Saint Clawdens

We'll stop by the theater later to see what's playing. But first, let's stroll around the Theater District.

Get your slant on! Diagonal roads abound here. Here we encounter the Cavalier Cavalcade, home of Schulmania's musical and variety shows aplenty.

There are plenty of residences hidden amongst the many musical and performing arts venues. Many enjoy a wooded backyard.

The Klingon Opera House is on this corner. Klingon opera is, shall we say, an acquired taste...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1J7702SHxA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqgVkpjGR4

A stint at the Klingon Opera House will definitely get you in the mood for a walk in the park

Anyone want to climb the Scratching Post?

We can also ride the carousel. It's a fun whirl!

There are plenty of vendors out today too. Do you want some handmade crafts? Or perhaps watch some street magic or freelance performers? The kitty breakdancers usually draw quite a crowd.

If you don't want to dine al fresco, you can always head over to the Blooming Idiot, a flower shop-café whose clever name definitely catches the eye. It's located on ground level in the Weigel Building.

We still have time for a quick stroll down to Calico Corners. There are quite a few theatrical venues along the boulevard.

I saw a bill posted about a concert at the National Theater this afternoon while down on Rue Schulmaniste. It's a double feature: Leonard Nimoy doing "I am Not Spock" followed by "I am Spock".

Attending this is the only logical choice...

Back at the theater, ready to get tickets...

It's impressive, day or night

The whole district is aglow with performance venues

Let's head inside; the show is about to start

Let's get our seats. It's almost showtime!

rambuckel

That's so brilliant again! I love the Parisian atmosphere! When I think of Paris my most beautiful memory is a morning when we (a group from my school on our way to Brittany) arrived in Paris very early in the morning. The bus stopped close to Montmartre. It was about 5 a.m. and the first cafés and bakeries were just opening. Montmartre was lying in the morning mist. The streets were nearly empty. We climbed all the stairs to Montmartre and had an overwhelming view over Paris from there. After enjoying that view we got ourselves a coffee and some fresh croissants. It was just brilliant. And somehow your pictures remind me of that moment ...
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Dantes

Your district with the large theater is very impressive.  :o You use the set-paris fantastic.  :thumbsup:

I like your park is not so much because it looks very cartoony compared to the Parisian buildings.  $%#Ninj2

Schulmanator

nbvc   Thanks! Glad you liked it.

bat   Thanks! Glad to have you here in the new MD.

Mr.Lin   Thank you. Glad to have you here.

sunv123   You are correct. I was counting only those at the school. Such a terrible event and totally senseless.

rambuckel   Awesome! I am glad my work brought you back to a happy memory. And now I am hungry for a fresh Parisian croissant!

Dantes      Thanks for coming by. The park is not Parisian in nature because the city is not intended to be a Paris clone, just inspired by it. I wanted it to be a contrast and break up the built space.