• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Making Models for Transit Networks: Some General Specifications

Started by Tarkus, February 22, 2008, 05:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtg

Ok I exported my first piece from max as a .3ds
Didn't know ho i should export it like this

or this

I took the first one. I opened reader and opened the file giving me this

I pushing buttons but nothing is happening, and I can't find a tut. to explain how can I texture this piece.
So once again I'm asking you guys to help me out!

Korot

mtg

Still, I don't have clue what to do (funny thing when i press dat info it tells me I created the part in the year 1970.  ???

Blue Lightning

You need to import it into a dat.

In your case, since its a .3ds file, you need to copy an s3d from another dat, and use the 3DS functions.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

mtg

ahh, yeah sure!? how do I do That?

(MTG stands for Me Total Goof ball)

I think when i finish this ramp this treat will be a fine tutorial on making puzzle pieces

mtg

Ok I think I'm on the right track here, I pushed allot of buttons in reader and this screen is what I got.

So I should copy the selected file and paste it in the blank dat, or should I first open my own 3ds file and paste it in there, or option 3 I'm not on the right track I should do things completely different...

Korot

Reading BL's instruction, you should copy that .s3d file into the blank.dat file, and then press the button with 3ds functions on it, the one on the top right of the right pane, in case you don't know where to look.

Regards,
Korot

mtg

Ok, thank you.
I pushed that button and imported my own 3ds file. What's next?

Korot

mtg

something odd, I think i exported the file not realy correctly  :-[
Wait a sec for the pic imageshack is slow again

mtg

Ok here it is, what i can explain is the flurry thing (probarbly something i forgot to delet. but why is it tilted??

Jonathan

Before exporting you need to rotate the model 90(EDIT: before I edited I said -90, but corrected it so theres no false info) degress on the X axis. (this is because in S3D files the Y axis is up and down and Z is horizontal)

mtg

mtg

wrong again

Does it matter at what position you export a model?

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

mtg

mtg

succes!  &hlp

But now what?? I would like to use standard RHW mis textures, but how do I apply them on my model?  ()what()
I was clicking some buttons and saw the textures (at least I think these are textures) I want to use, but I don't have clue how to get them on my lovely model. some help (again) would be nice (again) :thumbsup: 

mtg

I was following Ebina's tutorial on texturing puzzle pieces, is this the right way to go?